“Great Potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National Park, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book direct get 15% off
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nai Yang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Munich, Germany
“Great Potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This may initially sound negative, but overall it was a great resort, and fantastic locaiton.
We recently stayed at the Indigo Pearl in Nai Yang Beach, Phuket. It started off bumpy, and I was regretting booking this hotel. We paid almost €7000 (nearly $13K) including air, for 15 days, I expected a great vacation! We were dropped off at the front entrance, it was beautiful, open aspect and very tropical looking, no one greeted us, our luggage was left on the circular drive, not what we expected from 5 Star. We made our way to the front desk, it was a group of young kids running the show...not another great start. My husband went and brought the luggage up himself.
Our check in took quite a while, and we were exhausted after travelling for nearly 19 hours, we wanted our room. The front desk was complete chaos, repeatedly we were asked by staff members could they help us? It became comical, otherwise we'd lose it. There is no system.
We were brought to our room about 45 minutes later, completely exhausted, only to discover that our room was not finished. It was absolutely GORGEOUS, but no slippers, no beach shoes, no beach bag, the fridge was empty, no bathroom items... I wanted to cry. Staff were running in and out of our room for the next 30 minutes. We finally shut the door and slept. We were woken up with a fruit platter, it was very nice, and we hoped a fresh start. Unfortunately we had more problems, our room was not cleaned properly, there were dirty plates and glasses left in the suite, and we didn't receive new towels. This was the third day, and I wanted to check out. Regardless how beautiful this resort was, we wanted the 5 Star service we paid for... I called front desk and spoke to the assistant manager, Oil, she was very understanding and immediately apologised, and let us know she'd have the problem fixed. She told us she would contact us the next morning at 10:00 which she did. Her assistant came and asked me to see another suite, as a token of their apology, it was beyond beautiful. Ironically it was the suite we wanted to upgrade to, however no one at the front desk made any attempt to help us with this on check in. It was wonderful, we had the suite and didn't pay the upgrade cost. Things became better after this, which is sad. A 5 Star should be 5 Star regardless of the size of suite you have. The service definitely needs to be worked on, beach staff were uninterested in the guests, and this was disappointing. The locals told us that there is a new manager, and he's intent on shaping things up. I will go back again, because the location is incredible, the suites are divine and the beach street is so friendly. I have confidence that the New Manger will sort things out. We did go to the Cocoon Spa and went into the nest, they messed up our reservation, and initially put us into a normal spa room, it was frustrating, as it's the little things you want and expect in a luxury holiday. Again, I have faith that this hotel will meet it's potential and become a lovely resort offering the promised 5 Star service. The adult pools are wonderful for childless couples! It was a savior!
I recommend Linda's Seafood restaurant down the street on the beach, it's incredible! And the staff at Sunset beach bar are incredibly friendly! Our ipads were taken out of our bag by some tourists "helping us out" when I had a sugar episode and the staff took them and kept them behind the bar for us! Honesty and friendly! great combination!
Thank you Oil for your wonderful gift of the upgrade, it was our 11 year anniversary, we would have happily paid for it, if your front desk staff had been a little more competent!
PS.staff that can speak and understand English is a great asset!! Or German, or French!
I look forward to your service improvements!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, if you can afford it, pay for it, the bigger suites are amazing! If you don'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice, Management at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Skusderci,

Thank you for your review. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay and the service not being up to standard. Please note this is not our standard, and mostly certainly will be rectified immediately. We do hope to welcome you back and deliver the "wow' service. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Have just spent 10 days at The Indigo Pearl and have to say that it was truly lovely. I was rather apprehensive after reading some of the earlier reviews, but there really wasn't anything to worry about.
We were picked up from the airport in a lovely air conditioned car and were checked in and taken to our room by buggy, all within 30 minutes.
We stayed in a Premium-Pearl-Bed-Suite, which was clean, comfortable and quirky to say the least. It overlooked pool 2 and the hills behind. It was quiet and cool.
The management appear to have addressed the mosquito problem and provided daily repellent coils and oil burners. We did spray ourselves before going out in the evening and I didn't have one bite the whole holiday.
I do feel that the management need to look at their food and drink pricing however. The service and the staff were excellent, (especially Sao and Noon in the Rebar/Rivet Grill) but we found ourselves to be the only people eating in the restaurants on two consecutive nights. We then discovered that you can get excellent food and cocktails at a fraction of the price, right outside the hotel, on the beach. It is far too expensive to eat in the hotel for every meal. That said, the breakfasts were to die for!
We had two fabulous evenings, at the seafood barbecue and The Black Ginger buffet, which were both good quality and value. On our last evening we dined in The Rivet Grill. The food and service were excellent, however I don't think it warranted the £160 bill!
I had a terrific massage from Wan (the masseuse) in the Coqoon Spa. Wonderful, have never been so relaxed.
So all in all it is a great place to stay and don't be put off by the one or two bad reviews.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best vies and the most light
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Indigo Pearl is very unique and in terms of design it is a special one of a kind venue. The moment I stepped into the venue, I was amazed at how industrial design, seamlessly and boldly combines with the tropical landscape.
On every step you will see "mining" motives, at lobby there are 20-ft containers and all doors looks like entrances to a shaft or a bunker.
The room is outstanding and what really made me happy are the stylish massive black colored bathtub and extremely Comfy beds that I never wanted to get out of. There are 3 amazing pools and 2 are only for adults which makes it exclusively for adult play time. I dined at Rivet for my first night and it was absolutely stunning. However, my most enjoyable experience was at the Coqoon spa which was designed by Bill Bensley. The spa’s showstopper is The Nest Built high in the air, cleverly hidden in an aged Banyan Tree. The Nest is breath taking and a designer work of art, as well as a truly functional treatment room. The staff are highly versed so it made the entire experience flawless and prudent. I would highly recommend that you should give the Coqoon spa experience a go!

• Stayed March 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks at the end of February and we selected it based on the reviews and the cost. We were very happy with the hotel and enjoed our stay. The staff are friendly and helpful and the room was large and well laid out for us, our 11 year old and baby. The restaurants offer a variety of food at different budget levels, but still more expensive than the local beach restaurants, but that is to be expected in a 5* hotel. The food quality is very good. The beach is adjacent, safe and quiet but you do see the airplanes coming in although not so it spoils the ambience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I will go back to phuket just so I can stay here again! I stayed in d bunk room- I cannot rave enough about it. Outdoor bath, private courtyard huge industrial like shower inside, cool room all up.

The breakfast was amazing.

You MUST go to the dayspa. I felt like a princess, the private rooms/showers and attention to detail is great. 5 star and then some.

There are several pool areas, everything is unique and works well with natural surroundings which is why I enjoyed it so much. It's a massive place but you don't feel like your in a western resort.

Great area- so close to airport but decent enough beach and heaps of restaurant as on beAch. Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We actually ended up not staying overnight at the hotel. My family with 2 kids had the option of staying at Indigo or another hotel. From reviews on Tripadvisor, we chose Indigo. We checked-in to our pool villa suite. The room was spacious with unique decor. However, the room had a moldy smell and was gloomy dark not what you expect in Phuket. When we turned on the tap water ( we had 2 taps in our bathroom), the water of both taps were BROWN like rust. (After a while the water did clear) The view of our room was our private pool which looked run down and had greenish brown cloudy water. There was a sign saying it's a salt water pool thus may be cloudy. Hmmmm we have a salt water pool at our house and its not cloudy!!! The pool of the villa next door to us looked worse with missing tiles all over so they must have chosen the best villa for us. The hotels grounds garden looked dry. Overall we did not feel like we were in Phuket so we decided to move to another hotel. I cannot comment about the pool or beach because I did not see them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ExecOffice, Management at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear JuneBeen,

Thank you for your feedback, It was very unfortunate you were inconvenienced with the water issues which affected all of Phuket due to maintenance work going on that day.

Please note this was one-off and not our norm.

Kind Regards
Indigo Pearl team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been spending family vacation in this hotel for many years in a row.
I want to highlight the negatives because I really care. This resort is my best vacation destination ever, so please weight in the observations, it is only aimed at being constructive.
This year, I found that the personnel turnover was high. Not sure if this is the reason for the inconsistency in the quality of service and the attention that is given to food quality.
The same dish ordered 2 days in a row would be once great and once barely eatable.
The diving center new management isn't as good and friendly as previous years.
Also this year's room cleaning wasn't as perfectly done that what it used to be.
Everything else is still at the top: sunday brunch as good as ever, service at the Rebar is smooth and full of humour, kids club staff truely loves kids and takes extremely good care of them...
Last but not least, the Tennis academy is the best you can find on the planet!
Thank you.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!