“Romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National Park, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book direct get 15% off
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Nai Yang
New Delhi, India
“Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Amazing rooms, great location, nice concept, v romantic setting

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice, Management at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Dear Aamir35,

Thank you for your review. W e do hope to see you again. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

If u wud like to have a getaway from the hustle and bustle of bangla and patong, but with a long stretch of clean beach and plenty of local restaurants and massages, Nai Yang beach is your choice. I m writing this review in my pearl suite in indigo pearl facing the adult only infinity pool..the landscape and layout of this hotel is excellent, it's very big but yet every facility is within 5min walkin distance, or u can take the buggy service. Super nice lap pool with jacuzzi, state of the art fitness centre with two complimentary workout classes conducted everyday, my dream came true yoga studio with ceiling to floor glass panel overlooking bamboo shoots, full of energy. The beach is just few steps cross a road from the hotel, with many shops, cafe and cheap massage parlors. Took a thai massage out of the hotel at 10usd and the massage was excellent. Then today I and my bf went to the coccon spa in the resort, which was awarded as top 10 spa in the world. The design and the ambience of the spa is top class, welcome was ok, with explanation on different type of massages and clear question on what pressure we prefer for the massage. But the receptionist made a mistake labelled my preference and my bf wrongly. Mine preference become his and his become mine. But we did clarify with the masseur and they double confirm with us, I will be taking a strong invigorating massage while my bf takes a medium relaxing massage. Everything starts out well, for the first 5 min my masseur was very strong, applying accupressure on my back I can hear cracking sound. I am loving the first 5 min and then this plump lady started to slacken, after 5 min only. The massage became merely touching here and there, with little effort, but the ambience was very good that I almost fell asleep. Then I noticed she was pausing a little bit, with stroke then "resting" on my pressure point instead of pressuring it. I moved to let her know "hey I m not sleeping yet" then she moved her hand again but stil no pressure, the supposed to b invigorating strong massage now become gently applying oil on my body like I am a fragile baby. I had many bad experiences like this where the masseur was very lazy to work, and this one is obviously one, but for usd 100+ for a 60 minute massage, slackening after 5 min was certainly unacceptable. While my masseur was relaxing here, I can c my bf's masseur so passionately putting her effort to massage my bf and I Wish we can exchange therapist. I didn't voice out my unsatisfaction because my bf was beside me and he looked conpletely happy with his treatment. So I only voiced it out in the feedback form. I guess I am just unlucky to have a poor therapist, since my bf get a good one. Do try out to experience the ambience of the spa, with outdoor shower and individual villa like houses as treatment room. Try out the Nest as they really look amazing. Will stop my comment here as I am goin for the beach BBQ now.

• Stayed March 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Wow. This was meant to be the highlight of our tour of Thailand and it didn't fail to deliver. We took a private pool pavilion and it was stunning. Great space, great outdoor space, amazing bathroom and so different from the norm. Pools were all very good, particularly enjoyed there being adult only pools. The communal spaces are all so wacky and interesting, great. We were very impressed with some of the minibar packages, bottle of spirits, mixers, beers and snacks delivered with regular ice top ups at pretty much cost! Food in the hotel was good, but food in the numerous restaurants on the beach was equally wonderful and a great setting and experience. We were there whilst there was some building work taking place, but it was considerately done and didn't detract from our experience in the slightest.

• Stayed October 2011
bordighera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I saw a lot of 5 star luxury hotel in the world , but the Indigo is something different, not usual nice hotel.........in the Indigo you can have all the facilities and the standard of a luxury hotel in a new and not common atmosphere !
very very nice !
P.S.: everything is perfect : food, location,service ......ecc.

Room Tip: d buk suite are very nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at Indigo Pearl for 3 nights with my boyfriend as part of a 15 night holiday in Thailand. We stayed in 3 hotels around Phuket Indigo Pearl, Six Senses and The Sarojin all rated 5 star so my review takes unot account the standards I received in all of them to compare.

Indigo Pearl is a well designed and funky hotel that has a real element of design too it. It’s certainly not a typical Thai style décor but I absolutely loved the style that focuses on the area’s history with Tin mining.

Arrival & Check in: The transfer from Phuket airport is approx 10 mins so if you are travelling straight through from the UK a short transfer is bliss! We where greeted at the impressive reception with a Thai tea cocktail and cold towel which was nice then seated in an area while check in was sorted out. We where then driven by buggy to our room one of the room keys didn’t work but not a big issue.

Room: We stayed in a Pearl Bed Suite (which is the basic room in the hotel) but we where overwhelmed by how spacious and well designed the room was. It certainly exceeds what I was excepting from the room. Our room over looked the small family pool and was on the 3rd floor. It was an end room which meant we had 2 balconies and a little more privacy than some of the rooms. There was plenty of space for the 2 of us with a walk in wardrobe area for our cases and clothes, king bed, seating area then a sepaete bathroom area with a huge bath tub, rain shower, double sinks and dressing table / desk area. The toiletries where lovely and there was an oil burner in the room with a lovely smell.

Grounds / Pool: The resort is big, although personally I still think they manage to maintain a boutique feel. Yes we did get lost when walking around but hey your on holiday and wondering around a beautiful resort with lovely landscaping isn’t a bad way to get lost! We used Adult pool 3 one day which is well set out with a swim up bar (think classy not all-inclusive plastic cups floating around the water) they had happy hour in the pool bar 4pm – 6pm which is good to know and we didn’t have any problems getting sun loungers round the pool.

Beach: The beach is soft white sand and the sea is shallow warm clear water. It’s not a deserted beach exclusive to the hotel but it wasn’t overly crowded and never had a problem getting a sun lounger. There is a bar on the beach as well as other local bars and shops to grab a cheaper bear or snack if you are watching the budget of paying hotel prices.

Breakfast: Breakfast had a great selection can’t think if anything you would want that they didn’t have. Only slight gripe is that if you want a herbal tea you have to pay extra (about £3 a tea) which was disappointing as for a 5 star hotel would expect that a selection of teas would be offered at breakfast.

We didn’t eat in the hotel restaurants and ate on in the places along the beach all food was good value and tasty. We did have room service one night which offered a very varied choice was of a good standard and delivered promptly.

Activities: We did a cooking class in Moo’s kitchen which was a fantastic change from sitting around the pool / beach we spent the morning cooking green curry, papaya salad, noodles and Thai style coconut fried banana then enjoyed our labour with a glass of wine. I would recommend this to anyone at the resort.

Gym: There is a small gym with a selection of cardio equipment as well as free weights and weight machines. There are a host of daily classes as well which you can take part in.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone; it seems to be able to cater for large groups, couples and families without isolating anyone.

Out of the 3 hotels I mention above Indigo Pearl came 2nd in my overall ranking (Six Senses 1st and Sarojin 3rd) this doesn’t take anything away from Indigo Pearl as I didn’t want to leave and before arriving at Six Senses was sure that it would be the best hotel of our stay!

Room Tip: We had a standard Pearl bed Suite and it was perfect. If you want total privacy a pool villa would b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

First time, this far East for us, and we loved every minute of it.

We usually go five star if we can, and this certainly lived up to that marque, the staff were very attentive and we loved the little touches like the iced water, fruit and cold flannels passed around the adult pools at the middle of the day.

We plumped for the Private Pool Pavilions and we weren't sorry, as the room was large, airy and gave us everything we needed.

We used the restaurants at night, and the beach bars by day, and all were good, although we thought the Rivet Grill was far too over priced for what it was, and Black Ginger was a tad too dark for our taste, and it felt like we were in a blackened pyramid on the two occasions we ate there.

We quite like the laid back attitude of the Tin Mine and we ate there more than any other.

We didn't like the looped music in pool three, and this spoiled to for us, so adult pool two became our favourite.

Love the Thai people, and felt very safe in Phuket City and Patang, and we also liked the way the animals were treated around Nai Yang, dogs and cats were treated very well, which pleased my wife no end.

We stayed for two weeks, loved it, loved the people and loved the resort.

We flew via Eva Air, we went Business Class, and enjoyed that experience as well.

Ian and Lyn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is definitely what can be called a big Resort. Staff very well trained, good food and fantastic installations. Very very nice pools, tennis courts, spectacular gardens. Room is very comfortable and fancy. Room, balcony and bathroom are something! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Location is *very* convenient. Close to the airport, calm beach in front of hotel with small commerce and restaurants - what is convenient to feel a little bit of Thailand.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!