“Overall Good, but there are rooms for improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National Park, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book direct get 15% off
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nai Yang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Overall Good, but there are rooms for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

1. Breakfast with variety but mediocre.

2. Birds were daring to pack food from guest table and buffet table. Staffs were not attentive to these details. Seeing the birds packing on the bread, I feel nausea eating it!!

3. All the food are not warm, and not fantastic.

4. It is a LONG walk (but pleasant walk) it will be good if the staffs could stop and ask us if we need a lift back to our rooms or to the lobby. Instead they are avoiding eye contact and do not greet the the guest.

Other than the above points, Overall, this is a very good hotel! Enjoying our stay here. I hope the management could improve on these areas.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Flinders, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at Indigo Pearl in a Pool Villa for two nights before flying home. The Villa was a good layout, and the design was definitely individualistic. Our villa, however, was a bit disappointing, located on the lower level (two storey buildings) and was very musty/mould on bottom of curtains, cushions outside, day bed grubby, mosaics on pool had fallen off. They also have built a roof over the pool which makes it very uninviting - too dark. I used the main pools instead. Speaking of which, these were great, I used #3 which was an adult only pool - great horizon overlooking very interesting palm tree tops and a water course, there were two other pools, one with a swim-up bar (adults only) and another for children. The beach was great in the morning with the tide in, and they have a little bar and sun lounges there. As I was aware, they are still doing renovations to the hotel and once I did a recky, getting lost in the process, I figured out the best direct course to the restaurants. The hotel grounds are massive, too big for my liking, I prefer something a bit more intimate/boutiquey. We had a 6pm flight and was able to have a late checkout, the hotel was fully booked but they were able to give us another room (2nd storey overlooking pool #3), no pool in room. This was definitely much cleaner and had no mildew smell. They very kindly gave this to us at no charge. Food was of a very good standard in the Tin Mine (had lunch, breakfast and dinner there) and dinner one night in Black Ginger - unfortunately couldnt try out Rivet Grill as we didnt book a table and didnt wish to wait for one. Tin Mine gets very hot as there arent many direct fans in it and it is open. The "snooker" room/bar (Tongkah Tin Syndicate) was great, but signage to it was non existent (with building works nearby) and no-one was in it. All in all, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had a wonderful holiday for 2 weeks in August. As soon as we checked in we were given lovely Iced teas and cool towels which was just what we needed after a very long flight. We were then took to our room in a golf buggy and our luggage was brought up to us soon later. The receptionist kindly showed us round the room and how to work the taps etc - the unusual but quirky design makes this unobvious! The d-buk room was beautiful and had a large balcony complete with a large bed/chair, table and chairs and bath with privacy curtain. The shower was wonderful and each day we were given free toiletries and many fresh towels in different sizes. The bedroom was lovely and spacious with a large clothes walk-in style wardrobe. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Apple, our maid, was very friendly and made a great effort to clean our room everyday which included a 5pm turn-down service in which she would light candles. It was my birthday during the stay and the staff so nicely made me a complimentary birthday cake!
The hotel itself is very well maintained by all the lovely staff. The grounds and pool areas look lovely with lots of water, stepping stones, fish and lily pads. We used all 3 of the pools; pool 1 is used more by families and has a nice little snack bar which serves lovely snacks. The infinity pool is great and often the most quiet. The adults-only pool was great too and does tasty fruit-blends which Kit the friendly barman often made to perfection!
We ate at all 3 restaurants. Unfortunately due to the renovations (which weren't at all disruptive) the original Black Ginger was closed but relocated to rebar. The food here was lovely ( but quite expensive for thai standards ) and the service of the staff is brilliant. Rivet Grill does delicious food but is even more expensive and without alcohol we accrued a whopping £60 bill. My favourite restaurant was the tin mine which we used more often due to its cheaper prices and wide range of food offered. The only problem I had was that catch of the day for 2 weeks was always white snapper - should it be renamed catch of the month?? The food was always great though and service great too. The breakfasts were wonderful (I really miss my Tin Mine breakfasts!) with such a large selection from breads, pastries, cakes, juices, delicious fresh fruit, fresh juices, cereals, yogurts, pancakes, curries, eggs cooked the way you like infront of you (omlettes, poached, boiled, fried, scrambled) etc. Everything you could think of is at breakfast and the open-air restaurant is wonderful to eat in before spending a day at the pool! We also used the hotel room service which was super-quick and the food was delicious.
The hotel has a library which is great and also a dvd library - great for rainy nights! The free internet and computer service was brilliant too. I took advantage of the laundry service which was quite pricey but very quick.
I did not use the famous cuqoon spa but I did use the resorts gym which was great with excellent facilities and tvs. The concierge staff were so helpful and we booked 2 trips: the first was an elephant trek (45min one) which I would very much recommend and the 2nd was the trip to Koh Phi Phi which I would also recommend. Unfortunately, we did not get the best weather during our visit so could not go on more trips but available trips include museum and temple trips, trips to Krabi and Phang Nga Bay(James Bond island), biking trips, a cooking school and lots of in-resort fitness trips i.e. thai boxing and yoga.
The hotel runs a bus to Patong and Phuket town which is very handy. Unfortunately neither place appealed to me but if you're interested in going it is definitely worth using this service as it is much cheaper than a taxi as traffic can be hectic.
Evidently, I loved the hotel but my main problem lies within the location. Nai Yang really doesn't have much to offer. The main street is filled with weird seedy bars, a few tuxedo shops and has a very dirty horrible beach with lots of stray dogs running wild. Perhaps if the area was cleaned up a bit and a couple of nice shops opened and a clean, sanitary bar open it would improve. Having said that, we ate many times at local restaurant Thai at Siam which is a MUST visit, serving the nicest thai food I have ever had. We also ate at an Italian restaurant which was fine and very cheap.
Overall, the hotel is beautiful with staff who work so hard to give the best possible service. It is a definite must if you are looking for a resort-based holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We loved our 5 days here as a quiet break from the bustle of Hong Kong.
Great scenery. Good beach walks, sunsets etc.

The room took a bit of getting used to - we had to move; the first was a bit smelly (drains).

The Hotel food excellent especially Black Pig.

Great gardens and pools (3).

We recommend this place

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We booked 1 D-Buk Suite and their Bensley Suite. Due to upgrading of the property in part of the hotel, they offered us 25% discount on all the suites booked. Upon arrival due to my request of arranging my sister in law suite near to our suite, the management upgraded my sister in law suite to Private Pool Pavilion and it is just next to our suite!
Ms. Marina, the guest relationship manager lead us to the grand Bensley Suite by buggy. The design of the suite is fantastic, it comes with an open air private spa villa, a huge private pool, living area with fully stocked, complimentary mini bar and complimentary dried food like peanuts and titbit. Snacks and fruit basket were changed everyday. Surprisingly, they pre-arranged story books, colouring books, colour pencils and crayons and toys to keep my 2 children occupied during our stay. And they also pre-arranged 2 float rings, 2 sets of arm bands for my children to use in the pool! When we went upstairs, there were a rollaway bed and a fully set up baby cot with kid size pillow, bolster and blanket ready for my children to rest. There is another mini bar upstairs and attach to it there is the dressing table and walk in wardrobe. In the bath area, there is a his and hers basins with special taps, open concept rain shower and separate W.C. A connecting door opened up to the outdoor super size bath tub and huge balcony overlooking our very own pool and spa villa. The bed quality is soft and comfortable with variety of pillow menu to choose from.
The only negative point of this Bensley Suite is the 2 staircases are all outdoor and it is inconvenience for children to use especially when alone, during night time and rainy day.
Breakfast served was good in Tin Mine. We tried the Black Ginger dinner once during our stay the set dinners were delicious and price are reasonable but the light was too dim until we couldn't see the food easily. The ambience was definitely romantic.
Last day, the hotel arranged our breakfast to be served in our suite upon our request without any extra charge.
The hotel concierge team was so happy to help us rent a car from the airport and the car was sent to us within 15 minutes.
Although the location of Indigo Pearl is very near to airport (about 10 minute drive), we couldn't hear the noise of airplanes taking off and landed.
The Nai Yang beach though not the cleanest beach ever can get in Phuket, but the sand is fine and the shells are so clean and beautiful. I read that this is the longest beach in Phuket. Along the beach there are many local beach side seafood and pizza stalls. Unfortunately we didn't have chance to try them.
We seek concierge to book our dinner in Thai @ Siam which is 5 minutes walk from the hotel. The owner of Thai @ Siam came and fetched us from the hotel and sent us back. They served the best food we ever had during our stay. My daughter loved their 3 colour rice so much. If they are still serving Panang Red Curry Prawn, don't miss it! Price is only half of what you can get in Black Ginger! Super good deal!
The only downside of this hotel or I should say in most of the hotels in Phuket or even Thailand, the staff have problem understanding English.
But this problem was solved immediately after Ms. Marina knew about our communication break down with their staff, she allowed us to contact her directly at her mobile or email if we had any enquiry or arrangement request. The staff are very polite and friendly.
If you have chance to stay in Indigo Pearl do not miss the Coqoon Spa! The treatment price is reasonable compare to many hotels in the region. The special Coqoon treatment room is so nice, cozy and comfortable. They also have a Spa Suite which located next to the spa treatment rooms. It has its own pool, sauna room, steam bath room, special lye down rain showers! According to them this suite can be rented hourly but minimum to 2 hourly usage.
There is also kids club for children and plenty of activities to keep your children busy while you are enjoying spa or the pool!
Last but not least there are 3 swimming pools in this hotel! 2 adult pools and 1 family pool. They are all gorgeous!
I would like to thank Ms. Marina for providing the warm and lovely service upon all our request and beyond our request.
We definitely will come back again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Indigo Pearl and it was absolutely as good as we had hoped.

There are a few 3 common themes with the reviews that I read before , my opinion is as follows:

Refurbishment - there is absolutely a pretty major piece of work taking place at the moment, that said the area is well cordoned off and having stayed in 2 rooms during our stay i can honestly say that this had absolutely no impact. There was very little noise, dust etc is kept away by having the area boarded off so the only inconvenience is that you have to walk round the area.

Airport - very close by and you see the planes coming in /going out which means that you can hear them as well...but not too often and again not a problem.

Dirty Beach - there was a storm during our stay & this washed up a lot of bottles / wood / general clutter. The beach for the Indigo is kept spotless, but further down teh beach it can be a bit unsightly. The local people clear up the beach regularly, but this is more geared around the high season & during the monsoon season keeping it clean is pretty much impossible. Its a shame because the beach itself is very picturesque, but not a show stopper for me - just dont expect that it will be like the postcards that you get from the maldives...

All of the staff were excellent, the rooms were very comfortable, hotel facilities very good, breakfast selection / quality excellent, beach area great, location good & the F&B is both good quality and reasonably priced (for a 5 star hotel...) in the restaurants. Nai Yang is a pretty sleepy place which means that you dont have to stomache some of the sights from Patong, and there are half a dozen nice little restaurants where you can get lunch or dinner (Phens and Octopus were our favourites) & it makes for a very relaxing holiday. Taxi into Patong is 800baht, or there is a shuttle twice a day.

Would most definitely return, absolute bargain at the moment with the low season prices and concessions for refurbs - you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, when its quiet they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Indigo Pearl for two nights with our baby. We booked a Pool Suite and were very happy with the room - huge, gorgeous room with a beautiful bathroom and large sliding glass doors that opened out onto a small garden with a personal plunge pool. Unfortunately the garden itself was not very well maintained. Also, while the rooms had the illusion of privacy with the big glass doors looking out onto a hedge, multiple times gardeners and pool cleaners walked into the garden without notice, once even surprising my husband as he came out of the shower. No problem in a regular room but when there are glass doors leading into the bathroom it is a bit of an issue.

The staff were amazing - incredibly friendly, helpful and polite. Room service was great and the food was quite good also. Breakfast was OK with a hot and cold buffet as well as some dishes made to order, but wasn't as nice as many other five star hotels.

When we arrived the lovely staff offered us a cot for our baby which was brought promptly to our room with an incredibly thoughtful little gift bag of baby products and toys. Unfortunately the cot itself was very battered and missing important screws to hold the sides of the railing together. In the end we decided to just have our baby sleep with us because the cot was so unstable.

We read reviews on trip advisor about the hotel being under construction while we were there and asked about it when we booked but were told that it wouldn't disturb our stay. While we didn't hear any of the construction in our room, it was very frustrating to get around the property, mostly because a very unattractive corrugated metal partition bisected almost the entire property, making it about a fifteen minute walk from our room to the breakfast area. What was even more frustrating was the path that was designated "staff only" that would have shaved 10 minutes off the walk. It seemed like they could have easily made pathways through the construction for guests.

Overall, I would say this is a very nicely designed resort with excellent staff that needs better upkeep and management to live up to its 5 star reputation. While I enjoyed our stay, I would not recommend it to friends or stay there again, especially while they continue construction. I'm sure there are much nicer places to stay in Phuket for a similar price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!