“A hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'esprit de Naiyang

Save Saved
You added L'esprit de Naiyang to your Saves list
L'esprit de Naiyang
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   91/8 Moo 3 Naiyang Beach, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
Richmond upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was an absolutely fantastic place for me to stay on my last night in Thailand. The hotel is beautiful, well looked after with a gym and swimming pool. My booking company messed up the date of my booking but the staff were very sympathetic and allowed me to change to the day I arrived rather than the date they had on the system at no additional charge or fuss. The best thing about my stay though was the 2 minute walk to the most beautiful beach I saw on the whole of my trip which included long beach in Phi Phi. After crossing a small river on a raft which the hotel operate all day, you emerge onto a white sandy beach which goes on for about 1 km and had a total of about 10 people on it. Your own slice of paradise you could say. The water was the cleanest of any of the beaches I visited on the whole of my trip and was clear and full of fish right from the beach onwards. This place would be perfect as a romantic retreat and if I ever go back with a partner to Phuket this would definitely be at the top of my places to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staffs were so Friendly and Helpful. We were so touched by their great Services. Room was very spacious felt very happy. Bathroom is very huge and very nice. Pool is GREAT and well maintained. This place is away from the busy City. Get help from the friendly Receptionist if need to book cab to go shoppings and other activities. Airport is just 10 mins from Hotel. My wife and I will come back here again. Overall we miss really miss the staffs and our beautiful Room!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After reading all the overly positive reviews on TA, I was quite disappointed. I guess you really do get what you paid for. At a nominal 68 USD per night, we used this hotel luckily only as a 1 night stop-over before bigger and better things.

The best thing about this hotel is its' location to the airport. After arriving at 11:30pm, it was only a 10 minute taxi ride. We pulled up to the front entrance which looks like its in the middle of no where, and everything was pitch black. There was no hotel staff to greet us until we yelled out HELLO a couple times. The rooms were probably recently renovated but still appeared worn down. Nothing fancy just all white walls, white floor and a reasonable attempt at making it look modern. But it was clean as everyone has repeatedly stated, so they have that going for them. The hot water did not work properly so the shower was only very hot or very cold in our room.

The service is average. Some of the staff do not speak English and have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. The night manager was kind enough to re-open the kitchen for us and cook us dinner which was very nice of her. One of the staff when showing us to our room found out that the batteries in our flashlight were dead, and instead of changing them he just said "You don't need this right?". The buffet breakfast in the morning is very average as well.

Naiyang beach was quite nice. To get there you had to take the homemade ferry across this 20 foot stream. I don't understand why they don't just build a little bridge. Its tiny, I can almost jump it.

So to sum it up.... Average, average, average, but the pool and the pool villa looks quite nice. Unless you intend to spend your entire trip sitting outside your pool villa, you really don't want to spend more than 1 or 2 nights here.

Room Tip: Looks like you need to get a Pool Villa if you want to even consider having a good time. But for th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights and it was amazing - I even cry leaving that hotel because I know i will miss this beauty- me and my wife stayed in the ocean villa and it was such amazing experience on the pool side - the nature - the swimming pool - the staff and the most amazing thing that I'll never forget the romantic dinner on the beach was such amazing experience that I will do it over and over again if i got the chance to -thanks L'Esprit de Naiyang for bringing me to life - the respectable massage service - the smile of staff - the friendly people around you from the security guard to guy on the river - everyone was helpful - thanks even for the nice songs from the iPad they play during that special dinner - If there is any word more than amazing please let me know it ;) - only 2 things and it will be improved by time - the curtain between the bed room and bathroom it should be one - but why I will sleep late and not to enjoy the nature :) - and the tv channels also need to be improved - at least one music channel - but over all experience is such a wonderful dream don't want to wake up from - thanks again

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here when a friend treated me for a couple of nights last November. The room we had was nice, separate lounge area very handy. The outdoor bathroom was novel but a bit impractical- would have better to have an internal one with aircon. The hotel is lovely and quiet and perfect for chilling out and getting away from it all. There is a somewhat novel "ferry" that takes you to the beach- be warned this stops running pretty early in the evening . Otherwise it is an expensive taxi ride "round the houses" for a very short distance! Naiyang is a lovely quiet resort. The breakfast was a bit bland. Great little beach bars and eateries and I would definitely go back there again. As to going back to L'esprit I'm not sure. If possible get a good deal at the Indigo Pearl.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I must say I was very impressed with the hotel and staff. I do not normally wrote reviews however had such a great experience I just had too :)

Yes the place is quiet and expensive compared to places on the beach to eat and drink but its a hotel which needs to make money and had good quality food on offer.

The staff couldn't do enough and this is what makes the place truly.

The rooms were clean and spotless. It was a great relaxing 4 days and would definitely go again.

Room Tip: There were lovely villas that had an outdoor terrace to jump right into the amazing pool - highly re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the absolute last-minute (amidst boarding the Phuket-bound flight). We required one night of accommodation since we were staying elsewhere for the week and we landed in Phuket around 2 am.

We were given a one-bedroom suite bungalow which was a great surprise and a wonderful value for the money. We didn't have a chance to observe the hotel at night but we had a great stay the following day before checking out. We had a great breakfast that was included in the rate. It was served a la carte and the quality of the food was superb (to such a degree that I wondered whether we needed to pay extra). The service by the staff was impeccable.

This also applies to the pool's swim-up bar. The pool looks wonderful. It was a little small but the ledges from the adjoining bungalows were such a great feature that you can overlook its size.

I think this would be great for families and couples. I don't think it suits solo travellers especially during Phuket's shoulder season which is when we went.

Another great feature is its location. It is in Naiyang beach and a few minutes away from a commercial strip full of bars, restaurants and stores. The beach is busy with watersports but during the time we were there seemed balanced enough for swimmers to enjoy the water. I can only imagine how busy it would get during peak season.

The only criticism I can think of are the ants in the room. Again, we went during shoulder season so I don't think our room was occupied frequently. We had some soup in the room during the night and though everything was put or thrown away, we found ants on the coffee table the following day. I realize it's Asia and didn't think it was a big deal... just a minor nuisance.

I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to L'esprit de Naiyang? Share your experiences!