We just returned from a 4D3N stay at L'Esprit today! We had a wonderful holiday with my wife and 17month old son. It was exactly what we needed for a perfect break... Although it began with a little hiccup when we were not picked up at the airport, we were promptly fetched by the manager's husband "Golf" who was most friendly and helpful. (Good thing the hotel was only 5-10minutes away from the airport, useful also since we could also sleep in a little more for our morning flight on our last day). He helped us arrange for a custom-made itinery the next day, which included a visit to the Gibbon project, the Butterfly farm, the Big Buddha, stopping by to see the Elephants, then off the Sunset Point at the Southernmost part of the island for drinks and ice-cream while enjoying the sunset, and finally heading to Central for some quick shopping-for Lingerie for my wife and dinner, before finally going back to the resort. My son liked the animals, including the monkeys(Gibbon), the butterflies, kois(fish) and bird at the farm, and we all enjoyed feeding the baby elephant after seeing Big Buddha! The whole trip took about 7hrs(1.15pm to 8.30pm. ), and cost us b2200. (entrance fees/food/shopping excluded of course!)
The hotel is about 5-6months old and still upgrading, with spa facilities pending, and has a nice pool facade as you enter the hotel. In the middle of the pool, there is a partition space with pool water up to ankle depth where they put the deck-chairs - great for playing with the kids, but watch out for the occasional step along the pool floor if you are carrying kids! We used the pool twice and had a great time. Also had drinks by the bar at the pool!
We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms on the second floor overlooking the pool. We liked it as it was very quiet, no mosquitoes, and the room was very big(even the toilet), so good for the little boy to run around! Wifi is free which is a plus, and so were DVD rentals, which was great, as they had quite a bit of selection with fairly recent titles and good quality. The room also had a decent balcony with deck chairs. We asked for a king-size bed, but they gave us 2 single beds put together, which was fine and most comfortable. There was also a large sofa which we pushed next to our beds so we wont have to worry that our son might fall off the bed!
Another alternative and popular choice would be the villa which are pool facing, then you can just walk out into the pool. (No diving as its very shallow!)
We also requested for a Thai massage for both my wife and i in our room, which although cost b500 each, was well worth it! (You may get one for b300 at the beach, but quality not assured...) Our masseuse was very skilled, and its also nice to have it in the comforts, exclusivity and convenience of your own large hotel room, especially when you have a young kid to worry about!
The Naiyang beach is at the back of the hotel and can be reached via a make-shift "floating bridge", but will be good to inform the staff when you are going, so that there will always be someone there to pull you across. You shouldn't get wet getting across, unless its muddy after the rains. Beach is less crowded than the ones at Patong, and its about 50metres straight ahead after crossing the canal. They cant build a proper bridge as its actually state land or National Park as they call it. But at least guests no longer have to paddle across now.
If looking for more restaurants for a change, (only one restaurant at L'Esprit which also serves very decent food), they are located a short walk to the right after crossing the canal. We had really yummy grilled seafood at restaurant No.4, next to Octopus by the beach!
The hotel restaurant serves a buffet breakfast for b300 complete with toast, eggs sunny/scambled/omelettes, cereals, fruits, yogurt, ham, bacon, sausage, grilled tomatoes and potatoes, pancakes with coffee and tea. The staff at the hotel restaurant are also attentive and friendly. Another feedback is should get some high-chairs for the kids.:p
All in all, we had a fantastic time at L'esprit De Naiyang as a family. Thank you Golf for making our stay memorable! Would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing quiet stay away from the buzzling noisy city centre. May not be suitable for the party-going crowds.
Will definitely come back to visit next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a new charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 15 garden villas, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family deluxe accommodations. L’esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 40 min to Central of Phuket. L’esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Phuket/Nai Yang