“Another winner for Nai Yang.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach

Save Saved
You added Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach to your Saves list
Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   65 Moo 1 T.Sakoo Road | A.Thalang, Nai Yang Beach, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Another winner for Nai Yang.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Due to a problem with our intital room selection (mini suite) which had not been cleaned, we were upgraded to private villa with plunge pool. Say no more: this was excellent for our last 3 nights in S E Asia: We would have quite happily stayed in the mini suite but free upgrade is quite hard to beat. Breakfast excellent and within 5 mins walk of local restaurants/bars/ shops, 2 mins from beach. We stayed in Nai yang 2 years ago at the Nai Yang beach resort but as fully booked we opted for the Dewa instead. Two years on and this is one of the few areas of Phuket not overrun by package holidays and therefore quite quiet with great beach Also due to its location close to a national park, development will be difficult.
Local points: Taxi from airport is 200-250bht (don't pay more) ATMs x 3 available behind restaurants, also money exchange. Plenty of motorbikes for hire at 250 to 300bht per day, travel agents, but no tattoo shops (At last we found somewhere in Thailand were body art is not for everyone)
I strongly recommend the Dewa to anyone: you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LillianCarpenter, General Manager at Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Richsimp, we too, like Nai Yang Beach for exactly the same reasons as you, and we are very fortunate to be located just on the edge of the National Park, with a quiet beach but just minutes walk away from the village restaurants, bars, etc... Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for the review and warm wishes from Nai Yang, Lillian

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful resort with good service. We were ungraded on arrival to a pool villa which we found fabulous. Nice quiet location if that is what you after. The spa was also very nice. Would recommend this resort to all

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you HolliBolli for giving us top marks. Glad you had a wonderful stay and we wishes you had stayed longer too... maybe next time.
Warmest wishes, Lillian
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We arrived in Phuket with set minds of shifting hotels after every 2 nights. However once we arrived at the Dewa our stay was complete. We didn't feel the need of traveling anymore, the hotel staff and facilities were top notch and really friendly! Our kids had a blast in the variety of salt water pools, whilst me and my wife sipped our freshly squeezed orange juice by the beach. Honestly, ive stayed in a number of places but i must say the Dewa is our best yet. Cant wait to come back and relax once again! :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for writing a review for us. Short, straight to the point and best of all, complimentary; thank you again!
warmest wishes from all of us at Dewa, Lillian
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days the end of January after a family reunion with my family from Australia. (We were originally going to stay at the Indigo Pearl, but am so pleased we changed our minds at the last moment. We were out cycling and ended up in what I thought was a public park. It was the grounds of Indigo Pearl. For me it was vast, soulless, scruffy grounds, industrial, big concrete blocks for the rooms, really unappealing. I made the right choice).

The hotel is very stylish, contemporary and understated, in lovely grounds. It has a feeling of calm about it.

We were initially given a room which we had a few issues with. the room we were given, which was lovely, was by the main road and on the ground floor. As we don't use air con, and therefore leave the window open (but in this case a sliding door) we were frightened about security. Plus we are 2.women. We relayed our concerns and we were referred to I assume the manager. She handled the situation very well and professionally. She assured us she could move us the next day to a different room. She did exactly what she promised and we moved into a pool villa in its own grounds which was very secure. We could have all of the doors open now, and the mossies had a field day!

Our pool villa was beautiful. I loved the understated style of it. All of the furnishings, decor were so stylish. I just loved the outdoor bathroom. There's just something so natural about showering outside in that climate. The pool was an obvious bonus and a lovely to dip your toes in when having a glass of wine! The landscaping round the pool and villa was beautiful too and well tended too. I have stayed in quite a few similar types of pool villas in similar hotels in Thailand but this was my favourite.

The hotel has a good location. It's not smack bang in the middle of nai yang, which I don't think I would've wanted to have. It's just a couple of minutes walk to all of the restaurants. There were lots of restaurants to choose from. Our favourite was Baan ra tree. We also had some nice lunches at the restaurant next door to the hotel. They were very sweet with us. The bar next to that was really friendly too.

I liked nai yang, it had a certain charm in many ways, but I felt it needed a really clean up. Parts of it were too scruffy I felt. I'm surprised the locals don't take more pride in their environment. Other guests, who like myself have travelled to other parts of Thailand, felt this let nai yang down. The hotel is on the edge of a beautiful national park, which we cycled through daily on the hotel bikes, and we were horrified by the amount of rubbish dumped. Such a shame for such a beautiful area.

The beach is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. The sea is really clear. I think dewa has the best position. I loved watching the planes coming into the airport. There really was no issue with noise from them. It was a bonus for me being a plane nerd! My only small gripe would be the amount of stray dogs on the beach. I'm a dog lover, but it appears to be getting a little of hand. In general they were fine, but one little kid from the hotel ran towards them and they all charged and barked at her. She understandably was very upset. Although I like the fact that nai yang is very natural, and not gentrified in any way, I'm not sure having a pack of stray dogs next to tourists is ok? Normally they were shooed off the beach by about 11am though.

The breakfast at the hotel was good. Although it didn't have the biggest spread I've seen compared to other hotels I've stayed at, the quality of the choice was good. Plus you could also place orders off an Asian or European menu which was a nice bonus. Plus, if you're a fan of cereals, I've never seen such a big variety! They could win the Guiness Book of Records for their cereal choice!

So overall, I would recommend the Dewa. . It's a lovely hotel, perfect for relaxing, with friendly staff and good management, opposite a beautiful beach. I am planning another family reunion again in Phuket for next January, so I may suggest the Dewa!

Room Tip: Pool villas are beautiful. I loved 102.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting a thorough review for us. We are glad to be of service to you, and appreciate all your kind compliments and feedback. Should you decide to have your next family reunion in Phuket again, we hope you will not hesitate to contact us directly for group discounts, and allow us the opportunity to organize a memorable reunion party for you. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and warm wishes from Nai Yang, Lillian
Helsinki Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent there a week in January, mother&daughter (19y) - and truly loved every moment! Overall a fantastic stay, would definitely recommend to anybody. After a long flight it was nice to be there in couple of minutes -we had booked the car via hotel, worked well. The hotel is pretty new, very nice property and the rooms are really very big&beautiful, nicely decorated. We had a room on the 4th floor with a great balcony - all the rooms are spacy, airy, full of light, nice colours and cosy. Great beds, good air-con, and all the suites (=rooms) have small kitchen-areas which we did not use that much, but good for a family. Very good 4star quality, value for price and we loved it! Also, we preferred the suites instead of pool villas, which we found to be a bit too isolated for us; but they are very very beautifull, though.

Extremely nice service overall, and the restaurant is really beautifull - very good food with decent prices (taking into account that it is a hotel and the restaurant area is superb) and different buffets nearly every night... we usually took menu instead of buffet, but both of high quality and delicious. Breakfast is very good, enough to choose from. Service sometimes a bit slowish, but hey, we are on holiday!

Pools beautiful, 2 to choose from and very well kept. We preferred the one next to the restaurant and closer to beach. The beach (maybe 20m from the pool&restaurant) is one of the prettiest we have ever seen, probably the best in all the Phuket area. The hotel has a limited amount of sunbeds there, very nice. The beach was really great, nice to swim and we took long walks there; walk to see where the airplanes land, that was great! On the beach there are also some sunbeds to rent and several restaurants - the one closest to the hotel on the beach is also probably the best.

The hotel (and whole Nai-Yang beach area) is close to the airport - and so you might expect some noise around - but we hardly noticed the planes coming or going; maybe twice a day we could hear something, so definitely not disturbing even if our room was one of the closest to the airport. So nothing to worry about that. Quite close to the hotel is the area where the local market takes place 3 times a week - well worth visiting, only a couple of minutes` walk there.

Everything about this hotel is ok, we just loved the place, and definitely recommend it!
One thing to take into account - we met several couples/families (from Sweden, Holland, Cyprus, England, Finland) there that have stayed there already 2-4 times, and that clearly shows that it is really a nice hotel. Definitely 4-star and very welcoming. Good work, Dewa!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better views. But all rooms are very nice. All the rooms are really very bi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are very pleased to read that you have had a wonderful holiday and spent quality time with your daughter. We hope your reviews will provide all Tripadvisor users with a better insight on this area of Nai Yang Beach. Look forward to welcoming you back during your next winter season. Sunny wishes from Phuket, Lillian
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a family 2BR suite in The Residence in Feb 2013 for 3 nights at Dewa and had a very enjoyable stay at this property. Some pros and cons below, but overall I would definitely stay here again, especially considering its convenient location to the airport.

Pros:
- Warm Staff: while English was a bit lacking with a few staff members (it is Thailand after all), each member of the staff made an effort to help and make our stay enjoyable. Our questions were answered, they were good on email prior to arrival, and they were attentive at breakfast.

- Beautiful Accommodations: Our room was perfect. It had plenty of space (we joked that it gave me and my in-laws the space we needed away from each other), air con worked great, TV was nice with plenty of channels, had a great view overlooking the pool, featured comfortable beds, and the bathrooms were fashionable and also functional.

- Cool Location: There are plenty of crazy party places in and around Phuket, but we were looking for something more laid-back. Dewa had direct access to the beach (just across the road) and the beach had a wide variety of shops and restaurants that felt authentically Thai. We liked this area because the hotel, while offering comfort and amenities, is in an area that has not been overally commercialized. As a side note, we highly recommend Baan Ra for great Thai food on the beach!

- Breakfast: I travel regularly on business and stay at a number of nice hotels throughout Asia. There are few, if any, that compare to the wonderful spread of food available at Dewa's breakfast. What I loved the most were the various containers of dried fruit that could be used to make a parfait just the way you want! The eggs were good, bacon was crisp, and overall service was quick and kind.

- Internet was amazingly fast! Each room had its own router!

Cons: (not too many at Dewa)
- No real night life in this area

- The Residence rooms have a little bit longer walk to the beach

- Shower water pressure was good, but temp was not always consistent

- Bike Rental area was not always staffed

Overall, this property is great and we will definitely visit here again soon!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for giving us an overall positive response following your family vacation early this month. We are glad to read that we have met your expectations and your stay had been great and especially happy to read that you will return. Hope to welcome all of you back in the not too distance future, as Singapore is just an hour's flight away and great for a long weekend getaway.
Warmest wishes, Lillian
Sliema, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We rented a pool side villa for our stay at the dewa. It was clean and private. In order to achieve privacy, they have really high walls around the room that then don't allow for sun to hit the pool so that took away from the effect of having our own pool. The location was good. It is very close to the beach where they have a very limited amount of sun beds for dewa guests. Just a small walk from the hotel, there is a small town with great restaurants to go to. The restaurant service in the hotel was a bit poor. It was really slow and every time I ordered from the warm breakfast menu, my food came to me cold. The beaches around are beautiful, bur somehow the hotel is what let this down. On a parting note, I really did not appreciate my honesty being questioned upon checkout by them sending a made to check the mini bar.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LillianCarpenter, Manager at Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review for us.
All our villas are facing different directions and therefore, there will be some villas that will get more sunshine and some less and at different times of the day. With our proximity to the national park and the fact that all the beaches in Thailand are public beaches, and to avoid taking away income from the locals who rent out the beach sun-loungers, we are faced with a restriction on the number of sun-loungers we are allowed to setup on the beach. We are sorry that your hot breakfast was served cold and that overall, you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. We will continue to do our best to meet the expectations of our guests and as and when they bring up any issues of discontent to us during their stay, we will attempt to resolve the issues faced and we are sorry that we were not able to provide any form of service recovery in your case. Nonetheless, I hope you have had a wonderful time in Thailand.
Warmest regards, Lillian

Been to Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach? Share your experiences!