“Top class resort and value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach

You added Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach to your Saves list
Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   65 Moo 1 T.Sakoo Road | A.Thalang, Nai Yang Beach, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE Nights Stay @ Dewa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nai Yang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Top class resort and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We only stayed here for 2 nights but would thoroughly recommend the Dewa to anyone looking for a peaceful retreat in Phuket.

As mentioned before the resort is just 5 mins drive from the airport but you really don't notice the planes at all. It is so convenient and the time/money saved means you can be by the pool enjoying a cocktail within 15mins of landing at the airport :-)

It is just 20metres from a group of simple beach restaurants (where we had amazing Tom Yum Soup+Grilled Fish+Grilled Chicken for a few dollars), 50metres from Nai Yang beach (clean but narrow), and a short 10 min walk to the Nai Yang main strip where you can find restaurants (octopus probably the best), bars, massage, etc

The resort itself is a combination of 1 bedroom pool villas and what looks like time-share apartments (1 & 2 bedrooms). We stayed in a pool villa which was fantastic. It was clean & spacious, had a lovely outdoor bathroom (rain-shower plus bathtub) and a good size plunge-pool....all contained within a lovely walled garden. It also had a big TV with cable for those inclined and free wi-fi. If I was being picky I would say that the lighting in the room was a little dim and the air-con unit was a little bit noisy...but really I'm clutching at straws for something to fault them on.

The resort had a great swimming pool with plenty of sunbeds, a lovely restaurant which served a decent breakfast (included in the room rate) and had happy-hour every evening (all drinks 1-4-1). In addition check-out the Bread & Butter bakery/cafe for air-con + coffee + cake !

The staff were extremely friendly & helpful, and although some struggled with their English this was more than overcome by their attitude.

The Dewa is a high quality resort and you would do well to find better value-for-money in Nai Yang.

For those who have stayed at the Indigo Pearl (a short walk away) it is not as flash or designer but in my opinion it is much better value for money (esp if you get a pool villa)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We have been very happy to stay at DEWA. It was recommended by a good old friend of mine who lives in Phuket and he was absolutely right.
The pick up at the airport was easy (7 minutes drive). The reception, registration, welcome drinks and cold towels were just perfect. We were lucky to get an upgrade to a Pool Villa. You have total privacy there and basically you don't need to leave your villa. It has everything you need. Around 23h00, as I realized that the Wifi is not wrorking, they sent a technician who brought a network cable and it worked perfectly then.
Everyday you get a written message with the various activities of the current and next day.
The short distance to the airport does not mean much noise or pollution, only convenience. The beach is clean and just across the road where you can order local food from many open air kitchens. It is very good and not expensive at all.
DEWA ist just 10 minutes walking distance away from nice beach restaurants, little bars and massage places. You can even hire bikes at DEWA for free what I did almost everyday to make little shoppings or just to discover the neighbourhood... There is a local market every second day, also just 10 minutes walking distance...
The breakfast is great. Excellent selection of Asian and Western food. DEWA offers happy hours twice a day and regular BBQ nights with live music.
Our son is just 16 months and he loved the cozy kidzone. During our stay ,the hotel was fully booked, but we never felt to be at a crowded place. The guests were international and I saw some airlines crew to stay at DEWA as well.
Unfotunately we stayed there only 6 nights, but if you should have more time, stay longer. Ms. Lilian, the resort manager, was very kind and heplful. We would have been even able to make fire on the beach for our special event (Chaharshanbe Souri), but we didn't do it there and took a ride to Patong...
All in all it was a wonderful experience and we would definitely go back to DEWA, once we are in Phuket again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Barry SWales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

My wife and I have had many holidays these past three years in Asia. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed and next to the best beach we have seen.
Unfortunately we were not able to stay here for long this time, however, we will be back here in July for a longer stay in paradise!!!
Beautiful!!!!

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed here after having spent 8 nights in Patong Beach. The wife and I chose to stay in a Pool Villa for 2 nights. The rooms are great, they aren't as big as I imagined they would but it is pretty secluded. They must lack a little maintenance as our main fan wasn't working and two separate light globes were out. This didn't really bother us though and I didn't bring it to the attention of the staff. The pool is about a metre or so deep, the outdoor shower is awesome and provided plenty of hot water. The toilet is enclosed and the airconditioner worked well, although at times it had a few rattles. There is also free wifi which worked well to an extent. Was really fast however they must have some sort of filter when bigger files were to be downloaded cause it just slowed right down...

The staff, what a friendly great bunch of people. We ate at the restaurant, we drank at the Bamboo Bar (opposite beach) and just everyone there were genuine towards you. We had been use to the staff of Holiday Inn and to them it was just a job, so we were mighty impressed at Dewa. To give you an idea, my wife felt tired so she left me at the Bamboo Bar, I ended up playing drinking games with the bar tender, Jenga and we laughed about all sorts of things until others arrived. Other staff would walk past and sit down for a quick talk....

The location is good, it is close to the airport however there is verry little air traffic. The beach across the way is clean and calm. I cannot speak for the restaurants and little markets on the beach however I was told they were good. There is also markets "behind" the Dewa, sort of up the road a little which looked good.

In the two nights we stayed it cost us $955 AUD. That included two dinners, accom with breakfast, minor exepenses of mini bar (which is 50% discount), my bar tab plus the wife had a massage etc. She said they were lovely and did a fantastic job. The food is absolutley fantastic.

All in all, it is a little expensive however if you have the money it is well worth it. I wish I had skipped Patong this trip and just stayed here.

Try Dewa, you will love it....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed over 3 nights with family and freinds. Will certainly go back again when I revisit Phuket. The room is clean and equipped with an attached Kitchen. The Hotel has 2 pools and you will not feel overly crowded even with its full occupancy.
A very cozy and private hotel, the attitude of the staffs are very welcoming although they do not speak very fluent English.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

My stay was really good. I enjoyed the lovely food - the staff were very attentive to our orders and tried their best. Even when they didn't understand our English, they tried very hard. This was greatly appreciated.
I liked the massage (forgot the girl's name) - she was very good and I enjoyed chatting with her. The environment for massage was really good - made me feel very relaxed.
I strongly recommend Dewa Phuket if you like a quiet getaway.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel on Hotels.com at a rate which included airport transportation and breakfast. Upon our arrival a driver was waiting for us, check in at the hotel was very easy and quick and they upgraded us to a pool room which was really nice clean and private. We didn't do much as we were very tired from the long flight but the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is about a 5 to 10 min drive from the airport and a 2 min walk to the beach. The beach is full of restaurants and bars. It took us about 15 mins to walk to the end of the strip from the hotel. Breakfast the next morning was good and tasty and there is a variety of choices. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We didn't use the pool or the spa so I can't comment on it, but overall a very enjoyable experience. If I had to stay near the airport again I wouldn't even think twice. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach? Share your experiences!