We only stayed here for 2 nights but would thoroughly recommend the Dewa to anyone looking for a peaceful retreat in Phuket.
As mentioned before the resort is just 5 mins drive from the airport but you really don't notice the planes at all. It is so convenient and the time/money saved means you can be by the pool enjoying a cocktail within 15mins of landing at the airport :-)
It is just 20metres from a group of simple beach restaurants (where we had amazing Tom Yum Soup+Grilled Fish+Grilled Chicken for a few dollars), 50metres from Nai Yang beach (clean but narrow), and a short 10 min walk to the Nai Yang main strip where you can find restaurants (octopus probably the best), bars, massage, etc
The resort itself is a combination of 1 bedroom pool villas and what looks like time-share apartments (1 & 2 bedrooms). We stayed in a pool villa which was fantastic. It was clean & spacious, had a lovely outdoor bathroom (rain-shower plus bathtub) and a good size plunge-pool....all contained within a lovely walled garden. It also had a big TV with cable for those inclined and free wi-fi. If I was being picky I would say that the lighting in the room was a little dim and the air-con unit was a little bit noisy...but really I'm clutching at straws for something to fault them on.
The resort had a great swimming pool with plenty of sunbeds, a lovely restaurant which served a decent breakfast (included in the room rate) and had happy-hour every evening (all drinks 1-4-1). In addition check-out the Bread & Butter bakery/cafe for air-con + coffee + cake !
The staff were extremely friendly & helpful, and although some struggled with their English this was more than overcome by their attitude.
The Dewa is a high quality resort and you would do well to find better value-for-money in Nai Yang.
For those who have stayed at the Indigo Pearl (a short walk away) it is not as flash or designer but in my opinion it is much better value for money (esp if you get a pool villa)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Integrating both resort and residential living, Dewa Phuket with its 34 pool villas and 62 one and two bedroom residences,offers the perfect retreat for the discerning traveler seeking a tranquil, tropical beach holiday amidst true Thai hospitality. Complimentary hi-speed internet & wifi, 24 hours room service, kids room, fitness room, Spa, jacuzzi, laundry service, bakery, library, close proximity to Blue Canyon Golf Course, airport and marinas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Phuket Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach