“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alcala De Henares, Spain
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good location because is far from Ashford. So you need a car for everything.
Wifi free even in rooms but poor quality depending on the room you get.
The pub in front of it is a good choice for dinners.
The quality-price ratio is quite interesting.

• Stayed May 2013
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt we were far from Ashford. We are in fact only three miles from the main Ashford roundabout and less than 10 minutes away. In fact you can often get to us quicker alont the country road than you can into Ashford with all it's traffic lights and volume of traffic. We actually have our wifi provider working in the hotel this week to hopefully speed up the system.

I am glad that you found our Hop Pickers pub a good choice for dinner and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ludington, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had to opportunity to travel with my husband for work to England. We stayed at this hotel and had mixed feelings. We were in a nice room with a desk, bed and couch which was nice because while he was working I was staying in the room alone. But our location was very loud since it was near the road. we would have closed the window but it was extremely hot in the room. After the first night the AC unit stopped working and the staff only offered to give us a fan instead of looking at the unit or switching our rooms. It was miserable for the next 4 nights of sleep. The TV was horribly slow and only 10 channels.Other than that the stay was sufficient. The Hop Pickers restaurant in front of the Hotel was great though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you were in a nice room with what you required. I am however sorry that the AC unit failed and that we were unable to move you to an alternative room during your stay. We actually have an engineer on site this week and hope to have the unit back up and running very soon. It is good to hear that you thought our Hop Pickers pub in front of the hotel was great and I hope that despite the AC problem we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn very often but this one is better than average, and the one thing that sets it apart is George....haven't been to this one for nearly a year but George remembered me, for him , nothing is too much trouble and so courteous and genuine with it...I've told him he should be made a role model,for all hotel personnel ! Yes he is that good !

Nice rooms, restaurant is above average and the menu is much better than the normal run of the mill, and my meal was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask....! They will always accommodate to your wishes !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Many thanks for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ashford North, I am pleased to read that you often stay at Holiday Inns. I have spoken to George about your very generous praise of him and he wishes me to express his sincere thanks for your comments. George is working very hard in his reception position and takes customer satisfaction very seriously indeed. He is a member of staff that we are extremely proud to have work for us and he is a great ambassador for our business. On top of this I am also happy to read that you found our rooms to be nice and our menu much better than the normal run of the mill menu and that your meal was excellent.

I look forward to you visiting the hotel again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Being a frequent traveller from Uk to France I quite often chose a stop over near the "Chunnel" to break up the journey. Admittedly I usually use the other Holiday Inn (Central) but as I was feeling a bit adventurous I decided to try this location. To be honest it would be splitting hairs to try to separate them, ok the drive is a little longer (nothing given the overall travelling distance I cover) but that apart the difference is minimal. Prices for the two do differ slightly so I feel this one offers slightly better value. As per usual a full range of rooms and offers available on the website and the staff were very welcoming, again as usual. There was no soya milk available at breakfast, always got it at Ashford Central, but the reception called through to the kitchen who confirmed we will have some when I make my return later this week. So, service levels here are up to scratch for sure.

Room Tip: Avoid room 117/116 on floor 1 as they are closer to the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ashford North. I am pleased to see that you decided to try us for a change and that you were equally impressed with the standard of the brand as your normal hotel and that you felt we were of a slightly better value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back here on your return journey later this week.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked 2 rooms directly on the holiday Inn website and got a great rate called "week end breakfast"

Check in was quick and efficient, the receptionist was welcoming and friendly, taking time to explain everything that we would need during our stay.
The room were clean and well equipped with free Wi Fi. The family room 201 was enormous and excellent value.
Breakfast was included in the rate and was to the normal standard for holiday Inn which I believe to be one of the best compared to other similar hotels.
Bar and other staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Free parking and quite location close to m20 and Ashford was a bonus

• Stayed May 2013
Many thanks for your kind response. I was pleased to read that check-in was quick and efficient with my receptionist explaining everything to you. I am happy that you found your room to be clean and well equipped and the room to be of a good size and value. I have passed on your comments to the team that you found our staff friendly and helpful and I hope that I may soon be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Ashford North.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is really nearer to Charing than to Ashford - that's to say 'stuck out in the countryside'. A good warm welcome at Reception otherwise a rather soulest feel about the place. If you opt for the twin double beded room - expect quite a trek to get to it - they are at the furthest end of the hotel. The room and bathroom were well appointed - very quiet. Carpet could do with a good clean.Tea/coffee making facilities - as usual - pretty awful - so bring your own. There's a bar and breakfast room. Breakfast options - Continental for about £6 consisiting of the usual plus cold meats - fresh fruit cocktail. Full English Breakfast at £13 is rediculously over-priced - low quality saugages, overcooked bacon, stoggy scrambled egg and tinned mushrooms. No one touched this option in the half hour that I was there by which time everything looked even worse than when I first arrived! If you are being charged £60 a night for the room - surely they could offer a quality cooked breakfast at say £10 per person.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to reception if you have any problems with walking quite a distance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the hotel. I am sorry that you felt we were "stuck out in the countryside" Most guests at the hotel appreciate the countryside location for what it is in the understanding that if you require the town of Ashford it can be driven to in under 10 minutes. I am disappointed to read that you found both the tea/coffee making facilities in the room along with breakfast pretty awful. Breakfast is an area in which we are extremely proud resulting in numerous positive comments and a large number of returning leisure and corporate guests who love our breakfasts. Just to also advise you we have never used tinned mushrooms, only fresh. I must apologise that the twin double room you reserved in your opinion was such a long way from reception. If distance is an issue, might I suggest were you to return again then were you to book either a standard twin or double then we could allocate you a room closer to either the lift or reception.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Smooth arrival, free parking is always a plus.
Check in was smooth and the staff of checkin were very polite and warm.

The room was a very good size, comfortable, welcoming and well furnished. The bathroom was large and clean. There were also extra amenities which were welcomed. Shower pressure was very good.

The TV was not easy to use as it had a series of menus to navigate before you could watch. The picture quality was awful and there was a poor selection of channels.

The restaurant was mediocre. The service was very slow, but the food was good and there were a reasonable number of choices. The menu was not a standard HI menu and was quite confusing in it's layout and format.

Upon checkout, the lady on front desk was incredibly helpful and polite, picking up on a conversation I was having with a colleague, she offered to have the reservations manager call me to see if a corporate rate could be arranged!

Would I stay here again - yes

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I was pleased to read that check-in was smooth and staff were polite and warm. I was also pleased to read that you found the room to be of good size, comfortable, welcoming and well furnished. I have passed on your comments to my TV providing company and also to my Restaurant staff regarding the service in the restaurant. The chef was pleased to hear that you found his food good. It was also pleasing to hear that my receptionist was helpfull and polite and offered to get someone to discuss a corporate rate with you. Glad to read that you would stay here again and hopefully I will be able to meet you when you do.

Been to Holiday Inn Ashford North A20? Share your experiences!