My husband and I stayed here last weekend with friends. The location is fabulous. The hotel is set in huge grounds which have been made over into 2 golf courses. All the accommodation is in converted outbuildings. Our room was small and the window was frosted so we had no view at all (if it was not frosted we would have looked straight at a brick wall. The Park is obviously aiming to be a 4-5 star venue but the finishing touches just were not there. Although the room was modern and comfortable, there were lots of hairs on the bathroom floor and the cleaning in the main house and restaurant also left a lot to be desired (thick dust on the stairs and mirrors streaky). The Restaurant is pricey and portions are very small. The service was very slow also and we decided to avoid it and eat at a local pub on our 2nd night. We rang reception on 2 occasions and no-one answered so we had to walk over to try and find someone. It all seemed a bit amateurish though could be so spectacular with the right management. There is a small lounge but no large area such as a conservatory to sit and relax in if the weather is bad. There are no newspapers around to read, no food is served during the day and it took us ages to get a drink from the bar as it is not manned during the day. There is absolutely nothing for the ladies to do when the men are out playing golf. However, they are obviously planning improvements but construction has been put on hold for the time being. Like the previous commentator we did not pay the full price of £129 per night but booked through a discount website and paid £79, which was fine, and I would recommend to a friend if they got a discounted deal. I would not have been happy to have paid the full price.
- Also Known As:
- Tracy Park Hotel And Country Club
- Park Hotel Bath
- Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel Wick, UK - England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Georgian mansion surrounded by two championship golf courses. Beautifully restored, classically styled and hugely inviting. The bedrooms, are set within the charming converted stables are decorated in a chic, contemporary style along with free Wifi and flat screen TVs, some even have ipod docks. The award winning Oakwood Restaurant is in a wonderful stone-vaulted Masonic lodge. Make the most of the golf courses or take the 4-mile trip into Bath - a beautiful World Heritage city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.