“OMG!!! What an experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lookout Point Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gowganda
Lookout Point Camp
You added Lookout Point Camp to your Saves list
1 Auld Reekie Road, P.O. Box 61, Gowganda, Ontario, Canada   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“OMG!!! What an experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been visiting the Lookout Point Camp for a few years now, I will continue to return!!! This is an unbelievable place from the lodging to the fishing to the quiet time. The cabins are immaculately clean, very well taken care of and very accommodating. There is enough room to play with the kids leading to a very close dock. The fishing is the best I have ever seen hitting large small-mouth bass, huge pike and rogue walleye.. Need I say more?

Thank you Vicki and Larry for wonderful memories!!

Curtis and Malcolm

Room Tip: Know how many people are going, the cabins are large and spacious
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks so much for the enthusiastic review Malcolm!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bobcaygeon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our second year doing a family trip to Lookout Point Lodge. In 2011, we did a gang of fathers and sons. Last year, we went with two families - wives, kids, and had just a riot. The kids were never bored, and it was so great to see them filling their minds with play and outdoor adventure rather than their Nintendos. We fished. We barbequed. We swam. We played board games. We hiked. We waterskied. We ate marshmallows. We finished the day under the stars. And, staying in Pickerel Palace, there was plenty of room for all. The beach and volley ball nets were proverbial hits, as was catching crayfish and frogs. What more can one say. Glee. Wholesome fun. Peace and joy!

Room Tip: Great boat docking and boat launching facilities. 120V power at the docks for recharging trolling mo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
What a lovely review Steve - thanks. Say hi to Nadine and the kids for us!
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

As my title states Lookout Point Camp is absolutely a little "Heaven on Earth"!!! I have stayed there several times while moose hunting, have stayed in every cabin on site, and have never had fault with anything. Cabins that are second to none, very clean, well equiped and comfortable (especially after a long day in the bush). Vicki and Larry are two of the most accomodating and generous hosts I have had the pleasure of knowing, and I feel privelaged to call them "friends" because that is what is made from a trip to they're place......memories and friends! I have recomended them many times and will continue to do so for many years to come. I took my father up one fall to fish while we hunted, he only ever met them the one time, many years ago but up until his passing he often remenisced about the great time he had and the hospitality at Lookout Point Camp. From an outdoorsman with hunting, fishing and trapping as my passion, I can honestly say it is PARADISE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! And we were sorry to hear about your dad Ken, but we had the greatest pleasure in meeting him.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been to Lookout Point Camp many times and have always had a wonderful stay. Vicki and Larry are fantastic hosts. We had the meal plan prepared by Vicki and the food was AMAZING. The cabins are all very clean and cozy. I'm not sure if I had a better time fishing which is what I was there for, or playing euchre with the hosts! Either way I highly recommend this little gem

• Stayed August 2012
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After two visits to Lookout Point Camp I can't wait for the next one. You feel welcome as soon as you hit the site. Vicky and Larry treated us like family as soon as we arrived.
The beach at the foot of the property is pristeen. That alone is hard to leave but when you do, the fishing is second to none. And Vicki and Larry always make sure you have everything you need for the best experience you could imagine.
After the day spent on the lake, the cottages are like coming home. Clean, cosy and comfortable. You can clean your catch of the day in the on-site facility and cook it up right in your own private well equipped cottage.
The first time there, we took advantage of the guiding that is offered. These guys know their stuff. You won't get shut out following their expertise.
If you're looking for a great getaway for fishing, hunting or just escaping with family or friends, I highly recommend Lookout Point Camp.

Randy D.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orleans, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tranquil, fresh air, many outdoor activities, beautiful scenery, bonfires, lots of fishing, spacious cabins with everything you need and so much more.
We had the most relaxing time at Lookout Point Camp and fun on the house boat too. And our hosts were definitely great company. We hope to return many times in the future if they will have us. Definitely a vacation to remember.

Room Tip: small to large cabins to accommodate any size group....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I wanted to get away from the city and enjoy some of the absolute best that Ontario has to offer, I made the trip to Lookout Point Camp in Gowganda, Ontario. The camp is located on the shores of Gowganda Lake - an absolutely beautiful spot to enjoy nature at it's best in any season.

The very genial owners, Vicki & Larry Rendall welcome you to their thoroughly modern, yet rustic camp & all that it has to offer - and that's a lot. When I have stayed there I have fished the gorgeous lake, explored to waterways, enjoyed the waterfalls, seen fabulous night skys and taken in all that this gem of a camp has to offer.

The cabins are lovely & well equipted, with full facilities and spotlessly cleaned & maintained. If I wanted anything at all, all I had to do was ask & Vicki & Larry seemed to be able to provide just about anything I could have wished for.

When I leave Lookout Point Camp, I know that I have recieved my money's worth. I go home wishing I could stay, more relaxed than when I arrived and confident that the next visit to Lookout Point will be even better than my last.

R. Lewin
Oxford Station, Ontario

Room Tip: All the cabins are equal except for number of people they sleep. They face the lake & are apart...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lookout Point Camp? Share your experiences!