“Never, ever again” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Never, ever again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Went on a Monday night, only one other family there. Ordered the special for myself and two year old daughter which was sausage and mash. Hers was nice and warm, as were my sausages but mash was COLD. Spoke to waitress who went away and came back five minutes later with piping hot mash. My sausages were now cold.

Worse of all, my daughter has symptoms of food poisoning following her meal. As have I but not as bad (we both ate sausage from the restaurant, my partner didn't as has been fine!)

My family will never visit again. Alarm bells should've been ringing when we saw how empty it was and how busy everywhere else was.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Food is amazing, usually the quietest restaurant in bluewater but shouldn't be!!! Seriously the best fish and chips I have eaten

Visited February 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having eaten here on numerous occasions and also having my 50th Birthday party here as well, thought it was about time to write a review...
This review is based on the Lunchtime menu which has two courses for £9.95 or 3 courses for £11.95.
This time I had the Calamari for my starter and my wife had the Quesadillas, The Calamari was not over chewy and it was a good portion served with Mayonaisse, You get three Quesadillas which is about the right amount and very tasty too. For the main we both had the smoked haddock & bacon fishcakes(Which were excellent and a good size) served with poached egg, wilted spinach and chive butter sauce.
I ordered a side order of the Hand Cut chips which we really didn't need but they are so tasty we had them anyway. You can opt for the 3 course menu but due to generous servings we can only manage 2. On other occasions we have opted for main and dessert.
The only slight negative is they have stopped the 2 for 1 cocktails until after 5 o'clock which isn't the end of the world but was a nice treat...

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A Sunny Island
“nice food, however be aware they stick a 12.5% charge for service on the bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ate here on Friday 8th February (meal for 2 adults). Service was friendly and welcoming. Food one burger (was asked how he would like it cooked, came with gerkin, tomato, etc in the burger), chips,, although they were more like potoatoes wedges (personallyI thought they could have been brownier as were quite pale in colour but they were cooked). I had the shrimp linguine with courgettes, disappointed though wit the lack of courgettes in the dish, there was literally a fill pieces (thin sliced and cut in half), and 2 halves of tomato (as requested did come without chilli's allergy), the green salad is just a bowl of salad leaves, green cucumber would have been nice. Came with a bowl of house dressing as i had asked for the dressing to be served seperately. I asked for black pepper and was told by the waiter that if you can't eat chillies then you must be allergic to black pepper, he obviously doesn't know the difference! black pepper is a seasoning not a chilli pepper! Although the service was good, we were surprised to find that there is a 12.5% charge added to the bill. Drinks one coke and a small mineral water (no starters or deserts) was £38.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Really disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited Balans before attending the wedding fair at Bluewater, as we had a 25% off voucher. The atmosphere and layout etc. Is fine. The service was fine. The food and drink was not fine! I ordered 2 starters to have as a main course; Greek plate and calamari. The Greek plate was very average, supermarket-type dips and not very exciting presentation. However, the calamari was practically inedible. The batter was very pale, crumbly and tasteless. And to top it off I ordered a mojito (one of my favourite drinks) which was too strong, bitter and seemed to have no sugar in as a mojito should. I didn't drink it and I didn't eat most of my food! I should say I'm by no means a fussy eater and I was always brought up to clear my plate! So this made me very disappointed and uncomfortable. Fortunately the waitress removed the cocktail from the bill without me complaining, however we were still charged 12.5% service charge which I was too embarrassed and defeated to argue. Left very angry and disappointed...should have gone to TGI's...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere