“Familiar ... but never the same!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nando's - Bluewater (Wintergarden)

Nando's - Bluewater (Wintergarden)
Lower Level, East Village, Bluewater | Bluewater, Greenhithe DA9 9SF, England
01322 386 658
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 48 Restaurants in Greenhithe
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Familiar ... but never the same!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The old phrase goes something like this, 'familiarity breeds contempt.' As so it is with many of the things we do and places we go ... but NOT Nando's in Bluewater Wintergarden.

This bijou restaurant has all the atmosphere, jazz and enjoyment of it's larger sister restaurant in Bluewater, but much more friendly staff and it's a fun place to eat.

As frequent visitors to Bluewater when we are over in Dartford visiting with our family, Nando's is always on the itinerary, and sometime more than once! It is my son's (age 25) and my grandson's (age 11 months) favourite place to eat!

As I write this review I'm looking at 3 itemised receipts that tell me that over 3 visits between October 2012 and February 2013 we have consumed a lot of chicken, sides and soft drinks ... and always enjoyed it! And at around £50 per visit, it was excellent value for money and we were fully satisfied ... and full! ;). Every time we go, it's always different ... where we sit, who's doing front of house (they are always so, so good!) and our enjoyment. The only thing that remains constant is the superb quality of the food!

We have never had a bad service experience in this particular Nando's, nor had a poor meal ... ever! For family dinning, whether for two or five or seven ... it's the place to eat.

In fact we'll be taking both our son and grandson here for their respective birthdays when we are next over at the beginning of April!

Can't wait!

• Visited February 2013

“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Yeah you have to go up and order your food but i guess the perk is you dont have to wait for a waitress to serve you. Great food for a good price :)

Farnham
“It is what it is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Food was consistent and hot which is not the case at all Nandos.
They were busy,said food would come in 20 minutes but it came quicker.
Friendly staff,restaurant very clean

London, United Kingdom
“Same old Nandos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It is what it is really, they could do with updating their menu and maybe the decor as they are both getting tired. This particular one was not very clean and had quite a few flies on The walls.There is always a wait which was only around 10 minutes and the staff were okay but there was only 1 person on the till so waited nearly 10 minutes before I could place my order.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not worth the money and poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'd never been to a Nando's before and after my experience here I'll probably think twice about going again. I believed that it would be a service restaurant and was slightly shocked when I was told I had to go to the counter to order. It did seem to make me question why there were so many staff in the premises, some of whom found time to sit and chat with customers and 'coo' over their baby which seemed unprofessional. The food I ordered was expensive and for the price I paid I was expecting a larger portion. The wrap was small and was supposed to be mushroom and cheese, most of what filled the wrap was lettuce which I knew would be included but sort of detracted from the other fillings. The fillings did have a flavour but it was strongly of the seasoning that Nando's uses rather than their own flavours. I guess this is the idea though. My friend also commented that their garlic bread tasted more of a spice mix than garlic. The drinks were ok but also again I thought the prices were expensive. I only went into Nando's because I had never been there before and there were limited places to eat, I left feeling disappointed with the food and feeling as if I had spent a lot and not got much in return.

• Visited September 2012