The hotel is very nice, surrounded by a bunch of vegetation (which I don't like but many people do), reception was very friendly when we arrived.
1. The rooms, overall. Nice and simple decoration, makes it look very clean and stylish. Enormous bathroom (but with no jacuzzi), SKY satellite television and free Wi-Fi in the room.
2. The benches and beds by the beach. It's great for relaxing on the afternoon.
3. Exclusivity (which can be caused by the high price of the rooms), it makes it a peacefully not-crowded place to stay at.
1. Weird noises at night, like the sound of animals scratching the windows. Even dogs and roosters can be heard at night.
2. Restaurant is horrible, especially the room service. We ordered for dinner and the food was untasty and highly expensive. I recommend visitors to have their meals on Puerto Viejo, there are way too many options downtown.
3. No car parking. The cars are basically left alone on the street. At least the place is quite safe and we had no trouble leaving the car there for two nights.
It's a place worthy for its price, but the restaurant should not be considered by visitors. We would go back, and have dinner in one of the many restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel offers upscale beach accommodations within the tropical forest of Puerto Viejo, Limon. The 23 Rooms sit around the pool surrounded by lush tropical gardens, across the street from its Beach Club. The all-white minimalist rooms are decorated with a touch of bright colours and have all the comfort expected in order to have a restful night after your day at the beach or for your afternoon nap after touring the region. All the rooms feature A/C, Satellite TV, WiFi, Rain Shower, Mini Bar, phone, Ipod/Iphone docking station and Yves Rocher amenities. You have a choice of King size, Queen size or two Full size beds. With its laid back attitude and Caribbean lifestyle, Puerto Viejo has it all: long walks on the pristine beaches, exotic flora and fauna in a wildlife refuge. Ask our tour desk about our tour options ranging from snorkeling or diving among the many reefs, world-class surfing ,kayaking horseback ridding, deep sea fishing, zip lining, cultural visits to indigenous communities and more. Should you prefer to hang around the hotel, we offer private yoga classes, Spa treatments in our 'tree-house' Spa, Nunu gastronomic restaurant, lap pool and cool water Jacuzzi, reading/lounging areas surrounded by wildlife and of course La Sula Sea Lounge with its day-beds, hammocks, lounge chairs, bar and restaurant service right on Cocles Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Cocles