“Great service, very friendly and good value.” 5 of 5 stars

Aldercarr Hall
and 1 more site!
You added Aldercarr Hall to your Saves list
Aldercarr Hall
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Attleborough Road | Great Ellingham, Attleborough NR17 1LQ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Attleborough B&B and Inns
“Great service, very friendly and good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I plus 2 friends stayed overnight to watch racing at Snetterton. The owner Danny came out to meet us and show us to our rooms on arrival. Danny was incredibly friendly and helpful throughout our stay, even offering to drive is in to the local town and show us the restaurants when we inquired about where we could get dinner.

The rooms were nice and clean and the hot tub and swimming pool are great. Danny was more than happy to open up the pool facilities at night and early in the morning for us to use which was fantastic. The continental breakfast was good and a cooked breakfast is available at extra charge but make sure you request it before hand.

Overall a very pleasant stay and would be more than happy to stay there again, and cheaper than a travelodge or something similar so good value. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We regularly visit Aldercarr Hall. We love it! The swimming pool is clean and the water lovely and warm. The hot tub is gorgeous, looking out over the garden. The staff are really friendly and always make us feel welcome. The owners, Danny and his wife, are also friendly and welcoming, wanting to ensure you have everything you need for your stay there. The facilities are always clean and tidy and we always come away feeling relaxed, rested, well looked after and a little bit spoilt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent a few days over the February half term and it was perfect for us. Danny and Denise were so friendly and all the staff made us feel welcome. We stayed in The Cottage which was two bedrooms and a living area with tea and coffee making facilities. There were TV's in both rooms as well as the large screen in the living area. Breakfast was over at the main house and plentiful. We also used the lovely swimming pool and hot tub. Frankly, the three day break seemed like two weeks and we all felt VERY chilled at the end of it. Thank you for your lovely break! Susannah K and family

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Norwich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booked a swimming session here for 4 adults and two children payed 20 pound upfront as we were getting changed to leave the pool after having a great time the owner barged in on us and said that the swimming pool was to small for 6 and he wanted an extra 10 pound and before we could answer he said don't come back . We explained we had spoken to a lady on phone who said that it was fine for 6 people he said it's to small I'm the owner this is my place don't come back waving his arms about near a 1 year old child . We were so shocked how rudely he spoke to us. We had done nothing wrong I wouldn't reccomend the place even though the swimming pool was lovely he was not friendly

• Stayed February 2014
DanielArpels, Owner at Aldercarr Hall, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Hi there, thank you for your review. Firstly let me apologies if you felt my attitude to be rude in anyway, this certainly was not my intention and I am sorry if you felt this way. I was trying to explain that the fee paid was for a maximum of 4 however you could use the pool for more people but further fees would apply.

I do hope you would re-consider visiting us again and I would personally welcome you and your family.
Fuengirola, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying in this hotel last weekend for one night as we were attending a christening in the area. We were welcomed personally and taken to our room which was just perfect. Very clean and had everything we could possibly have wanted. We arranged breakfast for the exact time we wanted. The breakfast was beautiful and nothing was too much trouble and having such perfect accomodation helped us to enjoy the weekend even more. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My Wife and two children stayed one night at Aldercarr Hall, we were in town to attend a christening... We really had a fab time at Aldercarr, accomodation was just great, we stayed in the family room and it came with plenty of space, fully working TVs and cosy beds . The owners are delightful people and made my family feel right at home. Breakfast (included) was delightful too... If you are in the area then you could do far worse than to stop at Aldercar Hall..

Room Tip: Loveky owners and a fab breakfast
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed from the 20th-23rd Jan 2014 for work, the owners could not have been more accommodating , from standing in the road in freezing fog to help me find them to providing breakfast outside normal times. I had no problem extending my stay for an extra day and they even made me some breakfast for me at very short notice when my plans were changed.

The room I had was very clean and spacious, with wifi which I connected to without any problems. I never noticed the noise of the water fountain outside my room, I am a deep sleeper though.

I read the previous review and can only conclude the writer was reviewing another hotel as nothing he writes relates to the stay at the Aldercarr Hall I experienced this week.

I will use this hotel again when I am in the area for business, many thanks for making my stay a great pleasure .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Aldercarr Hall? Share your experiences!