We booked online after reading reviews and deciding what we were looking for - clean, cheap, safe rooms close to Kata Beach- could be found at SFR Guesthouse. After some initial confusion with our booking - which the owner Terje sorted out and found us an alternative bed in a neighboring guesthouse for the night after a complimentary meal - we settled in to the SFR guesthouse the following night. The rooms were clean with typical firm matresses found in all Asian hotels & accommodation. The rooms at the front of the guesthouse were light and airy and I slept well without being disturbed by street or bar noises. We were not disappointed by the location - an easy 5 minute stroll to the beach and an easy stroll in either direction to a range of restaurants and shops yet set back off the main road so away from the motor bike and tuk-tuk traffic. The staff were friendly and accommodating and we ate at the restaurant several times during our 10 day stay and enjoyed every meal. When we decided to extend our stay, Terje accommodated our request although this required some juggling of rooms and spending 2 nights on a rather uncomfortable futon sofa bed. Having travelled extensively throughout Asia over the past 20 years, SFR guesthouse is typical of a more memorable guesthouse experience. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I loved the quirkiness, charm and intimacy of the small guesthouse and it's characters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Fried Rice is a recently established guesthouse situated at Kata Beach, the most beautiful beach on Thailand's idyllic Phuket Island. Moments from the beach, and featuring spacious, clean, comfortable rooms, modern en-suite bathrooms, outstanding Thai and international cuisine, free wi-fi high speed internet and many more attractions, Southern Fried Rice is the ideal hostel from which to explore Phuket. We have PC stations in our property and it is Free of Charge as well. There is a top quality pool table, 42' plasma TV screen with surround sound and a computerized sound system with all your favourite music. For intellectual stimulation we are hosting the Phuket Chess Club, with frequent blitz tournaments and we are planning regular Thai language lessons. There is access to Kata Day Spa, and a great variety of nightlife available within walking distance of the guesthouse. We also hire out motorcycles for the more adventurous to range out over Thailand's biggest island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Southern Fried Rice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Fried Rice Hotel Kata Beach
- Southern Fried Rice Phuket/Kata Beach