We cannot believe some of the reviews but then again everyone has a "story" to tell. Our "story" is truely one which occured in late Dcemeber and into january 2013. We occupied three rooms...two Jaz pool-access rooms and one standard room on the 4th floor for a 10 day period. We had a wonderful time at the Alpina Phuet Nalina Resort & Spa (funny and long name altrough) and we can only recommend this beautifully landscaped oasis and the very polite and always helpful and professional staff. We in particular like to point out the senior manager Mr."Osmal" (not sure if name spelled correctly) who was always at the reception, then Mr. "Kettie" at the Italian Cafe Mamma Mia and all the beautiful wiatresses at the beakfast room for buffet. Also very nice was the lady at th tour counter...she advised us perfectly with tours tp Phi Phi and other fun and tropical locations. We also very much enjoyed meeting the General Manager of the Resort Mr. Geno who hosted a weekly cocktail party at the lobby loung and he did spike tous personally which we found fantastic as this does not happen in any other resort or hotel where we stayed inprevious years.
the Alpina is a fabtasticaly designed resort on huge grounds with a likewise huge pool and many ponds. We had the pleasure staying in a Jaz room with terrace in front of the pool and we could jump right into the pool...fantastic! The rooms are very clean and fresh in appearance with nice walk-in shower and large bathroom. The bed linen are fresh and so are the towels. The only thing we would have had a bitter softer was the mattres ...it was a little hard for us and we ask if we could get some more sheets...they then told us we can get a top matress added and so they did. Fantastic service!
We did eat on several ccasions in the mam mia Italian cafe and the pizza was very good as well as the pasta. Around the pool and in our room we enjoyed pool or room-service and everytime it was perfect! Try The Tropicana Burger....very very good!
We did attent the New Years Eve festive dinner with buffet and entertainement and we truly enjoyed from all aspects. We also know that all the guests who we made friends with duirng our stay and the tables next to ours were all very happy. the buffet was huge, the band played very nice tunes and the cultural shows were all fun to watch. A great night to ring-in the new year!
We also enjoyed the Spa which is a very impressive facility with very beatiful treatment rooms and packages at very good discounts up to 50% reduction. We had a spa suite (my husband and myself) with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi...we spend more than 4 hours for the entire treatement and the price was only about 100.- Euro dollar for both of us.
The Alpina resort is a good example for traditional Thai smile service and we will be back indeed and can highly recommend it to any travelor. We did read most of the lately published reviews as well as the reviews prior to our arrival and must say that there are some very strange negative reviews which we cannot udertsand. One review in particular from a chap from bangkok is very imsulting and our family group really questions this man entegrity! But as we said....reviews are reviews and the best way to find out is to stay at Alpina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an eclectic mix of unrivalled services and facilities, Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa is the destination of choice for singles, couples and families alike. A combination of charming oriental hospitality showcased by friendly and personalized service and intelligently designed facilities creates a perfect holiday experience with memories to last a lifetime. The resort's peaceful setting fosters a laid-back and relaxed ambience in which guests can completely switch off and enjoy the luxury of the surroundings and the many facilities at their disposal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Hotel Karon
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort And Spa
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa Kata Beach