I was amazed that some reviews on this hotel are very bad and some are very good. It tried my luck nonetheless... And while staying there for 10 days, I realized that nearly all are true, the good ones and the bad ones... but that the "bad ones" are limitations I could live with. On the whole I would recommand that hotel.
- nice garden and alleys, very green, shady and calm.
- wooden bungalows are vast and have their own style (like it or not)...
- good location in Kata : lots of shops, restaurants etc.nearby to enjoy. Kata is rather calm and familiy and couple-compatible (it's not Patong).
- staff is rather nice and try to help
- nice swimming pool with very pleasant surroundings, good mixture of sun and shade ; very enjoyable to cool off a day or two when you're tired of going around the island.
- taxi to the airport rented at the lobby was a bit expensive but very professional : on time although a very early start, a big and deluxe minivan for us 2 only, good professional "international" driving style (not the local "spicy" style if you know what I mean). Very pleasant and reliable when going back home and not wanting to take the risk of being late or anything else.
- kata beach is a 10 minutes walk because you have to go around the huge "Club Med". My advice : it's not the best beach anyway sof after tryning it once, read "pocket phuket" by Lonely Planet and try other beaches and points of interest as advised in this excellent guide. You'll need some means of transport though.
- air conditionning stops when you go away (works with the key) : well, it's understandable for the electricity bills. Room becomes cool in about 10 minutes and really pleasant in about half an hour : that's about the time you need to get ready for bed. Noisy air conditionning but it didn't prevent us to sleep well.
- wooden bungalows have splits in the floor and walls and mosquitos come in. Moskito net on the bed does have holes ! My advice : use an electric anti-mosquito and plug it in the plug used by the TV (stays on even when you remove the key). And also : try a deluxe room, at around the same price it must be more classic but more modern than the bungalows.
- there are some small building works going on the site... Not too noisy nor disturbing if it's not right in front of your window.
- staff speaks little english... but it's enough to manage most situations.
- lots of Russians indeed but I did't see any reason to complain about it.
- wifi only near the lobby. Well, you have to live with it.
- computer for rent (internet cafe-style) are very slow and really suck. Use any other internet cafe if you need a computer and a printer.
More generally about Phuket, stay away form any one trying to make you fill a form on touristic sites or people telling you you've won the golden ticket or anything like that : it's aggressive marketing for timeshare companies. Buy good moskito repellent and solar cream... And you'll spend wonderful holidays !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kata Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Country House Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Country Hotel
- Kata Country House Phuket/Kata Beach