“I like it very much!)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kata Country House

Save Saved
You added Kata Country House to your Saves list
Kata Country House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Kata Road | Tambon Karon, Muang, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Kata Beach
Moscow, Russia
“I like it very much!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel I like very much. I was there in February in this year 10 very beautiful days. The best in this hotel is his area. Full of flowers, palms and other trees. The swimpool is good. Room are clean and personall is very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Kata Beach is much nicer than Patong or Karon. However, staying here will mean a 5 minute walk to the beach as directly across from Kata Country House is a giant wall encircling Club Med. The location was great for us as it was close enough to the beach, and right near all the restaurants, bars and shops. I recommend coming out of the hotel and turning left (south) as its quicker.

The pool is great, but the swim-up bar and all facilities there were closed for our whole stay even though we asked for it to be opened (not sure they understood our request!).

The included breakfast is average - though we just paid for it each morning depending on what we were doing. Eggs, cereal and Thai options. The food in the hotel's restaurant is nice enough as well, but go for a short walk to find heaps more places.

It was a bit noisy at night time - but this was because of other hotel guests not outside noise. I could hear them drinking on their verandas etc.

Good for the price.

Room Tip: We picked a bungalow. They served our purpose as we weren't hanging in our rooms all day. They w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed there one night.
Beds dirty
Staff unfriendly
Location unsafe
No smiles
No help
No room safe but a reception safe which hotel tells you to put your valuable items there for security and they lock the safe at night. Hmmmmm

A place for party drunks. Not for family or kids.

Didn't sleep all night.

Stayed April 2014
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

you get what you pay for. i booked the basic room, at a very basic price. The room is spacious, bed is comfy, furniture old timer, but may be their theme is such. Bathroom basic. Hot shower working well. Thumbs up. location is pretty good. Between the Karon & Kata Beach. They give you bikes on rent- the hotel itself at market price. Thats a positive. has a fresh fruit stall right outside, another positive. Minimart within 50 mtrs range. Everything availaible. love the place. Nice to stay when you are a couple or even with family. The swimming pool is great. Clean Blue water. well maintained.
Rented a bike and drove around. within 2kms has manu food outlets. plenty of bars. and some high end dining outlets too. over all 4.5 out of 5.
Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a cheap hotel and the rooms very basic. I stayed in a standard room which was large and decorated with mismatched 'and very dated' furniture. The room had a bit of a nasty smell. the bathroom was very basic, shower set beside toilet , curtain rings but no shower curtain. Bed and pillows hard, but that seems to be consistent in asia.
Had family members staying in a deluxe room which was not much better,
On a positive note: the breakfast served in the hotel restaurant at the front of the resort, was really good.The pool/s are great, with swim up bar and long coktail list on offer. there is a nice cafe next to the pool also. Staff were nice and very helpful arranging tours, taxis and checking out, there is a wrapping machine in reception for securing luggage when you are about to jet off. I asked for a kettle and cups which were brought to the room quickly and with a smile.
The entrance to the hotel and walk through to rooms and pools is lovely, very lush and gives a real tropical feel.
would not stay here again purely on the state of the rooms, but its cheap by comparison to hotels in the area so I guess it is a case of getting what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Amazing hotel. As you drive down the alley to reception the feel is already with you and as you are escorted to you room through these amazing gardens the feel is with you to stay for the duration of your stay. We had 13 nights here and I would go back tomorrow. Perfect position amazing setting. We had room number 020 (two bedrooms) with a view across the lake, trees, flowers, magnificent bright pink water lilies. Who would believe we where in the very middle of busy Kata. Shops, restaurants,everything we needed as you step out of the front. You can even overlook the prison like wall erected around the Club Med. Beach absolutely stunning and an easy walk from the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.A 5 out of 5 for us.Most guests where not English speaking which some guests may find off putting.

Room Tip: We started in room 12 which was not suitable to us. The staff moved us to room 20 the very next morn...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now, but not since the renovations started, seemed to take years to finish.
Maybe now that all that banging and so forth has stopped I might go back.
well that is if it's finished.
quite a pleasant looking place, It has a real thai feel as you enter, the deluxe rooms were next to each other, and you can hear whats going on next door, but not a problem.
the food was nice in the restaurant, but I just don't do breakfast anymore in these hotels,
I would prefer to eat out when I leave the hotel.
well it is a bit of a hike to the beach, not 5 minutes, but not 25, 2 reviews I read.
It might take a while because there are lots of shops and restaurants on the way.
I just hired a motorbike and went straight to the beach,
the cabins were pretty good, it was like my own little house I came home to every night.
well sometimes morning,
I think a lot of people have a few problems with staff in a lot of these reviews I have read,
I never have that problem, maybe because I spent a bit of time learning some thai,
I have seen them get upset when some people cannot speak english and expect them to know chinese russian swedish etc:
all in all this place is ok, for the price.
I am single and travel with my sister or daughter, I like to get a motorbike, easy only a few minutes to the beach, walking in the hot sun is for shoppers.

Room Tip: get a bungalow, if you like privacy, and a motorbike, if you don't like walking in the hot sun.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Kata Country House? Share your experiences!