“Choose your room wisely they are all so different” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kata Country House

You added Kata Country House to your Saves list
Kata Country House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Kata Road | Tambon Karon, Muang, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Kata Beach
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Choose your room wisely they are all so different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Amazing hotel. As you drive down the alley to reception the feel is already with you and as you are escorted to you room through these amazing gardens the feel is with you to stay for the duration of your stay. We had 13 nights here and I would go back tomorrow. Perfect position amazing setting. We had room number 020 (two bedrooms) with a view across the lake, trees, flowers, magnificent bright pink water lilies. Who would believe we where in the very middle of busy Kata. Shops, restaurants,everything we needed as you step out of the front. You can even overlook the prison like wall erected around the Club Med. Beach absolutely stunning and an easy walk from the hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.A 5 out of 5 for us.Most guests where not English speaking which some guests may find off putting.

Room Tip: We started in room 12 which was not suitable to us. The staff moved us to room 20 the very next morn...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now, but not since the renovations started, seemed to take years to finish.
Maybe now that all that banging and so forth has stopped I might go back.
well that is if it's finished.
quite a pleasant looking place, It has a real thai feel as you enter, the deluxe rooms were next to each other, and you can hear whats going on next door, but not a problem.
the food was nice in the restaurant, but I just don't do breakfast anymore in these hotels,
I would prefer to eat out when I leave the hotel.
well it is a bit of a hike to the beach, not 5 minutes, but not 25, 2 reviews I read.
It might take a while because there are lots of shops and restaurants on the way.
I just hired a motorbike and went straight to the beach,
the cabins were pretty good, it was like my own little house I came home to every night.
well sometimes morning,
I think a lot of people have a few problems with staff in a lot of these reviews I have read,
I never have that problem, maybe because I spent a bit of time learning some thai,
I have seen them get upset when some people cannot speak english and expect them to know chinese russian swedish etc:
all in all this place is ok, for the price.
I am single and travel with my sister or daughter, I like to get a motorbike, easy only a few minutes to the beach, walking in the hot sun is for shoppers.

Room Tip: get a bungalow, if you like privacy, and a motorbike, if you don't like walking in the hot sun.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Kata Country House is a reasonably priced resort about 25 minutes walk from the beach. We got to see a cross section of the rooms available at the Kata, because we had to move room 3 times. I quickly add that we weren’t being pernickety or fussy, the rooms had genuine and significant issues. (Bad smells, faulty electrics, broken air-con etc...) Eventually we asked if we could pay extra to upgrade to a newer, better room. We were given a brand new room in an apartment block only just built and after that things were just fine.

The staff at the Kata were excellent, especially the reception manageress, who was super helpful and ever willing to make things better. All of the staff were attentive and polite and hard working. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was very good, although the quality of the evening meals could be variable, depending on the pressure upon the (seemingly over-stretched) kitchen & waiting staff.

Summing up: Staff are excellent but accommodation could be better overall.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newer rooms. They are significantly better than the older ones.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice enough, good size rooms nice décor, clean, average breakfast, lovely pool.
Great location as close to the beach as you can get for this price, close to shops restaurants etc... The hotel had a fairly good restaurant to. Down side the room had a musky, damp, mouldy smell including the bed linen. Which I asked to be aired but didn't help. I could smell the musty smell on our clothes after we left. I did not find the reception staff very helpful but thankfully didn't have much to do with them. There seems to be an issue with the toilet paper none in the room when we arrived and when I went to ask they sent someone to the room to check that I was telling the truth well that's how I felt, He even picked up my little roll as if to suggest I had toilet paper which I quickly pointed out was mine and not enough. On the last day we used our own paper again as it had run out and not been replaced, ticked off with that, Otherwise nice place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stood in a wooden bungalow for 3 nights. Lovely interior, very kind staff and jungle like garden. Great place!

They don't advertize much the fact that there is no direct access to the beach: the lovely Club Med, which looks more like a fortress, secludes the beach with a long fence which can be only bypassed with a good 500+ meters walk.

Room Tip: Go for the bungalows!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend were here for few nights, and I have to say that the location is grait, the service of the hotel excellent and room nice and tidy and very spacious.The hotel also has a nice swimming pool and a very good restaurant with a range of dishes to pick.We have a very nice and comfortable staying.Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Me and my friends loved it. It's situated on one of the main streets of Kata Beach but when you enter the resort you forget about it because whole thing is like a huge garden. It's quiet and you feel like in tropics. The staff is very polite and helpful, most of then speak decent English. Rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfasts were the weakness of KataCHouse, awful taste and poor choice. Surprisingly the food in hotel restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: I would NOT recommend wooden bungalows because they're poorly located and they have a weird smel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kata Country House? Share your experiences!