“Chinese New Year Dive Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Activities in Kata Beach
5.0 of 5 stars 213 Reviews
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort specializing in diver education, daily dive tours, private charters and Liveaboard Cruises. Club is the emphasis of our operation. Personalised service, professional diver education and Divmaster services. We can also assist with arranging accommodation located closely to both of our shops in Kata and Karon.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Taichung, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
“Chinese New Year Dive Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My group would like thank Kev and Chantal for setting us up with 19 great dives...
Also Thank Jonathan for the Nitox Course and the 2 shore dives at the house reef...
Nick for his excellent guides at KDM, King Cruiser and Shark Point... (lets not forget the burgers and chocolate chocolate chocolate bannana splits)
and of course Dragos for his excellent guiding as well at Phi Phi and Shark point...
We all look forward to heading back that way someday... and if any of you ever want to dive in Taiwan just let me know... we'll help you out just the same....

Visited February 2013
Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
So pleased that you enjoyed your diving here. The team thoroughly enjoyed their dives with you guys and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the club and we certainly hope to see you back here again someday soon. Who knows perhaps we will visit you in Taiwan before. :-)

Also we loved your video that you took of the Octopus recently. Awesome!

Take care an wishing you many more happy dives.

San Francisco, California
“A "Club" in the truest sense”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We traveled to Phuket at the end of a month of backpacking with no intent on staying. After a quick Google search we found Phuket Scuba Club and had a cab take us there from the airport. Our plan was to get some information on where to dive and finish our trip island hopping in southern Thailand. The owners Kev & Chantal quickly changed that. They're incredibly knowledge and honest, and after learning more about our diving experience and what we were looking to do they booked us on a liveaboard dive boat.

That alone was the best diving experience I've ever had and would highly recommend it, but I'd say the greatest experience of our visit was the Club itself. We had a few days to kill before our dive boat departed and Kev had made some phone calls setting us up at a couple hotels around Phuket. We found ourselves over the course of the stay continuing to just stop by the shop to see what was going on, grabbing beers with Kev, Chantal and other visiting divers in the evenings, and generally getting to know a fantastic group of people on the island. The Club was a true community of people visiting or living on the island who all shared a common interest. They had even put us in touch with a doctor once we got back as my travel mate had gotten a bad ear infection.

After a month of wandering around South East Asia it was nice to be somewhere that felt like home even if it was for a week. Whenever my travels bring me back to Thailand, I'll be heading right back here. Kev & Chantal are fantastic people and you owe yourself a visit to their shop.

Visited January 2013
“Recommended if you want a excellent diving experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I took the Open Diver and Advanced open diver courses in Phuket. The instructors were really good and did a excellent job. We really felt like the course was good and realiable, going through everything we should learn and having a fantastic diving experience at Racha Yai. I recommend this diving club to everyone who wants to experience good diving with people who really know what they are doing.

Chennai
“Happy returning customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is my second visit to Thailand diving with Phuket Scuba Club (PSC) and strongly recommend it.
If I go back diving in the Phuket Area I will use PSC again, no doubt about it.

Had one trip in November 2012 (12 days), and one trip in Jan 2013 (14 days).

In both cases PSC helped me with arranging eveything for my diving:
Liveaboard, day trips, beach dives, accomodation, where to buy gear, etc.
So basically I just had to buy a plane ticket and show up, nice:)

I especially enjoy the friendly atmosphere of their small shop on Karon beach where I have now spent many days diving the shallow reef and hanging out with the superfriendly instructors.

If you go there, please treat yourself with a liveaboard in the Similans, very very very nice way to use your time, fantastic clear water, white sand coral reefs and fishies in abundance.

Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We all miss you and your gadgets Gadgetman. :-) It was really great to see you again. Also we wish you all the best with your upcoming trek - it sounds like it could be quite a challenge. Let us know how it goes.

Hope to see you soon again and many thanks for your very kind words and review.
Take care.
Chantal.
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Services beyond my expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Even though i am prompt to seasick, i decided to conquer my fear this Jan. I'm glad that i have signed up with PSC for my OWD cos their level of service, underwater knowledge and skills are beyond my expectation. Their equipments are also well maintained and reasonable clean. Dragos whom was my instructor, was competent, attentive and patient. He is also a passionate diver who care deeply for the eco environment. I will definitely be coming back again for my next PADI cert.

Ring0, Owner at Phuket Scuba Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It was great to watch you conquer your fear and you did extremely well on your Open Water Course. According to your Instructor Dragos you are diving really nicely. Well done!

We hope to see you soon again and thank you for taking the time to review our club here on TA. We really appreciate it!

Dive safely and regards from all including Dragos!
Chantal