Stayed at Kata Lucky Villas for 10 nights in December 2012 and from the outset the staff were very friendly and very helpful. We opted for one of the bungalows which gave us more space and privacy but also because they were set in beautiful greenery. Had a quick look at the pool access and we had made the right choice for us. Massage by the pool every day was great and cheap by European standards!!! Breakfast left a bit to be desired, I think the last time I had orange 'cordial' was when I was a kid! But hubby nipped up to Starbucks every day and got me a proper coffee and sarnie. Location was fine and we made friends with a great Thai guy called Pom who works as a taxi driver for the hotel, his wife works in reception and she is a sweetheart. Pom took us everywhere we wanted to go, short or long hops so we did not bother hiring a car although you can hire a car from the hotel. You can also hire mopeds from the hotel which are cheap as chips, about GBP5 for 24 hours. Our room was spacious, plenty of cupboard space, a private safe, TV (which we never watched cos we were too busy) and a comfortable bed, bedding was good too although I do have to moan about the towels! Take your own towels as the quality of the ones provided are so poor I would not even give them to my housemaid! Now for the guests............................. if you don't like Russians then don't even think of staying at this hotel, what a bunch of unfriendly people. As a Brit, if we see someone every day we at least nod to in acknowledgement or even say hello and hey sometimes we even strike a conversation with fellow guests but not this time. I think we were the only Brits staying there, the other Brits seemed to stay up the road in Karon Beach area. Nevertheless I am happy that we chose Kata Lucky Villas for our stay as the hospitality and politeness from the staff far outweighed the rudeness of other guests. Sorry if you are Russian and are reading this but that was our experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Lucky Villa & Pool Access in central Kata, a mere 500 meters from Kata Beach and is surrounded by mountains and beautiful gardens. If you have been searching for a place to relax- you can now end your search! We create a relaxing atmosphere in a tropical garden villa style for you and your family to enjoy. We are one of the best choices and will make you feel at home whilst you enjoy the warm, friendly and comfortable environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kata Lucky Villa & Pool Access reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Lucky Villas Hotel Kathu
- Kata Lucky Villa & Pool Access Phuket/Kata Beach