Boomerang was our introduction to Thailand. I was travelling with a friend of mine celebrating her birthday. We took a room right next to the pool and had to share a bed- We are not partners just good friends! The bed was comfortable and roomy enough for two friends, I'm sure this caused some speculation between the staff! The staff were lovely and helpful. On our first trip into town and the beach in Paolo's car my purse fell out of my bag... I was blistfully unaware of the fact until he tracked us down to return it to me. We did have a problem with our toilet but it was fixed as soon as we reported it. I would guess that it was just one of those unfortunate things that sometimes happens and not something that would happen regularly because the fittings were so good that I forgot where I was and swallowed some water while in the shower! The place was so comfortable and relaxed that a couple of times we forgot to lock our door as we went out to the pool which was only a few steps from our room we felt so at home! One down side was that the pool closed rather early but I am such a night owl I would swim at midnight rather than 6 or 7 in the morning and most places had their pool close about similar times.
We read reviews here on trip advisor when deciding where to stay and slightly dismissed the steep driveway mentioned by one person thinking maybe they exaggerated- they did not! I climbed it once then offered to pay all taxi trips back to the hotel door from that point on. I agree with the person who reccomends taking a map to help taxi drivers find the place.
Should you go make sure you book a massage it is done in your room and it is increadibly good and rediculously cheap!
The pool was a friendly gathering place for hotel guests and with two for one happy hour it beagn our 4pm pina colada tradition for the rest of our trip. It was a fabulous start to our treck across thailand. I wish I was there now!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach