At the top of a very steep road is the Boomerang Village Resort. Despite its small and compact size, everything was here.
Our room was beautifully furnished and decorated with Thai artefacts and had a great view over Kata town and the sea beyond. Unfortunately the air-con in the room was really struggling to cool the room and several staff came to check it (including the manager) but unable to resolve the problem we were offered another (upgraded room) which although cooler, was not nearly as nice as the original room, but we really needed the air-con so moved to the new room.
The pool was small but adequate and welcome relief from the hot sun. The restaurant served Italian food and was extremely quiet (we were the only customers). The staff in the restaurant were attentive but service was slow. When asked about the food, were were told it was "in the microwave now" - which I hope was a translation misunderstanding. I don't expect food in that price range to be microwaved food.
There is a quaint little 'living room' area which would be ideal as a coffee shop/bar as the only place to get a drink poolside was to go to the restaurant and find a staff member.
Breakfast was good with a wide selection and egg station cooked to order.
The rooms are set into a rich garden setting and the sounds at night might take some getting used to for those unfamiliar with Asia - but added to the uniqueness.
I would recommend this hotel for its location, setting and the seemingly tireless (foreign) manager who seemed to work 24 hours a day and was everywhere - from carrying our bags, to repairing the pool jacuzzi.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Hotel
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.