Some friends of ours stayed in B1 last year & we visited them, which is why we decided to book here for ourselves. We love Thailand & wanted our family to join us this time. Beginning on a positive note, the staff are absolutely wonderful & are happy to assist in any way & I don't for a second blame them for the state of this house. The gardens are kept beautifully.
The interior pictures of C5 on the website do not resemble how it really is. The whole house is very tired & in need of serious attention. It is not homely at all. There are no pictures, nice cushions, ornaments, just the bare minimum. The pillows & duvets do. It have protectors on & therefore smell of other people's bodies. I actually washed the pillows myself. Our bedding has black marks on it & holes. The towels are "off white" & old. The windows are indeed of a good clean. The sofas are covered in a bed sheet. We had to carry a desk from upstairs into the living area to put the phone & router on so that we could use the little table they were originally on outside as there was not even an outdoor table!
The kitchen table has a glass top which is chipped everywhere & the dining chairs do not have any cushions which makes then very uncomfortable. The tiled floors in the bathrooms are flaking away so when you have showered it sticks to your feet.
Outside the pool is lovely, but the wooden salad is in need of painting. There are plant pots with dead plants in, which is not what you expect. The outside area was never cleaned by anyone during our 5 week stay.
The cleaners were nice people, but the amount of cleaning done was minimal, with windows never touched, blinds never dusted. The showers had staining on the tiles. The house needs a massive overhaul. There wasn't any kind of manual to tell us anything about the house, the complex, rules or even hie to use the phone.
I have noticed it has now been removed from the website which is interesting. Ater looking at others on this estate I cannot believe they allow one to be in this condition. The air conditioning is full of dust & so loud that you can hardly sleep.
I feel bad writing this, but this house is a terrible disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katamanda is a luxury retreat located on the south west coast of Phuket, Thailand. Thailand's premier resort destination with spectacular views of the Andaman Sea. The estate is developed with comprehensive, professionally managed recreational facilities perfect for staying active while on vacation. It is a fully operational, walled and gated, luxury villas service with 24-hour security with full guest access to the Katamanda Clubhouse. Privacy villa is properly for your real family holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook so you can book your Katamanda - Luxury Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katamanda - Luxury Phuket Villas Hotel Karon
- Katamanda - Luxury Phuket Villas Kata Beach