Upon arrival in Aspasia it seemed fine, greeted with an excellent view and friednly staff. I enquired about WiFi and was told it was only available in the hotel lobby, I explained I really needed it to do work remotely whilst on holiday, they promised to install it......I was fairly convinced it would never materialise but true enough, within a few hours a technician knocked on the door - he had installed WiFi in our corridor and sure enough it worked, so, impressed with the service. The surprises continued when we dined in the hotel: the red snapper panang I ate at Aspasia is one of the tastiest things I had in my entire holiday. The breakfast is superb, and whilst I was trying to avoid any western food for the duration of my holiday, the eggs benedict for breakfast was incredible!
The view from the hillside location is great but this inevitably means a walk to the beach (5-10 minutes "offroad"). This wasnt a problem for us, I really didnt mind, but I am sure some guests would not like this detail. To be fair to the hotel, they do not hide this fact and if you do your research about where you're staying you have no cause for complaint about this fact.
Our room was massive, I'd estimate approx 60 square metres, which is excellent value for the price we paid.
So from initial impressions of being just ok I left feeling that it was great, lots of pleasant surprises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently created in the south of the island of Phuket, The Aspasia is a stylish boutique resort reflecting an unusual retro-deco design with hints of Mayan style architecture. The muted yellow and green hues of the buildings blend exotically with the colours of the lush forest that sweeps down to Kata Beach. Each secluded apartment has stunning sea views, and guests only have a two minute walk to the white, sandy beach below.With the accent firmly lying on tranquility, comfort and contemporary style, The Aspasia Phuket offers a choice of superior accommodation and facilities that includes restaurant, a wine and cigar shop, two swimming pools, a gymnasium, business centre, meeting room, high-speed wireless Internet access and spa. Original paintings and antiques are displayed in the spa, restaurant and lobby, complementing the style of decor. There is easy access between the twelve buildings and facilities forming the resort. The property is set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, filled with colourful tropical planting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Aspasia Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Aspasia Phuket Kata
- Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata
- The Aspasia Phuket Kata Beach