“Pirfect place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

You added Katathani Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   14 Kata Noi Rd | Kata Beach, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Kata Beach
Bangkok, Thailand
“Pirfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a nice place.Perfect for a family holidays.
Very clean, very green.
Top professional staff- at all levels.
Paradise for eat-lovers))
Nice private beach, easy to rich all attractions on Phuket. Highly recommend

Room Tip: Front building
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Thailand over 15 years and the main reason I gave a 3 is the staff although friendly could not be "bothered"

Check in was fine the room we where shown was nice enough but not wait we paid for (scoopon deal) we where showed another room which is what we paid for but out the back and in my view dark and dingy) so we stayed in the room we where in which obviously has a recent refurb. The room was fine for us as our 5 year old shared our bed and our one year old has a cot

The staff excuse for putting is incorrect room was they had a large Chinese group in.....we booked in February ??? not really an excuse but anyway

Food was good but good 10 min walk from the Bhuri wing to where the majority of the nicer restaurants where located

In my view the hotel is two big

Staff just came across as could not be bothered. Our daughter has soy allergies (not easy in Thailand) the menus say they cater for all diets but when we asked whats was in the bread they said they would ask the bakery and hour later no response we just gave up eventually.

My 5 year old decided to run into a table and whacked his head as I was near reception I went there to get some ice the reception staff just looked at me and said I would need to go to a food and beverage outlet and ask for ice there....

I did speak to Jason? guest relations manager (when at The Sands Katathani Khao Lak see other review) who appreciated my feedback and said he would send me an email that is 3 weeks ago - no email received

I can see why people like the place but as a travel agent I was just annoyed and disappointed by the experience we only where there three night so would have made more of a big deal if i as there for any longer

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Katathani1, Manager at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Jamwie,

Thank you for your extensive review on TripAdvisor and our apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion. As I can see from your review and as I know from our discussion on the phone when you stayed at The Sands in Khao Lak, the main reason for your dissatisfaction was our staffs attitude, particularly about the restaurant and front desk services.

Please be assured that I followed on every single point that was mentioned by you and your travel companion respectively not only by phone but also by the e-mail we received previously. My promised e-mail was sent to her e-mail account only one day after our conversation. Our staff is currently in an intensive re-training program, the front office is about to be re-structured and we are additionally about to upgrade our Junior Suites to meet the expectations of our guests and cooperating travel agents respectively.

I was very much pleased that your stay at The Sands in Khao Lak made up for the less positive initial experience in Phuket thus not having lost trust in our brand, I would gladly welcome you back to Katathani in the future to give us an opportunity for a re-evaluation of your Phuket experience. With warm regards from Kata Noi,

Jakub Piwowarski
Resident Manager
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Hotel is getting old. The rooms smells the age... plus AC made a huge noise in the first 2 nights (they changed our room in the last nights after I almost beg for that). But the worst was to get food poisoned (only ate there in 4 nights stay)... they need urgently to review process, staff/management.

There are much better options for top resorts in Phuket.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orléans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is made up of 2 very separate complexes, one which is possibly 5 star with the other which comprises the Bhuri wing being closer to 3 star. This wing has a separate reception area, breakfast dinning area and gym none which are to the same standard of the other wing, After spending time at the Sands the sister hotel of the Katathani which was superb we arrived excited to continue our holiday, until we were checked into a room in the Bhuri wing which smelt musky and was very tired. The grounds were nice and fronted a fantastic beach, compared to other hotels in phuket and even others in kata beach the Katathani is over rated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed as a family with two inter-connected deluxe rooms in the Bhuri wing overlooking the pool (2nd floor). The rooms were great, my only complaint would be that the bathroom isn't really a separate room but is divided with wooden sliding slatted 'doors'.

The breakfast buffet was good and varied as would be expected in a hotel such as Katathani, however some options were only available some days.

The beach, Kata Noi, almost feels exclusive to the hotel and is beautiful although debris did build up on the busier days. The hotel cleans the beach twice a day to combat this. During monsoon season there are rip tides but there is one section of the beach covered by life guards and most days this was okay to swim in and the waves were good fun! The hotel has a variety of pools to suit everyone, and other games such as outside chess, petanque and putting. Tennis is also available although you have to pay to hire the rackets which seems a little unnecessary.

We only ate one evening meal at the hotel's restaurant with mixed dishes, some were exquisite and others really very disappointing (Fisherman's Warf). However, lunch at the Seacret restaurant was reasonable and we had good service every time. When checking out, the charge for a late check out was extortionate but there was a luggage storage room and a shower room we could use (towels, shampoo and shower gel provided) so this wasn't an issue.

Kata itself is only a ten minute walk away and there are far more restaurants and bars there worth a look in the evening!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Let me start by saying that the exterior and public areas of this resort are beautifully maintained and presented. The resort has it's own private beach frontage and there are several restaurants on site as well as local eateries and convenience stores just outside the entrance. My room looked like it had been recently redecorated, but the facilities inside were very basic. The bathroom did not have tub, and the shower still had an old fashion aluminium framed frosted glass shower screen. I asked for a non smoking room in a quiet spot, but when I opened the door I could see that my ground floor room was equipped with ash trays and faced the pool. Thankfully the room was spotlessly clean and did not smell of smoke.

The things that really let the hotel down were:
- the state of the bed - saggy on both sides with steep bump in middle - which made it next to impossible to be comfortable enough for a good nights sleep.
- I discovered in the morning that the windows were not sound proof and was woken by children in the pool screaming and yelling with excitement at dawn.

The breakfast buffet was OK and offered a wide range of freshly prepared foods.

I was booked on an early morning tour the day I was leaving and tried to arrange a late check out the night before so that I could freshen up before a late evening flight. The response I got from reception was so disapproving it was almost comical - you would think that arranging such a thing was equivalent of asking to be flown to moon! In the end I gave up and arranged to store my luggage with the concierge for the day while I went on the tour. When I returned there were different staff on reception who very kindly offered to let me use their club house near the beach to shower and freshen up.

Room Tip: if you do not like being woken by the sound of children playing book a room that is as far away from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely warm welcome. A pleasant complimentary upgrade to a junior suite! Rooms where lovely and clean. Beach towels very promptly changed. Couldn't fault the staff at all, they would bend over backwards to assist. Bar round the pool had excellent service. Breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety of food. Beautiful clean beach.

Highly recommended.

The Shore at Katathani
The Shore at Katathani
#1 of 54 in Kata Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 728 reviews

Been to Katathani Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!