My sister and I stayed here for 6 nights in early June and had a lovely time. The resort is absolutely gorgeous, and the service was pretty good for the most part. The resort is pretty secluded, and it's at least an hour from the airport and a half hour from most of the tour/excursion locations, so be prepared for a bit of a drive if you intend to do anything off property. Most days we were there, we sat at the pools near the beach and we did spend one day on the beach (you can rent chairs and an umbrella for the entire day for less than $10 US, which was definitely worth it!) We ate at every restaurant and had drinks at every bar while we were there. There are plenty of options since it's such a large property, so you can count on there being good variety for meals. We mostly ate lunch at the larger pool bar by the Thani wing. It is right on the ocean, so the view is amazing, as is the cool breeze off the water (we had happy hour here several nights, too, and even spent 3 hours here one night when the monsoon appeared with lots of heavy rain! If you have to be stuck somewhere in a downpour, though, this was the place!) We did the spa package and had massages which were good--Swedish massage is not my favorite, but for the method it was good. We didn't take advantage of it, but there are also people from the hotel that will give massages or mani/pedis around the pools for a very good price. Other than being a bit far away from everything else on the island, our main complaint was that the room (which was quite beautiful and very clean) was incredibly humid despite constantly running the AC and keeping the doors closed all the time. Everything was damp and our swimsuits and beach clothes did not dry out the entire time we were there. An upgrade to their ventilation system to dehumidify more would be a bonus. Otherwise, we had a lovely time. I recommend Phuket Sail Tours speedboat tour to Phang Nga Bay as well as Siam Tours elephant trekking, but skip the trip to Fantasea. It was a waste of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach