Before i start writing the review - The Half of Thani wing is under RENOVATION and u can't use part of the garden due to renovation noise and they have removed sun decks and one of the pool and one of the bar is closed. So I am slightly surprised as why they have not updated this info on the website as you would expect from a respectable resort like Kata Thani (KT). So before booking please check the status with the Management.
Now the review....... Just back from 4 days vacation from Phuket. We had selected KT as we were well versed with the resort (this was our 3rd stay) and we love the awesome beach front. First.... the property is incredible.......the garden, pool, bar by the pool and the brllnt beach with its powdery sands. Also service, in general, excellent and cost of beer by pool is probably the cheapest ...around 50 baht ++. We had booked Bhuri wing deluxe room which has good landscape and a decent pool. BUt the overall feel and comparison between 2 wing....believe me Bhuri wing and Thani wing feel like 2 different resorts with Thani being 5 star and Bhuri 3 star. Thani has far more space and pool and much better feel and quality.
Thus when we reached and checked in Bhuri, we were slightly disappointed as over last few years they have completely re done the rooms and the bathroom area is a joke now. U really won't be able to stretch ur hand in the fibre glass shower room and it has no tubs. ThE room interiors are really average and so is the flooring. The bathroom area reminds me of temporary make over wash rooms which we find in construction sites. I remember staying in Bhuri wing around 6 years back...it was good that time.
So Post our experience with the very average room in Bhuri wing - we went to see junior suites at Thani wing....great feel but half the place under renovation. So we opted to continue to stay in Bhuri wing. But whenever I visit again I will make sure that I only stay in Thani wing and it's worth payin 35% extra for that. But well no complains.....since the room was not very welcoming we stayed most of the time outdoors....we had fun.
The Surrounding area has few good restaurants but in general the food in KT is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach