Upon arrival we were shocked at the quality of the Sawasdee Hotel. We were given a very dark room with 3 beds and little room to walk around. This reservation had been booked 5 months prior but she said the hotel was fully booked with no hope of a better room. Her ploy was to get us to spend $140 more a night to be in the Baray Villas which would make the cost of this tacky hotel close to $300 a night. When we refused she found "another guest's room" which she reluctantly give to us, hardly better and complete with cockroach. The showers are wood so you can imagine the cleanliness issue. The area is disappointing with not much to offer. Find a different hotel, it was the worst of our 5 week trip through South India, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach