After being stingy with our hotels throughout Asia, we splurged on a 2 night stay at Sawasdee Village. This place was amazing! from the moment you walk down their tropical pathway to the reception, i knew we were in for a treat! the front desk has good english and are more than helpful with check in, check out, and arranging airport transfer (about an hour, 900B for an outside taxi). they even give you a nice little picture keepsake!
the grounds are absolutely beautiful! a mix of thai and moroccan flair, with tropical foliage, lanterns, wooden walking platforms, and giant birdcage like swinging lounge chairs. even the walkway to the restaurant is suspended over a beautiful koi pond. but the centerpiece is the pool! i never hang out at hotel pools, but nearly spent our entire daylight hours lounging by this tropical paradise! swim up bar, tropical plants and water fountains surround the pool. it is by far one of the best pools i've ever seen.
the included breakfast was a spectacular buffet of asian and western food, and plenty of it! the coffee is strong and did i mention Nutella? they have a jar of it, and for people like us who don't treat ourselves to sweets, this was an awesome treat for us!
the rooms were absolutely charming and romantic! with a sheer, gold speckled mosquito net draped over the bed (you don't need it, but they caution that mosquitos are frequent in thailand), it made us feel like royalty. in room PC's, free wifi throughout, fresh fruit, 4 free water bottles per day, large soaps, coffee and/or tea, mini fridge, closet safe, umbrella's, good toilet paper, rain shower, cute little patio porch....i could go on and on! and the beds were dreamily comfortable! so if we pay 17 US dollar/night lodging, we get just that. BUT if we pay 100 US/night, we get the Sawasdee Village. it's nice to have a more reserved crowd of people instead of bunking with the heavy drunk crowds of patong beach.
btw....they spray for mosquitos every night and they play a very tranquil, low key music throughout the grounds. as for location, it is a short walk to kata beach or they have a shuttle that leaves every hour from the hotel to the beach. also within 5 minute walk to plenty of shopping, dining, and everything else!
it was beautiful, amazing and if we weren't middle class Americans, we would be happy to stay here forever!
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HostelBookers, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.