After my husband and I decided that Thailand was going to be our 4 year anniversary destination...the where to stay hunt began...after many hours on trip advisor and talking to our well traveled friends we chose Sawasdee Village...then all of a sudden bad reviews for this hotel started popping up on trip advisor...I started to worry I made the wrong choice...after staying there all I can say is that those people...are DELUSIONAL...Sawasdee is paradise...as soon as you step through the entrance you feel like you are in an intimate jungle inside Phuket...for the people who say the resort is old and worn...go stay at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills where you belong...at around $100 USD a night this hotel is heaven...each room is a private little bungalow with your own walk in rain shower and Thai landscaped porch and pond...every morning they hand pick flower petals to float in the ponds and walkways...at night they come through and light your mosquito repellent lantern and turn down your covers...each bed has a beautiful handwoven lace net...I'm sure it's to help with the island mosquitos but nonetheless it is gorgeous...for people who say the rooms are small...go to Paris you'll see what SMALL ROOMS are...and to the people who say that the mosquitos are the hotels responsibility should get a life and some repellent...the reality is that Phuket is an island...therefore has an island climate...hence the abundance of mosquitos...I wore repellent the whole time and never had a problem...there's a brilliant idea...wear repellent!!! The service at the hotel is impeccable and the breakfast yummy...the pool is gorgeous with a cute little swim up bar... they have an indoor lounge with refreshments and wifi if you want to beat the humidity for a bit...keep in mind of course that all the rooms are air conditioned but just in case you wanna roam about the grounds the lounge is there...we loved everything about the hotel...it is quiet and intimate...beautifully landscaped...and the customer service is amazing...even when my husband over did it at Muay Thai training they rushed ice to our room for his knee...we enjoyed our stay more than words...we are already planning to come and stay again with another couple in March...thanks Sawasdee for a very memorable anniversary!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HostelBookers, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach