We had a perfect stay at Mom Tri's Villa Royale. From Patcharee's warm welcome on reception to the wait staff at Breakfast - we were made to feel very welcome with a friendliness which was professional and not intrusive, just right! We dine twice during our stay which was delightful overlooking the surf on the rocks and the ocean. The food, was delicious, and the wines good (yes wine in Thailand is veeery expensive, which I dont understand as its cheaper in UK to get Australian and Chilean wines and thats further away - maybe heavily taxed?) The restaurant is worth it where-ever you're staying in Phuket. Patcharee was very helpful in answering any questions I had before arriving which gave me a 'sense' of the place before I arrived.
The gardens are beautiful with frogs in the ponds (the sound made us laugh every night!) and lilypads with tropical trees and palms. There are quite a few steps in getting around but we are in our mid-50's and it wasnt a problem for us and we enjoyed the settings on different levels. We stayed in Beachview wing (room 22 the bestI'd say) with stunning views from our room and closer access to the beach down a foreshore path. I particularly liked the fact that it was done in a more traditional style than seems to be the case with the newer room which are a bit more standard hotel like from photo's Ive seen. The bathroom was huge with spa bath, separate rain-head shower cubicle (my husband loved this so he's going to put one in at home!). It was also beautifully lit and mildly scented with oil-aroma. The room also had a separate sitting area which was quite large, fresh fruit basket on arrival, widescreen TV and a mini-bar, wine glasses etc.
Our favourite pool was the rock-pool on the rocky foreshore and we spent many hours lazing, taken in the view and watching the surf break next to you on the rocks. There were beach beds here too and was just a stunning place to unwind. Bear in mind that it is salt-water from the sea, so doesnt have the clarity of the clorinated pools but this didnt worry us at all and enjoyed watching the crabs on the little waterfall rocks which fed the pool. We also would have our lunch ordered from the pool bar here with a couple of beers or wine - just heaven. The layout of the resort with different wings and separate dining room and loungebar and separate reception made if feel very calm and uncrowded that we were surprised to see so many people at breakfast. Breakfast was also delicious and the staff very friendly (even funny) helpful and efficient. It had everything I would hope for in a buffet including beautiful freshly baked bread, eggs to order, bacon, ham, cheeses salad etc etc. The only thing I would have liked and had a lot in European buffet's is some fresh berries (hard in thailand I know) to add to my meusli and yoghurt as I like to eat healthily. But there were plenty of lovely local fruits such as the mango's so Im not critisising.
Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.... Wish I was there now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach