We stayed at Mom Tri’s Villa Royale for ten glorious days, returning home last weekend. I should start by saying that I’m a long time Trip Advisor reader, and rarely post. It’s time for me to start contributing more, and this is just the property to get me off the fence. The entire experience at this property is so sublime and relaxing it’s difficult to convey with mere words. From the punctual and professional pick up at the airport to the moment you check out, one feels welcomed by all.
Mom Tri’s has that rare combination of raw beauty combined with some of the nicest, caring and friendly employees I have ever experienced in my travels. Everyone at the property greets guests and one another with a warm smile and is always at the ready to assist with anything. I consistently marveled at the patience and grace of Mom Tri’s crew in interacting with a great majority of guests who do not speak Thai, and many who do not speak English as a primary language. We actually had the honor to meet and talk with Mom Tri who had stopped by for a couple of days during our stay. After speaking with him and observing him interacting with his employees, we could tell he took a personal interest in his employees and that their caring attitude had been instilled from the top.
But Mom Tri’s Villa Royale isn’t just about service-it’s a “double-threat”-the property’s location and scenic beauty is spectacular: multiple buildings terraced into the natural landscape overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Our Beach Wing room (#10) overlooked the beach and was beautifully appointed in traditional Thai decor. The property is so spread out you never felt overcrowded…if you wanted friendly interaction you could find it…if you wanted seclusion with nothing but the sounds of waves, you could find that too. We’ve all had those vacations where lounge chairs are reserved by phantom sun bathers early in the morning (my personal pet peeve). Not here. There were times it felt like we were the only ones staying at Villa Royale, even though the property was sold out during our entire stay. If we wanted to relax around the pool at noon, no problem, there was plenty of space. If we wanted to relax on the beach at noon, no problem, the property pays for your lounge chair there.
The spa, breakfast, and the Kitchen restaurant were all great. The happy hour in the lounge overlooking the bay was also a welcomed end to the day. And you’re only a short walk down the hill to town for unlimited dining and drinking choices, or a 10 minute taxi ride to Patong.
All in all, we couldn't have been happier with our choice in Phuket, so much so that we’re making plans to return within the next year!
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.