Just returned for 5 nights in Boathouse, this hotel was refurbished I think about 2 years ago, and my wife and I really enjoyed our time there. The staff are the standouts here and made our stay just fantastic. The rooms are Ok sized, the bathroom is large and very nice shower, fresh fruit was delivered every day to our room, every night they came a turned down our bed. My wife was unwell and the staff at breakfast asked about her and made a special breakfast for me to take to our room, then later that morning a basket of flowers and a get well card arrived, ever had that before. It was hard to fault the staff at the hotel all seemed great. This hotel has its own part of the beach which in not normal for Phuket so as you stepped on the beach a staff member would setup a desk chairs for you with two towels, cold water and we even got fresh fruit. The pool as small but as the hotel does not have many rooms it was fine, had giant floating things in it to sit on in the pool too. Breakfast was great; you chose off a menu your hot dish while you eat from the cold buffet section, freshly squeezed fruit juice, espresso coffee.
Only real issue is the cost, we paid about $220NZ through booking.com on special but as we are back on Phuket in March checked on room rates then at nearly $500Nz is too much but we would love to stay there again and may do in off peak times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boathouse Phuket, Thailand, has been an architectural and culinary landmark on Kata Beach since 1989. A favorite with discerning visitors, it appears on numerous lists of the world’s best small hotels. The Boathouse Wine & Grill has been distinguished with Wine Spectator Awards since 1995 and has been credited with the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2006. New additions to the property include extended family suites, a 2-bedroom beachfront Penthouse suite and a rooftop Sunset Lounge. A beach club and spa and a chic boutique shop with a gourmet café. The fantastic beach location, personal friendly service, intimate atmosphere and stylish gourmet restaurant with one of the best wine cellars in Thailand make it the ideal location for beach, food and wine buffs. Weekend Thai cooking workshops from 10 am - 1 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Boathouse by Montara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Boathouse Kata
- Mom Tris Boathouse Hotel Kata
- Boathouse By Montara Phuket/Kata Beach