“Beautiful Resort spoilt by Chinese Package tour Tourists” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Palmery Resort And Spa

Save Saved
You added The Palmery Resort And Spa to your Saves list
The Palmery Resort And Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   82/20 Khoktanod Rd, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #27 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Beautiful Resort spoilt by Chinese Package tour Tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beautiful Resort , wonderful staff. Our private pool access room is spacious and modern. We can not fault any part of the Resort as it is well maintained and within close walking range to Kata Beach and surrounding shops.BUT ... Every night when the Chinese Tour Buses return anywhere from 8pm until midnight it turns into a zoo .. People yelling screaming running wild and jumping into so called private access room pools which by the way in your room directory states the pool closes at 7pm ? We have had the same problem every night and when I phoned the front counter at 10.30 pm to complain about it I was told I had to complain tomorrow because there was no duty manager to deal with this .. So as a paying customer staying for one week we were basically told we had to put up with it. Not Happy as this occurs night after night .. we would not return based on this poor effort of staff not enforcing the closure of pool times .. I don't think it is acceptable to have Chinese or any other children throwing glass bottles and rocks in the pool ,and yelling out going on so called private verandas after 8pm at night . People including adults are walking onto and around our verandah at all times of day and night to take short cuts around the pool .. So no privacy at all .This could be a fantastic Resort up there with the best , but unfortunatley the behaviour of Chinese Tourists that is not dealt with lets the standards down. We went to eat at the Restaurant last night , but decided not to as same thing , the running screaming children were out of control pushing the computer chairs around the main entrance foyer unsupervised , just about knocking us over while staff just looked on .. Not an atmosphere I want to sit in , so we walked to a little restaurant down the road and had a lovely peaceful meal . We have been coming to Kata for 15 years now and have never complained and love the experience year after year , everyone is happy and on holidays but this past week has been the worst by far based on the out of control behaviour that is allowed when people are trying to sleep , peaceful in the day ... Come on management get it right and enforce a peaceful environment late at night and consider your other paying guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Thai first
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I liked the professionalism of the staff, the comfert and privacy provided. I also like the location near kata beach 5 mins walk only. Furthermore, i extended my visit for sole reason which is the hotel provided all means needed to make my honeymoon an interesting & remarkable vacation. Thanks .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Lets start out with the good things. The hotel uprgraded our family to a pool access suite The hotel has nice new rooms, and clean pools, many of them as it has pool access rooms. It is spread over a large area, but most of the resort is one story. But from here it goes down. My job is teaching hospitality management. This hotel does not have a clue about any form of management. Not Front Office, Food and Beverage or Housekeeping. There is no real management at all. Day 1 of a four day stay we checked in at 1pm. They did not the the guaranteed room for our twins with double beds, they accidentally sold it the night before we arrived. But they arranged to move us the next day at 2pm. So we waited and waited, after asking we found out the rooms were free and had to move ourselves.

That morning we went down to breakfast and there was no bacon in the buffet tray, and no chef to cook. There was also no silverware or cups and plates on the tables. Then we went to order eggs and the cook was gone. He came back 20 minutes later. They have no table clearing service at all. There are about 10 wait staff walking around but they dont have a clue what to do as they are new hires.

When we got back from the beach at 6pm my daughters realized they had left their body cream for the shower in the old room. We looked and it was not occupied so we called the front desk to ask if housekeeping found anything. The reply was sorry but house keeping has gone on we will let you know tomorrow.

Day 3 another disaster at breakfast this time no bread, no jam, and no milk for the cereal. Housekeeping never called nor did the front desk, and by this time the room we vacated was occupied. We called them. Housekeeping found nothing they were sorry. I dont think so.

The place has no marketing either. Its mostly big tour buses full of Chinese tourists who arrive late at night, so there is no "atmosphere" to the hotel. Indeed the Chinese tourists can be fun. They managed to find a way to climb over plants, and make their way to our private balcony in the middle of both the 3rd and 4th night. Rather strange to have to go out and tell your invaders to leave.

If you are going for a night or two and are just going to sleep its okay. But if you want to use as it as base for more time than that I would say no.

It could all be rectified if they would simply get someone in who knows how to run a hotel. They need management urgently. Do not even consider paying the rack rate for this place it is barely a two star resort. But it is dressed up very well.

Room Tip: This is really a two star hotel at best. Dont go for a suite at 75 meters as its no where near that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nites in this hotel at the end of jul,2013. I'd say this is pretty unique and horrible experience. First if all, it is a little far away from the beach, and at day 1, the hotel said the shuttle driver is on leave and have to wait for next day. And second, there are lots of ants and bugs inside room as far as I can see, I requested to change the room, but they are saying the hotel is full till the day I leave. But in second, I can see lots of rooms are empty. The worst thing happened during my checkout. I got an early flight to catch, I had requested speedy checkout at 4am. The hotel guy said he needs to check the room first. After he went back after 10+ minutes, he said bloody spots in the blanket and asked me to pay 2000b. I went with him and saw the small dirty spots in the bed cover. Shocked to see 2000b, I request him to check the policy, and he got 7000+b this time. I requested to talk to the manager, he put the manager on the call and I'd say this is worst attitude I ever got. The manager said this is not easy to clean up, so they want the customer to pay for the items in this case. I said I understood that, but as a customer, I cannot buy in this. I never met this before for so many hotels I ever stayed. Manager said it is always the case for the other hotels and stated they will call the police if I want to go without pay. End of the call, and I asked to talk the manager and got refused. At this time, the reception guy pointed to me and said I need pay 3500b. Badly everything in Thailand, and u have no way to figure out, but only capture the photo. At this time, more than half hour passed, I have to go for the airport, so I did the checkout with this 3500b pay. I have to say this is pretty bad, I will never choose this hotel if I have 2nd chance…

• Stayed July 2013
Palmery M, Front Office Manager at The Palmery Resort And Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear All Concern,

Warmest Greeting from The Palmery Resort and Spa !

Please kindly inform that the room as per the guest make a booking with Deluxe Pool View .We assigned the correct room type at room 6110. On the checking out time we found that the blanket and bed sheet was dirty with the blood which we tried to deep clean but unable to remove ,therefore we have to charge directly with the guest as per our regulation. The price of missing and dirty items was informed in hotel directory. Please inform that as per we are 4 star hotel. The all Information in the hotel was set up the international language ,English as the international standard. we are insure that the room was assigned correct and we do the best way to the guest and our service.

Thank you very much for your kind support us.

Best Regards,
Panadda M.
Front Office Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spend 7 nights and had a great time. We enjoyed the pool being so close to our room, and the water was nice and warm. The rooms are very spacious and modern, lovely big bathroom. One day we got back to our room at 4pm (having left at around 11am), and our room had not been serviced! There seems to be a mosquito problem as we were quite badly bitten in the early evening sitting on our balcony. The breakfasts are really dull and repetative, however the staff are very efficient and helpful. All this said and done, it was good value for money and we would consider coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Killarney, Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as a part of a 3 week honeymoon in Thailand. We stayed in Patong first but after 3 days decided to move on to Kata. We stayed here for 3 nights and it was amazing. In the booking I mentioned we were celebrating our honeymoon and on arrival we were greeted with the most beautifully fragranced flowers on the bed and in the bath tub. We were in the 2 story part of the accommodation and had to walk past the rooms with direct pool access to get to our accommodation but this was perfect. Because there were so many small pools along the rooms with pool access, it meant that the main pool was lovely and quiet! So we often had the pool all to ourselves !
The room was amazing. Beautifully modern and spacious, well laid out and the bed was the biggest we've ever slept in. Lovely crisp linen and clean every day.
The coolest I thought was that the bathroom and bedroom were separated by glass sliding doors. Which really made the room even look bigger and gave a lovely modern feel to it. There were blinds that you could pull down though if you wanted privacy whilst in the bathroom :)
There were big sliding doors that gave access the our private balcony and it was so nice to relax there while looking over at the pools and palm trees.
The staff were so accommodating and even when we added and extra night on top of our pre-booking, this was no problem and they honoured the same rate.
An amazing stay and I would definitely return, despite the location.
It was a little stroll towards the centre, but after all the scrumptious food we ate during our holiday, this little walk to and from the hotel was great.
Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 8 days (13jul -20 jul 2013), generally clean and spacious hotel but it needs a far bit of walking from it's hotel to Kata beach.

There is a hotel shuttle transfer every 2 hrs (9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and lastly 5pm).

The rooms were essentially big and clean but on the ground level it tend to get more small flies and ants in comparison to level 2 deluxe rooms. I preferred to be on level 2.

We encountered some hiccups with the facilities of the room such as door card slot was on low battery thus we were locked out of our room and aircon were tripped in the wee hours but they were attended to our needs as fast as they could.

We asked for a room change and was given on level 1 where we encountered the toilet doors were harder to close.

Nevertheless, the staff remained professional and assist to our every request but would have preferred a better maintenance of the hotel because it is still relatively a new hotel.

We don't really like the breakfast as it is the same every single day. No variety and there were days it was quite bad. Definitely, room for improvement in that section. There is a limit to how many times we can eat the same thing over a span of 8 days.

Overall, we love Kata beach and the hospitality given by The Palmery Resort and Spa

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Palmery Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!