“I love it, happy family time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foto Hotel

Save Saved
You added Foto Hotel to your Saves list
Foto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   218/9 Kata - Saiyuan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
“I love it, happy family time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel with my family (4 adults and 2 kids) for holiday. We are very happy with the hotel room as it was spacious and comfortable and the view of Andaman sea. My kids enjoyed swimming at the rooftop pool with stunning sea view and they love playing in the bathtub at the room's balcony.

There is a little delayed when I checked-in as I forgot to print the confirmation with me and staff asked me to show the email confirmation instead. As I booked in advance for almost 2 months so it took time for me to find the email. I asked staff to find my reservation in their system and finally I found my email confirmation. However, staff are very polite, friendly and provide good service.

We went for dinner at the restaurant. The food are great, food portion considered quite big for me (bigger than I expected). Staff provide very good service. There is also live music in the evening at the outdoor area near the swimming pool.

Breakfast is quite unique concept which there are 6 sets of breakfast you can choose from. Apart from that salad bar, bread, juice, coffee and tea are provided on the buffet line.

I and my family are very happy with the overall experience at Foto hotel. It is great for relaxing. I will definitely come back again if I have a chance.

Room Tip: Book Ocean Hall room to enjoy great sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked out of this hotel, went for lunch and then decided to extend my stay and check back in again, even though I was still paying for a hotel at my next destination - that's how good it was. I just didn't want to leave. I had had such a lovely, peaceful escape here. The service is excellent, the facilities excellent, the rooms excellent, the food excellent. Great wine. I love the design and layout of the hotel. Beautiful views from the roof. There were even some thai movie stars staying there while we were there. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I just wish I had discovered it before.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An overnight at Foto Hotel was an impromptu decision, which turned to be a fabulous getaway. The hotel is modern contemporary boutique one, stylish decor (cameras, imagery, books, Apple computers & tasteful design). Funky!!

The room (despite being garden facing) was simply delightful; very spacious, tasteful, modern, well thought out design & layout that took functional purpose / practicality of guests' need into account. Lovely bathroom with bathtub included (it's a plus point for me). I liked the large screen TV (with good reception), iPod docking with speakers to facilitate your own musical atmosphere, comfortable bed and a spacious balcony too.

The rooftop pool with its’ magnificent view is to die for (don't take that literally please!). Simply breathtaking .. One can just lounge & soak there for days on end. To make it more seductive, it opens till 11pm (finally found a place where they don't start chasing you out by 7pm); and the colourful silhouette lighting for the pool in the evening is amazing (LOVE the colours). There are plenty of loungers overlooking the ocean to chill with yummy margaritas (they were good). Tried a few dishes and they were good too.

I must say that I liked the fact that there was mostly young staff (not being biased .. I'm not saying old is not gold) whom were energetic, they seemed to be enjoying their work, engaging and ready to help. To sum it up 'cool'!

Two adverse comments that I also must share are that parking is an area of concern and that the elevators weren’t working. A good exercise climbing up those stairs to the pool. Ooops, one more comment is that the ramps linking the different levels of the hotel are extremely (perhaps overly) steep; a critical safety hazard by my standards (especially in wet weather).

To sum it all up, I have but no choice but to gives thumbs up to this hotel with my absolute recommendation. In fact I am certain that I’ll be back!

Room Tip: Ocean views of course
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I really like this hotel! Yes it is on a little hill and there is no side walk to get up there but i think its on a good location. Within minutes my foot you can get to restaurants, spas, shops and evan the beach! I m not going to lie you will sweat walking up to the hotel! The rooms (mine 309)a great big and confortable big bed and nice view! There is free internet that works ok! The pool is nice but not heated so for the lowe season its a little cold! Breakfest you can get for 550 bth and its ok! I would not eat here every day! There is free mini bar in youre room that they fill up dayly! American and european suckets so thats cool! Staff is nice! Free shuttel to the beach ( that you can reach by foot in 15-20 min) and back! 24h reseption! Yes i would go back:-)

• Stayed August 2014
bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a wonderful stay with family for 3 days. The room was nice and cozy. Lovely staff were cheerful and friendly. Breakfast was wonderful.We also enjoy the bar and pool. It's a good place for weekend escape.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are happy with minimalism packed with comfort this would be the place to stay for couple of days. It is fairly distant from Kata and Patong Beach but within reach of a taxi to get your daily doses of craziness. The rooms are designed to serve all your needs and the rooftop pool, bar and the restaurant can serve your daily dosage of food and sunshine. I highly recommend if you are stopping over around Phuket before your next destination.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with balcony overlooking the Andaman Sea.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 3 nights and we love everything about this trendy and hip hotel. It's totally different from other hotels and resorts which we have stayed before in Phuket. From the design, room, staff, restaurant, pool and of course the cute bears everywhere! The restaurant staff are very attentive and fun in character, although they might not speak much English but they try to please you in every way. Breakfast presentation was very unique and we tried all on the menu.

It's not a touristy hotel, no big tour bus, no loud people and that's the exact hotel we love to stay at, very peaceful and quiet. On Monday there's movie night at the lawn area near the pool and it's so fun watching movie outdoors with stars around and cool sea breeze, awesome!

The downside is walking up the steep hill slope, the Management should consider providing up / down hill shuttle hourly. Although now they do have shuttle to the beach but waiting hour is bit too long.

We will definitely come back if you maintain your standards!

Room Tip: Ocean Hall room away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Foto Hotel? Share your experiences!