“A Home!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Foto Hotel to your Saves list
Agoda.com Booking.com
Foto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   218/9 Kata - Saiyuan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 50 hotels in Kata Beach
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“A Home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here just for a night for our anniversary day. Room was beautiful and large. Stunning view to the ocean. Breakfast place is perfect and hotel has a pool next to the restaurant where you feel it is connected to the ocean.

We met a staff named "Joe" who has "Hospitality from the Heart". We had an accident with motor cycle and came back with lots of blood on our bodies. Joe was the only staff jumped out from the reception with First Aid box to clean the scratches on our body and treated us like a family member.

We will be visiting again for sure and hope the management could maintain the hotel as it is as this is quite a new hotel. Thank you all!

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with Ocean Hall room, the view to the sea was so great and the room was very nice too with huge bed. Overall the style of the hotel is great. Only the breakfast was not so good, lack of choice and like no one serves you, only 1-2 waitress but they were busy working on something else. It's kind of disappointing the most. Also, no one clean up my room on the 1st day, I'm not sure if they missed it or not but I hv my "clean up" sign on at the door. Anyway it's a nice hotel can give it a try.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked an ocean view room (although unsure if they actually gave us one) which was just stunning, however we accidently got our dates wrong and arrived a day early so stayed in an Ozone Halll the night before which was EXACTLY THE SAME. The interior of the hotel is unique and just gorgeous and the rooms include a beautiful view and it's ridiculously comfortable beds made it hard to get up in the morning. We looked forward to a balcony bath tub for months before our trip, only to find that there was none. There are lots of stairs! We were in room 408 on the bottom and had about 5 flights. By the way if you stay in that room the bath tub plug is broken. It was before we got there so couldn't have a bath :( I highly doubt that they will do anything to fix it as staff do not seem interested in anything guests have to say. Breakfast at Tiffin Mama was great with 3 choices plus a coffee. Hired the scooter most of the days we were there and gave my bf's passport as bond. On the last night we got a dodgy looking one but didn't care too much. The following day upon checking out the lady had trouble finding the passport! She found it after 20 minutes (in between doing other things unrelated to this task) with the taxi man out the front who hires scooters! Yeppp nice of them to tell us that it wasn't their scooter and they were giving it to some random. The lady then asked us to wait while they checked whether there was any damage to the room. We sat patiently for 20 minutes. 20 minutes you ask? They forgot to tell us that this task had been completed. Don't get me wrong, this place is fabulous but as someone who works in Tourism, I really believe that the staff need a lesson or two in manners as they do not do this fine hotel any justice. Not once did I walk through the foyer to a smiling face, only staff chatting to each other or watching things on their phone. Stay here for the gorgeous location, however do not stay here if you are looking for the whole package

Room Tip: If you hire a hotel scooter make sure it belongs to the hotel, be prepared to walk up lot's of s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JackySangsan, Director of Sales at Foto Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your message and please accept my apology on delay of response. We appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. It is a tremendous help for us to know how our guests perceive our services and where we have to focus on improvement to remain an exclusive hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience caused, this case will be shared with Department Heads and amongst associates to avoid any future repetition.

I do sincerely hope that you will provide us another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

If there is anything I can do to make that possible, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to arrange and ensure that your next stay will be a perfect one.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We just came back from a week at Foto hotel. We absolutely loved the room and didn't want to leave a few things weren't perfect, the Wi-Fi probably being the biggest of those. My partner works remotely and we thought the advertised free Wi-Fi meant he could get some work done, but alas it was slow and unreliable (but really, we were on holidays anyway right?) also we booked a double room and ended up with 2 separate beds they were king singles so really big and pushed together so we just rolled with it and didn't even attempt to change. The service isn't perfect as many people have said on here but nothing happened to really upset us, just not very attentive. We used the taxi service outside and had one driver the whole time which was great and really convenient he also set up a trip for us to go to a little island called Ko He which was one of our highlights.
The hotel is on a massive hill which we thought was fine when we booked because we're both quite fit people but it's not really possible to walk because there is no foot path and it's pretty scary with cars coming around the bend.
The pool was fabulous and the view spectacular. The hotel overall was just amazing and although I focused a little bit on the negative aspects for this review we had an amazing time and would definitely go back and stay again at Foto Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013

Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Over the past 2 months I've visited Foto Hotel 3 times to try and book a room for friends/family visit. Every single time I just stood and waited at their front desk with absolutely no staff greeting me. I've waited several minutes and all they did was chat or play on their mobile phone. I left with frustration because I couldn't even book a room with them. This has happened Every Single Time. I am very disappointed the only person that probably gave me real service was the security guard at the parking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Khun N A,

Thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our team we do apologize for the case and this topic will pass to our Front Office Manager accordingly.

Regards,
Asst. Sales Manager
Yield Department foto Hotel
T: +66(0)76 680 900 F: +66(0) 76 680 901
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good points:
A hotel has a very cool design and creative concept. The room is clean, large, well equiped and private, espcially the bed and the signature big bear is very comfy ;) It's also a good idea to provide those warmheart free mini bar, very cute.
The bar, restaurant and pool on the 3rd floor provides superb view and the food is not bad.

Negative points:
1. Staffs are not that friendly and supportive. Comparing to other 4-5 stars hotels in the same area, the service here is just soso. I've been waiting for the check out process for more than 30 mins. When I started to ask why it's been too long, they just said it wad sone for 29 mins ago but they forgot to tell me! It's ok to forgive if there was an apologize, but i got none. That's why it realy made me feel terrible with their service and manner.
2. Parking lot needs to be urgenty expanded and provided.

Dear Sir,

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The staff are all super friendly and the decor is really good. There is an enormous bed, a bath on the balcony and a free minibar with snacks and soft drinks. Breakfast is amazing and the pool/restaurant area has gorgeous views of the beach. Unfortunately this comes at a price as the hotel is up a fairly steep hill, and there are A LOT of steps to walk up if you are at the bottom (near the spa) like we were! However, if you can embrace that (exercise is supposed to be good for you after all!) then this is a fantastic place to be. Very quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of town - great for couples who want a relaxing time away from it all...

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Foto Hotel? Share your experiences!