“Totally disappointed!!! Dont book it if you just like the photos” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Foto Hotel

You added Foto Hotel to your Saves list
Foto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   218/9 Kata - Saiyuan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
“Totally disappointed!!! Dont book it if you just like the photos”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We just checked out last Thursday. There were many minus things:
1) We booked the ocean hall. However we could only see 1/4 sea, the rest was hill
2) Very slow check-in. We had a tried flight and arrived to the hotel at 5:30PM. It took us 30' to check in. It seems like this is a new hotel, the staff not well trained enough.
3) The room decoration is totally different from what you look on the website
4) The air-con is just above your table head and you cannot adjust the wing because they use the center system
5) Breakfast was another disappointment although the restaurant is next to the beautiful swimming pool. Only the salad and pastries were buffet. You can only order one main dish once a day
6) The taxi service was a robber. The hotel does not allow the outside taxi come in to pick up the guests even you book through the phone. Taxi fare from the Phuket airport to the hotel was 800bath. But the hotel quoted us 1,300bath

Only one plus thing is the swimming pool. It is nice

Eventually my advice is no try the hotel if you just like the photos as you will be very regretful like I am now

Jason

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JackySangsan, Director of Sales at Foto Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Khun Jason,

Thank you for your message and please accept my apology on delay of response. We appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. It is a tremendous help for us to know how our guests perceive our services and where we have to focus on improvement to remain an exclusive hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience caused, this case will be shared with Department Heads and amongst associates to avoid any future repetition.

I do sincerely hope that you will provide us another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

If there is anything I can do to make that possible, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to arrange and ensure that your next stay will be a perfect one.

Yours sincerely,
Jacky

Sangsan Panboon (Mr.) - Assistant Sales Manager
Yield Department
tel: +66 (0) 7 6680 900 | fax +66 (0) 7 6680 901
m: +66 (0) 81 370 8044 | skype: sangsan.panboon
email: sales@fotohotelphuket.com | web : www.fotohotelphuket.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place just could be one of the most beauitful places we ever been. You will love this hotel, and most important the people that take care of you... are wonderful... The rooms are fantastic and the beds extraordinarily comfortable. Easily one of the best overall hotel experiences : for fun, rest & relaxation!

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel photos are much better that it actually is. The bed in our room was the worst bed I have ever slept on, between the way too soft bed and the air con right above the bed we barely got some sleep. We had to walk 166 steps to get to our room, which is quite a walk. The service is ok, although it could be much better. Staff tend to mock around, instead of being efficient. Restaurant takes about 30 to 40 minutes to bring your food, even if it is just hot chips.
Finally, the hotel is located on a hill so it is not very accessible, cabs will charge you at least 200 tb to from kata beach to the hotel. Worse yet, the taxi station outside the hotel is basically a mafia, beware of them and avoid using their services if you can.
Overall I think this hotel promises but does not deliver. I would not go back again.

Room Tip: If yo must stay in this hotel try to book a room close to the lobby, otherwise you will be doing hea...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel and I've decided to write this review on my second night here. From the food(breakfast was set menu plus buffet, dinner serves the best green curry I've ever had), view from the pool, comfortable big bed, big bath tub on balcony and free minibar. Only thing we really dislike is the hotel is on a hill. For us who seldom exercise the walk up is quite a tiring one. Electricity went off for the first night. Staff here are friendly and helpful although some cant understand English.

• Stayed August 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in foto hotel for 5 nights last week and so far this is the best of all hotels in Thailand we experienced.

A very stylish, non pretentious character with helpful staff.
Perhaps the only criticism was the internet which was not very reliable, but who needs it when you have amazing room with great view, infinity pool and tranquillity of the surrounding nature? Oh and a bed which would fit 5 people for the naughty ones!

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I would actually give this hotel 3 1/2 stars. The hotel itself is lovely. Cool design concept, clean, and modern.

The main issues we had were:

1.) Endless ants. Everywhere. I get that it's a tropical climate and I might see an ant here or there. I didn't expect an infestation in my room.

2.) Stairs that were uncovered. When it rained, there were sections of the hotel where you actually had to walk through the rain (even on the stairs) to get back to your hotel room. I don't know whose idea it was to NOT put a roof over portions of the stairs, but I really don't see how it makes any sense.

3.) Location. Phuket in general is not really that enjoyable of a place in my opinion (I prefer Railay or one of the beautiful islands around the area for a cooler vibe). The location of this hotel, though, is so disadvantageous. Yes, because it's located on a steep hill so you DO get somewhat of a nice view, but if you plan to walk and not rent a scooter it's really tricky to walk up the hill to get back to your room. Not only because it's such a steep hill, but also because there is nothing that even resembles a sidewalk and the drivers aren't overly careful as they speed past you and miss you by just a few centimetres. It's uncomfortable and frankly a little scary.

4.) The housecleaners were SLOW and did not always give us new towels (when the others were clearly dirty) and did not re-stock our room appropriately.

5.) The power went off several times and we were given no indication (even after asking) of when we might expect electricity again. We weren't even assured that somebody was working on it to get it fixed. It got rather hot in our room.

6.) Perhaps somewhat unrelated to hotel, but the restaurant was terrible. The morning breakfast buffet was great, but we were disappointed when we ate dinner at the restaurant one night.

I recognize this review comes across as rather complain-y, but I do feel the need to point out the reasons I would give this hotel a score of 3 1/2 stars if I'm going to dock stars. Please note that 3 1/2 out of 5 is not bad. Everything else about this hotel is perfect. The bed is so comfortable and the rooms are lovely. The showers are amazing. The gym is fantastic. I would probably take a closer look at location if I ever decided to stay in Phuket again (I probably won't). If the issues I mentioned above aren't major concerns for you, you would LOVE this hotel. It really is modern, sleek, and cool.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

As I was looking for a hotel for our honeymoon, I instantly fell in love with Foto Hotel when I saw it online. So glad it didn't fail my expectations, specially my husband's. We travelled last March for 4d3n and we booked the Ocean Hall room.

Room: Is huge not to mention the bed. The big round bathtub is at the balcony, day bed is also available, and with its sea view is truly relaxing. The mini bar is free and they replace what you've consumed everyday. Almost everything are specially made for the hotel, from the Bears, the throw pillows, the cups, their trays, the toiletries, and even the bottled water. I love the interiors from lobby, to the room, to the toilet/shower. Smart TV, ipod dock, and speakers, are definitely a plus. A ceiling fan is available if you like an open air room set up. The downside is their shampoo & body wash are refillable instead of coming individually packed. So I don't fell it's very hygienic. Good thing I always bring my own when we travel.

Hotel: It was only few months from their soft opening when we visited so it was expected to be clean. They have the jacuzzi and infinity pool at the second floor (if i remember correctly), same floor with their restaurant, with the view of Kata beach. They have a beautiful Bokeh spa but unfortunately their prices are not reasonable. So we had our massage elsewhere instead.

Food: Their food took my love for Thai food to the next level. Daily breakfast are set meals. Although choices are limited I didn't mind coz they tasted so good anyway.

Location: Is few mins walk to the beach. The hotel is on a hill so... you either hire a tuktuk, rent a motorcyle, else you should have really strong legs to go up and down. Down the hill you got a lot of choices for restaurants, and massage parlor. There's also a small grocery store nearby.

Staff: We always had warm greetings and big smiles from the staffs we walked by around the hotel. The staffs however on the reception aren't really accommodating. The rooms weren't ready yet when we arrived so we were asked to just wait. No refreshments offered even a bottled water. Imagine travelling hours by plane, and another hour by land. So, we just asked where their restaurant is to help ourselves with some refreshments. I would have given a five stars for this hotel if it wasn't for this experience.

Funny experience: Once our room was ready, a staff was to guide us to our room. I was surprised to see a golf cart, which apparently is our service ride to go to our floor level. Clever and cool, yes? We were seated on the back, and as we go up the steep path woah, I felt like I'm gonna fall down. Who thought riding a golf cart will be so scary. I think if my grip wasn't strong enough I would have fallen already face first. I told my husband that we shall never ride that cart again and since then we always took the stairs to go up and down to our room.

Room Tip: Take a room closer to the lobby, so you won't have to take a cart ride, and it won't be much...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Foto Hotel? Share your experiences!