“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Cannacia Resort

Save Saved
You added Andaman Cannacia Resort to your Saves list
Andaman Cannacia Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   212 Kok Tanod Rd, Kata Beach | T.Karon, A.Muang, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #30 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
London
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Booked at the low season last year, the tariff worked out at 26 Pounds Sterling (GBP) per night. Once understood that it is Asian style, i.e. decor, service, and most of the food, it turned out to be great value for money. Location is just at the right balance too, not in the middle of the slum at beach level, high enough to be tsunami-proof and yet 2 minutes tuktuk from it all.
We took friends' recommendations to hire a car from the airport and the hotel was perfect in that it is on the road out of the mess towards the relatively untouched beaches down south, just 10 minutes drive. Hugely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Checked in 19th of May
Check out 22nd of May 2013

this property is seriously over rated, if you are traveling to Phuket and has chosen kata as your preferred location please do your self a favor and research more about this property. First of all, the ranking in agoda is ridiculous and unbelievable!!! The property with all honesty is not even close to what it looks like in REAL LIFE!!!

the service was awful and receptionist are unable to communicate in a professional nor polite manner. they are seriously over manned but the staff doesn't seem to be interested to their guest.

My first night was terrible, I didn't sleept well and i was comfortable with the room to top it off the bed has SANDS ON IT!! Underneath the sheets it was rather irritating specially when you just finished shower and looking to a good night sleep..

The next day after breakfast, I shared with the receptionist politely that I would wish to shift to another room.. As i understand that the property is running below 20% occupancy when I checked in.. The first two receptionist could make decision so they called the other receptionist in the lobby to ask for her permission.. Without acknowledging my presence she spoke directly to the other receptionist and lean her body against the wall, sigh and make face saying BUT SHE REQUESTED IT.. She continued to speak to the other receptionist insisting that it was my fault as I've requested for this room. As a paying guest, what would you feel? As a staff what should you do? THE PROPERTY AND STAFF'S main priority should me TO ENSURE EVERY GUEST STAY IS A COMFORTABLE AN RELAXING ONE.. But this people from andaman cannacia doesn't have emphaty towards their guest.. Service is terrible and receptionist were rude.

The wifi is NOT free, breakfast is ridiculously not good, service in the restaurant is poor.. Every single day there are 8 staff in the restaurant excluding the manager and WE as guest ends up pouring our own coffee, there is no anticipation BUT CHATTING within themselves.

BUT THE WORST THING IS THAT THE ROOM IS DISGUSTING AND DIRTY..

Let the pictures speak of itself

Personally, if you rate your property four star it is rather disappointing that you do not equip your employees with proper training and guidance.

There is no duty manager to address your concerns and nobody takes ownership.. If you stay in this property you can expect the following:

1.dirty bed
2.soiled linen, no comforters
3.no wifi
4.edible breakfast
5.dirty tub
6.accumulating mold to the faucet
7.mold around the shared toiletries ( they don't change it, they just refill those) -I didn't use them
8.dirty sink
9. Terrible reception staff
10. Struggle with communication with staff

If you are looking for a place to stay in kata, please do your research, with the rate they are charging i could have gotten a more comfortable property to stay.. Please do not make the same mistake that I did and dont trust ranking in agoda.. Bottom line, I've learned my lesson as a consumer and as the staff that I shared my experiences in this property told me "there's nothing they can do" this is the worst response ever!

I am never going to come back to this property ever in my lifetime and I WILL NEVER AND DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY!

• Stayed May 2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Well we arrived and the reception staff were wonderful but limited English offered us a cold lavender towel and cold drink on arrival and porter came for our bags. took us to our booked room a Garden Villa Spa room, which from the website preview seemed to be the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst enjoying amazing views of Kata Beach from your own private spa. To our shock and horror, these rooms, whilst comfortable and reasonably well equipped, were actually underground, and the rooms had no view at all. Being underground, build into the side of the hill, meant that the rooms were dark, dingy, and always had an earthy and musty smell about them. With no form of natural lighting to speak of, it felt like we were locked away in a prison cell. The spa is in need of repair and clean! The room was decorated beautifully thou. Grounds are in need of maintenance and repair with the pavers.Room service was good but you get no milk in your fridge but do get 2 bottles complimentary water everyday. We had buffet breakfast included, no variety and don't serve bacon!! very limited selection, lunch you order and takes 1/2 to arrive we think the meals at lunch time come from off site. Ordered a cappuccino only to be served with NO MILK. Small portions and expensive. Dinner well what a joke small meals and tasteless. Would not recommend eating here at all. Location was so out of the way resort up a very steep hill and tuk tuk expensive some 300 baht from Horn Grill Steak bar. Courtesy shuttle does not run often enough and during the day drops you off in the middle of Kata beach so if you are not going to the beach you need to walk about 10 minutes to get to where the tuk tuks are. Night time they drop you off at one location Peach Restaurant and pick up you up at another Blossom but forget to tell you miss communication and not a lot of English. Mozzies are a real problem at this resort. Due to non English speaking and location won't stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was shocked when I arrived here (spending around $200+/night) and realized I need to pay to use the internet. It wasn't cheap either - if I remember correctly it was $5.00/hr, and I was promised three hours as a courtesy - but then they charged me anyway! I was trying to skype on my phone, while searching for numbers on my ipad...their internet charge policy prevented me from using both of devices at the same time, which made booking flights and speaking with agents nearly impossible and angering. The internet situation definitely left a horrible taste in my mouth about this hotel, and I did feel I was being "robbed"...especially since this was the most expensive hotel I had in Thailand, and the ONLY one that did not offer free internet. Also, the hourly charge was just preposterous.

They supposedly upgraded me to a honeymoon suite. It was fine. Nice king size bed. It was near the end of the hallway, so I had to listen to a lot of loud chatter between the cleaning staff - who didn't seem to notice they were around bedrooms. Jacuzzi outside on not-so-up kept deck that seemed a little unused and dirty, and on the side of a very busy and loud road anyway. The view from the pools is very beautiful. The hotel is easily $30 to the airport by taxi.

I was sick with a fever when I arrived (I found out much later that I had caught dengue fever on the trip). The staff was fairly kind about that. And they let me shower in the spa upstairs before I left the hotel, and after check out. I had booked the hotel only an hour or so before online. I showed them the booking on the phone. They insisted I print it and guided me to their back office - all while I was clearly very sick with a fever. It seemed ridiculous to me. Anyway, their office was covered with ants...probably pretty typical for Thailand tropics.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in a ocean view standard room. It was very spacious and clean. Huge bed and bathroom. Very private balcony and beautiful views. The pathway walk to Kata Beach is a challenging one but its short and exercise I needed! It goes through what looks like someone's property with two small houses/shacks with a few dogs but I felt safe even in the dark. Overall it was nicer than expected!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Overall the hotel is good standard with a great location, it is well equipped and clean.The hotel is located on a steep hill, the hill is very very steep but takes no longer than 3 mins to walk unless you need to stop to rest. The reception staff are very friendly and always try there best and do what they can to make your stay excellent, The breakfast is not so good but edible. The staff in the restaurant at breakfast although nice and pleasant did nothing but stand about chatting and one in particular male member of staff ran about irritating most people by behaving like a fairy until the boss turned up and then you get the service you'd expect but as soon as the boss is gone don't expect your table cleared or tea/coffee served, We ate in the restaurant for dinner on our last night, The food is below what you would get down in town but double the price. The grounds and pool of the hotel are very nice but unsafe as there is a lot of manhole covers,drains left open and unsecured slabs. Maybe not everyone will find this an issue but I had a toddler with me. We had a poolside room which was great but some rooms are underground with no view or natural light so when requesting a room either request a room above the first floor or pool side.

Room Tip: Email the hotel before you arrive requesting either a poolside room or a room above the 1st floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I fell victim to the wonders of website previews when we booked what initially seemed like the perfect room at the Ananda Cannacia Resort in Kata Beach, Phuket. We booked a Garden Villa Spa room, which from the website preview seemed to be the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst enjoying amazing views of Kata Beach from your own private spa. To our shock and horror, these rooms, whilst comfortable and reasonably well equipped, were actually underground, and the rooms had no view at all. Being underground, build into the side of the hill, meant that the rooms were dark, dingy, and always had an earthy and musty smell about them. With no form of natural lighting to speak of, my wife and I felt like we were locked away in a prison cell, it was the most claustrophobic experience I have ever encountered. We had booked for five nights, but knew that we could not stay in these rooms for any longer than we had to. We explained our concerns to the hotel staff, and I must say that they were quite understanding of our situation, and were most helpful in arranging for us to change rooms. The hotel was quite full so we were not able to move straight away, but we only had to endure two nights in the bunker, before we were transferred to a poolside room. These rooms are fabulous, and if we had of booked here to begin with we would have had no issues at all with this hotel. The other thing is that this pool side room, was actually cheaper than the room which we had originally booked.
The hotel itself is quite charming, and it does have stunning views of Kata Beach from the main pool area. We eventually did enjoy our stay at the Ananda Cannacia , once we escaped the prison cell.
The service and hospitality could also not be faulted. This is quite a nice hotel, but just beware of the Garden Villas, particularly those on the side of the hill.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose your room carefully. Avoid those rooms built underground, they are like a bunke...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaman Cannacia Resort? Share your experiences!