“average resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Centara Kata Resort Phuket

You added Centara Kata Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Centara Kata Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   54 Ked Kwan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand (Formerly Jiva Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 396 Reviews
Perth, Australia
“average resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

cheap place to stay with nice pools and spa. rooms ok beds are very hard but you can ask for a mattress topper.
restaurant staff dont smile and dont offer so you have to ask for everything.
the cleaning staff are the friendliest in the whole place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel M, General Manager at Centara Kata Resort Phuket, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review.

I am sorry to hear that your found our beds a bit to hard, but appreciate your recommendation for the mattress topper, which we do have available on request.

I can only appologise on behalf of my restaurant team and I am sorry to hear that the smiles were missing during your stay. This is unusual and I can assure you not the norm for our otherwise very friendly team. I am delighted to hear about our housekeeping team and I will forward your very kind comments to the staff

Thanking you again for your review

Kind regards

Regina Salzmann
gmckt@chr.co.th

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
orpington kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed there for 10 days staff helpful location ok but a quite area if you want more night life go to patong
Rooms are ample and clean
Grounds very nice overall aimed at Aussie market... Family hotel good for kids safe pool area
Rooms can be noisey if people above have children running around

• Stayed September 2013
Langwarrin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

An excellent family resort with great facilities that is close to all the action - restaurants, massages, shopping, kata beach. The staff are very friendly, the food is great and the pools are fantastic. We had a great 10 days there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just got back from 10 days at this resort. We had the 2 bedroom family room and it was so spacious it has set a whole new benchmark for what I think hotels should be offering the traveling family at an extremely affordable price.
Each bedroom had its own bathroom and there was a small kitchenette that included a hotplate, microwave and large refrigerator in the lounge area.
Each space had its own television so no fights about what we were going to watch.
Food at the hotel was average. Convenient but I preferred not to eat there. Minibar prices were reasonable.
Plenty of restaurants around within a short walk. Many reviews mention Eight fold Restaurant with good reason. Great food and cheap!
All in all it was a great choice for my family. My brother and his family with 3 kids 13, 11 and 9 had one of the 2 bedroom suites and me with a 14 and 16 year old had another. My Mother also traveled with us and had a standard room which was good too.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a brilliant holiday at this hotel, there is nothing we would fault the location is lovely especially if you want a relaxing holiday.

All the staff are extremely friendly, polite and very welcoming, nothing is too much trouble . We used the spa facilities in the hotel and had the most relaxing time. We would recommend anyone staying at the hotel must use the spa. We would return to Centara Kata Resort and thank the staff for making it such a enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was a great place we stayed 6 glorious nights. Lovely staff so courteous but professional in their dealings with you. I would recommend it to others. The location is far from the airport approximately 1hour but the drive to the hotel reveals some great site's to visit. I have no criticism to make....... a place I would stay at. Security guards at the hotel made me feel safe and seemed to always have my best interest.

Room Tip: I will recommend a room on the upper level for quietness. Often times the swimming pools are crowde...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy_Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel is in my opinon situated in Kata Beach ja and it is in a good place. There are a lot of good dining places near and even the sea is't so far away. The hotelrooms are really nice and the air condition is really good. The three pool areas are very good. I could return to this hotel sometimes again!

We travelled at the June 2012 and I didn't mind that it was supposed to be the "rainseason". Only downfall about this was that the sea was little rough and we couln'd swim there a lot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Centara Kata Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Centara Kata Resort Phuket

Address: 54 Ked Kwan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand (Formerly Jiva Resort & Spa)
Location: Thailand > Phuket > Kata Beach
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
#6 Top resorts Hotel in Kata Beach
#10 Family Hotel in Kata Beach
#12 Luxury Hotel in Kata Beach
#13 Romantic Hotel in Kata Beach
Hotel Class:4 star — Centara Kata Resort Phuket 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Kata Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Centara Kata Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
Centara Kata Hotel
Centara Hotel Kata
Centara Kata Resort Phuket Kata Beach

If you own or manage Centara Kata Resort Phuket, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.