“Great hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House)

You added Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House) to your Saves list
Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House)
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4 Ket Kwan Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #20 of 51 Kata Beach B&B and Inns
Hoogeveen, The Netherlands
“Great hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very nice hotel: great staff and the pool looks lovely. We arrived at the hotel an hour too early, stored our luggage at the hotel and went to the beach, which is about a 5-10 minute walk.Checked in around 7 pm (reception is open till 11 pm or so), and the rooms are very big and clean. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Denbigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and I cannot praise it enough. We had to move room once but we didnt mind as they upgraded us. The bed was huge and comfy and the rooms were large,airy and light. They were not so much cleaned daily as redecorated,they even cleaned the windows. The air con was really efficient which was great as it was so hot. The bathroom had a power shower and lots of big fluffy towels and toiletries. The tv had great movies and lots of channels for everyone, also the hotel provided lots of free bottled water and a well stocked mini bar which was reasonably priced. The restaurant was so friendly with lots of choice, they even catered for my sister who is vegan. The staff were so helpful and friendly and we arranged a few trips and airport taxi service through them.The swimming pool was lovely and cleaned regularly, they also provided free tea and coffee all day. There is a 7 eleven shop accross the street and they allowed us to purchase drinks from here to drink by the pool! I stayed here with some friends and their young children and the hotel staff could not have been more flexible for everyones needs. The beach is a ten minute walk away with lots of shops and massage parlours along the way to keep you entertained. The bars are welcoming and friendly and provided lots of games for children and adults.
This was my first trip to Phuket and I must say the hotel really made it a pleasure. We got a good deal as we booked and paid in advance. The receptionist even left a little gift in my room upon arrival. I couldnt recommend this place highly enough, I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I saw a couple of the rooms and they were all excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

For the money we paid this hotel was not good. The bed is really hard and uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. The room wasn't clean and we found an old pair of underwear in a packet. The location is not great, a 20 minute walk from the beach. The good things are the staff are really helpful and friendly and the pool is a nice size and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sepilok, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for just one night. First of all, this place and the rooms do not look like the pictures. The rooms aren't luxurious at all and they smell very damp. Our linen had weird looking stains on them (like blood or something). We had a discount because of low season, so for us the price was ok but the prices on their website are NOT worth it. Also, it's not close to the beach at all, it says 300 meters in their description but this is not true because you have to walk all the way around Club Med wich is blocking the beach with a big wall.

First the people here seemed friendly, especially the woman. But in the morning when we wanted breakfast, problems started. Because I'm allergic to gluten and also a vegetarian, I usually have a vegetable omelet for breakfast so I have to ask for a adjustment because most times omelets are with bacon/sausages and toast. I've never had a problem with this anywhere in Thailand, and usually I get a substitution and people are very friendly and helpful about it. In this place they wanted to let me pay 120 baht for just a PLAIN omelette (normally that's the price with bacon). I asked why I had to pay for bacon when I don't eat it because I'm a vegetarian, but they didn't want to do anything for me. I asked for the manager because the waiter didn't understand English very well, first he didn't want to come and when I did, he basicly told us to leave in a very agitated way. I've never been treated like this in Thailand anywhere, normally people are very friendly here and they usually offer me an omelet with tomatoes or something and when the omelet is part of a set, I don't have to pay the full price. Both me and my boyfriend didn't understand why we were treated like that while all I did was asking a question. I was very shocked about this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here for a week, the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The shower was a poor sight. we didn't have a proper door... patio doors which did not shut the entire way.. which made it very easy for mosquitoes. Also there was Building work from early morning to stupid a clock at night! and when we left the stuff were very rude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

By far the best I've ever had, and believe me, I've had a lot of it. 120Bht. From the road the restaurant doesn't look up to much, but it's tasty, cheap and clean. Bar service can be a bit slow mind you - if there's no one there I just help myself!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked the place unseen for me and my 11 year old to stay for 16 nights, got there around 2pm, great reception from Kevin, ate some late lunch, tasty stir fry for 89Bht. Pool is small but unused so very relaxing, it's a 10 minute walk to the beach, everything's handy here. It's clean, staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you.

Honestly can't see what anyone can complain about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baannueng@Kata (The Kata Orient House)? Share your experiences!