“Loud Mouth American” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 88 restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Bar and Cafe provides great food,awesome cocktails and a Live Music/Karaoke Stage. R N' R is a unique & fun environment with an awesome friendly atmosphere! We are looking forward to meet, greet & treat you to an awesome holiday experience
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Loud Mouth American”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

First let me start off by saying this place is amazing! However it is a hostel, filled with young travelers who are just looking to have a good time, which tends to sometimes be on the loud side. That being said, if you are a young traveler looking for somewhere really fun, clean, in a great location, and has great food, stay here!! If you are old, dont like loud noises, and just looking for somewhere for a quick drink go somewhere else. I stayed at RNR for 5 nights with my friend, and by the time we left we felt like we were part of a little family. The staff is so amazing!! (we miss you guys sooo much!!) The hostel is very clean and its legit a 5 minute walk from a beautiful beach. If you are looking for somewhere to party but at the same time relax, stay here you wont regret it!

Allyssa

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ricky Z, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Just want to say thank you so much for such a kind review... The hardest part of this business is saying goodbye to special people that do become special friends and even adopted family.
I think in the case of the visitor's review known as "Ugh" you were referring to in your response... Our Hostel group was taken out on an Eco Adventure and Dive that day.
No place is perfect but in your case there are perfect guests and you are one...Thanks again and we really hope you come back soon.

84% Recommend
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Perth, Australia
“Ugh!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Read so many reviews about this and quite looked forward to pop in for a quick drink to check it out. We were the only customers apart from some loud mouth Americans who really spoiled it for us. Did speak to a very friendly Australian girl. Waited ages for a cocktail. Been there, never again.

Visited August 2012
As stated in an earlier response, I would love to say that R N' R is for everyone...However, The people that write a bad review ever so few usually do it because they expect bells and whistles at a establishment on a 24 hour basis. There are times when any property will have it's down time. It is a business and it needs time to check stock or even do some maintenance... Most of the time R N' R has low occupancy is because we have gotten a group of hostel guests together and take them out on a eco adventure or even an awesome scuba dive.
R N' R is a Hostel that caters to mostly young backpackers and yes they can get a little loud because guests are usually excited and having too much fun interacting with new found friends.. We are known as the travelers social solution.
R N' R is a youth hostel and not a older couples romantic retreat.
Your sad review is so outnumbered by so many loving and positive ones because our hostel guests get to see R N' R completely and not over a single quick drink.
We appreciate our guests young and old so we kindly invite you back with the above information in mind.
“Best hostel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here for 6 days and although it's a bit more expensive than your average hostel, we have been given a tonne of free cocktails and been looked after really well. The staff are awesome, soooo funny and crazy and we will be so sad to leave. If you go to kata in Puket... Stay at rick and roll!!!!!! Or at least visit it an have a cocktail :D

• 5 of 5 stars Food
I remember shouting all those free cocktails... a wonder we stay in business. Thank you for your kind review.
Singapore, Singapore
“Scuba Diving, Bar, Hostel...Better than the Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Believe it or not,I got my Padi Scuba Diving Open Water Certification here!!!
My friend and I run into this place for a drink at the last night of our Phuket trip in June. We had a great time there with the guests there and Ricky(the owner of RNR). Ricky made us laugh so badly!! The staff are incredible!! What they offer you is much more than just a drink, you will know what I am talking about when you come here! They helped us booked the taxi to the airport and it is 300 Baht cheaper than the price that my hotel offered us.
I planned to get my Padi Scuba Diving Cert in Malaysia in July, I end up changing my plan after I talked to Ricky, he told me that his hostel has this package for scuba diving.After I checked the price, it is way cheaper than what it is in Malaysia. So all I need to do is get a cheap air ticket and fly there, and that is what I did !! Btw, the owner Ricky is an awesome kindhearted guy,full of energy, you will never feel bored around him. He loves diving and wildlife, he even started a website to protect the sea.I appreciate that a lot!!
I stayed 4 days in RNR learning Scuba diving with Joe (the instructor there), I can barely swim and my knowledge of diving was terrible, but with Joe's help and 4 days' hard working, I passed the final exam and got certified, Wooohooo~ I'm a diver now.

P.s. Don't forget to try the lovely lady Ben's food, best sandwich/burger in the street!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RickyZenLazenko, Owner at Rick N' Roll Music Cafe & RNR Hostel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
We are so excited with our R N' R Scuba Diving Club... Our goal is to clean and protect our local reefs supporting Thailand's natural and amazing marine life while providing a better under water environment and experience for our guests.. We will use a fare portion of course funds to continue in this effort...Scuba Diving is a great way to experience one of our Planets greatest Wonders...Thank you for your kind support and great review.
Wishing you continued safe & fun diving, Ricky
Rawai Beach
“Only hostel near the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are a few hostels on the east side of the island but it's 400Baht ($15) taxi ride from them to the beach. Great social atmosphere and lots of activities available. Free Wifi. Rick is a divemaster and is even starting a scuba diving center downstairs.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yes, We are only a 5 - 8 minute walk to Kata Beach and we are excited to announce that you can get your PADI at R N' R and in mid October we will start our Beach Diving Adventures at Kata Reef...You can also join in our monthly reef clean up dives. Hope to see you on the beach, Ricky