“great room / facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capannina Inn

You added Capannina Inn to your Saves list
Capannina Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98/84-85 Kata Rd. | Karon, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“great room / facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Got a great discount booking online shortly before arriving. My girlfriend and I were blown away by the room, very spacious, clean, tidy and comes with a proper coffee machine. Breakfast was tasty and they serve till 11am which was a welcome change.
Not situated right on the beach but it's not far and there are many places to hire a bike if the walk seems to daunting. lovely roof pool with jacuzzi. The staff very friendly and helpful. The only let down was the view from our room which was situated at the rear of the hotel, we had a nice swampy building site to look at, but even so this place was easily one of our favourites during our 22 day travel round Thailand.

Room Tip: ask for the front of the hotel overlooking the park
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE! I went to their website and booked a room for 4 nights for January 2012. Their website charged me for the first night's stay. A day later I was contacted by the hotel directly, and they told me their computer had made a mistake and that all the rooms were booked. I told the lady that their website had already charged me. She said that was impossible, and that there must be an error in MY bank. I later verified with my bank, and then contacted the hotel. They said they would take care of it. A day later, the manager of the hotel called me and told that they DID have rooms available, and that the first lady who called me was wrong. He told me he could book us. However, I had already booked another hotel. Their response? They canceled my entire stay, and then I WAS CHARGED FOR ALL 4 NIGHTS! As I had booked 2 rooms, I was out $600! I started calling and sending emails, but I was ignored...no callbacks, no responses...nothing. When I got the manager on the phone, he yelled at me in a heavy Italian accent that everything would be fine and that it was being fixed, though he never explained how. He was very irritated that I was calling (and he let me know it repeatedly).

Finally, I received a notification that I would be reimbursed. However, I was not reimbursed the full amount...they shaved about $10 off, which they said MY BANK was charging for all the extra transactions, as if it was MY FAULT. They refuse to make good, even though all of this nightmare was THEIR FAULT.

You'd have to be pretty desperate to stay here. This place is obviously a low-class business with poor leadership. Don't trust them with your credit card. They obviously feel they can do whatever they want with YOUR money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Clemente
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have been to Phuket many, many times and this is the first time I have stayed at Capannina Inn. To be honest, my intention this trip was not to stay at Capannina Inn rather than a different hotel that I knew of, but since I misplaced the contact data for the other hotel I decided to reserve at Capannina Inn instead. After all, I had eaten at Capannina restaurant many, many times and it was excellent so I figured their inn must also be of very high quality. I was wrong.

Capannina Inn is located in a new area of Kata beach known as Kata Beach Center. The area is quiet and mainly residential, but easily accessible to outside areas. To be fair, Capannina Inn staff are very friendly and helpful, but there is only so much they could do when the facilities were poor.

We reserved a superior room with an extra bed for our 9-year old. Upon arrival the room we requested was not ready so we had to sleep in two different rooms. The next day when they did install the extra bed, it was little more than a folding cot which was very uncomfortable to sleep on. The second day we were there the cable TV went out and we had to wait until the next evening before it was repaired. When the cable did go out we tried using the room phone to contact the reception, but the telephones were out of order in all rooms.

Worst of all was the water. The water for the entire three days we were there was yellow. Very yellow. We brought this to the attention of the local staff, but there was nothing they could do that solved the issue. So, make sure you have plenty of bottled water to brush your teeth with!

The room price includes breakfast, but breakfast is little more than a pastry roll with juice. There is no real cooked breakfast least of all with bacon and eggs. You will probably end up having to go for a better and more satisfying breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

And the price. Capannina Inn is highly overpriced. Room quality is no better than at any of the other surrounding inns, but Capannina Inn's prices are almost double. At Cappanina Inn we paid a discounted rate of about $65 per night, but after leaving because on the 3rd day we could no longer tolerate such a substandard experience, we went next door and got a nicer, bigger room at a hotel which offered a great breakfast, free spa and jacuzzi and a real second bed for our child at a non-discounted rate nearly 50% less than what we were paying at Capannina Inn.

Mario, kudos for having such a great restaurant, but shame on you for such a terrible inn. Perhaps you are too busy to manage it correctly.

Room Tip: Great Tip: Avoid Capannina Inn and Stay Anyplace Else!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Capannina Inn? Share your experiences!