“Anniversary in the Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

The Shore at Katathani
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   14 Kata Noi rd., Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
5.0 of 5 stars 598 Reviews
“Anniversary in the Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked through the hotel website, pay 3 and one night free from (14 to 18 June). It was good rate with complementary airport round trip shuttle. The shuttle was on time and the driver was nice and offer and cold water and refreshing towel.The staff at the reception were very nice, Walailoy and Lilly welcomed us and offer a fantastic cashew juice. I asked the hotel host to make a surprise to my wife and give the room a romantic touch days before the arrival, and he really surprised both of us at the time we entered the room. The room was amazing, very clean and beautiful. The private pool was spacious and very private. The ocean view pool villa was beyond my expectation and it is worth every single cent.
Mr. Sven did his best to insure our stay is perfect. My wife and I wished not to leave, hopefully we can come again and enjoy The Shore.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Saud A,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your recent experience here at the Shore.
I am very happy to read that you found heaven. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. Please be assured that I will pass your comment regarding our villa and our staff to each department.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Quite simply I was blown away by this stunning lavish (but unpretentious) retreat high up on the end of Kata Noi beach. The views, the gorgeous private infinity pool and superb room facilities actually make you feel like you don't actually want to leave your suite (I can get quite fidgety when abroad but here I was totally content to just stay put). The only downside I was on my own on the back of a business trip. I would loved to have my wife share this experience with me (It would have been 11/10 with her there. Just 10/10 being on my own). Rest assured if you want to impress your partner, this is THE place to stay in Phuket !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Mike W,

Thank you very much for you great review. I am very happy to read that you had an excellent stay.
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our villa.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future with your wife.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A MUST for anyone who wants total relaxation and serenity. We could have easily just stayed at the resort and been happy without sightseeing in Patong. No young kids running around, just peace and quiet. Every one of the staff was great and the service made us feel like we we're really the only ones there. Breakfast was excellent and the view while relaxing in our private infinity pool was amazing. Highly recommended. We went in mid June (slow season) and it was great. Not a drop of rain fortunately. GET THE SEA VIEW VILLA WITH PRIVATE POOL! The room was just perfect, just like the pictures. Don't try to find a better place/location, it won't happen. Totally worth the money. Do it.

John and Lisa

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear John B,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very happy to read that you had a great stay here at the Shore. Please be assured that I will pass your comment regarding our staff to each concerning department.
I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I took advantage of one of those deals that seems too good to be true which involved 4 nights at the Katathani lesser hotel which is situated in the same grounds as The Shore which we also spent 4 nights. The first part was quite pleasant, our room had sea views, was spacious and clean, it a very large hotel more directed to families and if I had to rate would probably be around 4 stars or slightly less. It had a very good spa, several large swimming pools and almost had the bay to itself. The hotels are located in a very quiet area about 5 minutes from the town where you can catch a local bus to Patong Beach if you chose to. The town has plenty of good quality cheap restaurants and reasonable shopping. The other hotel, The Shores, couldn't have been more different, each room had it's own pool, great views and despite the villas being close were very private. The facilities were 5 star and if you need a bit of romance in your life dinner in the outside restaurant with all the candles lit finished the night perfectly. Overall I found nothing to fault the place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Philip A,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am very happy to read that you had a great stay in both of the properties. Be assured that I will pass your comment regarding our Spa to all the concerning departments.
I hope you had a hassle trip back and hope to welcome you back “aShore” and at Katathani in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let me start by stating the obvious: The Shore's rates are arguably exorbitant compared to other resorts and hotels in Kata. This, of course, might turn off some tourists particularly those traveling on a budget. For these guests and tourists, there are definitely others that offer more pocket-friendly prices. But there lies the rub: The Shore isn't quite like any other resort or hotel. Everything about it just works--from the infinity pool sitting outside your room to the well-appointed toilet and bath fixtures and amenities. You can tell that the developers really took their time in making sure that their guests' stay with them will be truly one of a kind.

My wife and I went to Phuket last May for a typical change in scenery. We come from the Philippines and every summer, it's almost tradition here to hit the white sand beaches of Boracay. This time, however, we thought of going some place different to experience something new. Phuket was one of those places in our list. It has none of the glitz and frenzy of Patong Beach and that's just how we like it. We wanted some quiet time away from all the noise and bustle and we found that in Kata Beach.

This was the first time my wife and I were taking an out-of-the-country trip together without our daughter and I really wanted to make it really special. I went online to do some research and look for an excellent hotel/resort. The Shore came through for me/us: The private pool gave us a picturesque view of Kata Beach, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on and their staff were all very courteous and accommodating (Special mention to Sylvia who's also a Filipino. She went above and beyond her call of duty to make our stay truly enjoyable. If you're reading this, Sylvia, we want you to know you did an amazing job!)

For those who have the budget and don't want to scrimp on excellent accommodation, I highly recommend The Shore. This much I know: We will surely come back.

Room Tip: If budget permits, pick the seaview villa with private pool. Excellent. Better than advertised.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chad_Rosario,

I am very happy to read that you had a great holiday. Be assured that I will let Sylvia know about your comment.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

this is without question the best resort in phuket for honeymooners in terms of luxury, location, view, and service.
We thought it was a bit pricy when we booked it, but when we got there it all made sense! The place is sublime.

Advice: get a sea view villa in the month of April or May.
We were lucky enough to go in early June and still could enjoy the sunny weather, but that doesn't usually happen in Phuket.

I would also recommend to make your stay for 4 nights max and then move to somewhere in the heart of Patong since most of the touring is in that area.

All in all, it's worth every penny you put in it, you will not regret it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Karim M,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience here at the Shore. It was a pleasure for us to have you had here. I am really happy that you could enjoy your Honeymoon with us. Be assured that I will pass your comments to all of our staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is definitely the best resort we have been to and probably the best we will ever encounter. The private villa is just beyond reality. We happen to have the one with the gorgeous sea view, right facing our bed. It's also secluded which gives us a lot of privacy and silence. You don't hear anything but the sea waves, the tress brushing and the birds. We definitely recommend our villa: #8873. The service is also amazing. You find the staff so eager to help you in any way. The restaurant also has the best food with very good prices! This is our third and last day here, we wish we could have stayed more but it's too expensive for us, though it's totally worth it!

If you are wondering about the weather, it's just perfect. The forecast stated that there would be showers now but it's sunny and hot, but not too hot! We have been told that even if it does rain, it would only occur for half an hour.

I couldn't be happier for choosing this place as my honeymoon destination.

P.S: we just received a complementary fruit basket as I'm writing this! Just lovely :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Farah N,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to read that you had an exquisite honeymoon. Please be assured that I will pass you comment to all of our staff.

Assistant Resort Manager

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!