“Breathtaking” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

On arrival we were welcomed by friendly staff,offering my husband and I a cold drink and a cool cloth, while we did the check in. Our room was amazingly clean and our view was breathtaking. The staff were very friendly, attentive and went out of their way to make sure our stay was unforgettable. We stayed in room 8862 which was in the first row and we had complete privacy. We had no sound from below and it wasnt far for us to get down stairs. The security guards at the gates always had a smile for us when we passed them every day. The staff at breakfast time, Sara, Hugo, Mae and the chef were all outstanding, you could not ask for more, as the variety was huge and presented so well. Thank you for a pleasant stay and we will be back in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Vicki M,

Thank you very much for your breathtaking review.
I am really happy that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. Our team will be very happy that you mentioned them in your comment.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and would be glad to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future.

521 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I just stayed at The Shore for the first 4 days of our honeymoon....and we were blown away! We had a villa facing the water that had a breathtaking view. It was hard to leave the room as we had everything we needed to enjoy the day, our private lounge area and pool were quite relaxing.

The best part about this hotel is the incredible service. Every single staff member we came in contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. All smiles all the time, it is contagious. Sylvia at the front desk really helped make our stay a memorable one, she helped with spa reservations and dinner reservations even if we were going outside of the complex. We would stop in every morning and chat with her about our excursions etc. from the day before. She was so great.

The facilities are great - the beach is beautiful and quiet, much less crowded than other beaches in the area. The pool was always clean and refreshing. And if the workout room is too small you can use the larger one at the sister hotel which is a 10 min walk or a quick golf cart ride. We even took a Thai boxing class which was fun.

I noticed someone complaining about the food in their review, I will have to disagree. We had a great and filling breakfast each morning along with a great lunch pool side. We thought the food was great. They have a number of options from light salads and sandwiches to traditional Thai dishes- and for breakfast a wide variety of things to try along with eggs made to order.

All in all this was quite a memorable stay and we can only hope to visit The Shore again one day.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jenntref,

Thank you very much for your spectacular review and congretulation for your honeymoon.

I am really happy that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, the incredible service and our team. Be assured that I will let Sylvia know about your comment on her.

I wish you a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Katathani Shores is part of hotel complex in Kata Beach and is the most southernly situated hotel at the end of the beach overlooking the beach from a hilltop. the rooms are absolutely breathtaking and include a personal infinity edge pool and sunken sitting area adjacent tot he pool. The wall facing the beach is glass and fully retractable for a spectacular view and feel. I can see. I would guess that there are about 25 of these suites and all occupants have access to the Katathani resort a few hundred yards down the beach.
The pool area is elegant and while the hotel was well booked we never ran into more than one or two couple in the common areas. To that point this is most definitely a couples place. The staff was friendly and I was happy with my stay.
The down side is that the food at the hotel was just not good. I am not so mean spirited to say it was bad but I might have stayed in the room my entire stay if not for the poor food. It was easily remedied by going just down the beach to Mon Tri's kitchen (trust me the name sounds hokey but its fine dining in a casual atmosphere)
The other problem was the sun....none of the beautiful personal pools got direct sun at all, not in the morning or the afternoon. You can however go down tot he pool and get all the sun you want so this too is easily remedied. the last problem (for me) was location. Kata Beach is about 30 south of Pa Tong and that is where the real action was.

If you are on your honeymoon and you want to be alone this might be the perfect place for you but if you want to be near any nightlife I would have to say to stay at one of the gated hotels in Pa Tong. I assure you that you will not be disappointed with this hotel but there are much better options for the price.
Glad I went there? Yes.
Would I go back? No.
Would I recommend it to somebody else? It would be hard to based on the other options. if you want to be in the secluded cove but want to be a little closer to town and have sun on your patio try the Villa Royale. If you are looking for any nightlife Pa Tong has a ton of options.

Room Tip: In fairness all the rooms look great the only downside was the lack of sun on the patio/personal poo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear housmony_10,

Thank you very much for having taken time to write us this review.

I am very happy that you think our villas are breathtaking and our team is glad that you mentioned them in your positive review.

Regarding your comments about the food I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have already spoken to our chef and please be assured that we will do our best and work on constant improvement.
Our Sea View Pool Villas are designed to ensure amazing views of the sunset over the bay of Kata Noi while as you noted for more intensive sunbathing on hotel grounds, the area around the pool is the perfect location.

The Shore is the ideal place for couples, honeymooners and everyone who is looking for serenity and a relaxing time in one of the most unique and beautiful surroundings in Phuket. The nightlife of Patong can be however easily reached by either our shuttle bus service or a 20-minute ride with taxi or TukTuk as well as other destinations around the Island.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back "aShore" on another occasion.

Yours sincerely,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for two nights in December 2013. So wonderful, but way too short! The best hotel on Phuket. Hands down! Close enough to action, but far enough away to avoid the busy night life if you want to! We were upgraded to the two bedroom villa and loved every minute of our stay. I did read the reviews regarding the gentlemen who drove the golf carts. We had no issues, though we did tend to tip them since our villa was at the very top of the hill! We arranged for breakfast to be delivered to the room each morning. The service was amazing. The breakfast was the best we encountered in our 2 week trip to Thailand. Dining on the patio/deck with Kata Beach as the view was heavenly! Only negative is the infinity pool was shaded most of the day leaving the water a little chilly. When we return to Phuket, this is our place! If your more of a luxury budget traveler watch for special rates on their website for a deal! Our original room reservation was around 500 a night. The perfect place for honeymooners!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Baldwin996,

thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you had an excellent stay.
I will also inform the staff about your positive comment.

Regarding the chilly water in your infinity pool, please be informed that due to enviromental safety, the aircon is connected to the pool heater. So if the aircon is not running, the pool will be not heated. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I hope you had a hassle free trip back home and hope to welcome you back aShore in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We spent a week there and we loved every minute of our stay!
Excellent view, romantic, great service, classy!
The ocean-view pool villas are amazing. Not only from the architectonical point of view but ambiance as well. We spent hours just looking at the beach, sunsets or the stars. Waking up every morning was a dream :)
The hotel spoil you with a welcome breakfast at your villa that you probably will never forget.
The little & big details from the housekeeping staff make your day.
They offer pick-up service in your room or in nearby restaurants from the same hotel chain.
They have several classes for free: vegetable carving, yoga, cocktail mixing, Thai language. For me they were a great way to learn more from the culture and of letting the staff share their knowledge and make a contribution.
Well done!

Room Tip: I highly reecommend first row pool villas
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear AnaSarmiento,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed every minute of your so much. I will let our staff know about your good comment and also about the villa. We are all looking forward to welcome you back aShore in the near future!!
Sincerely yours
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here as part of our Honeymoon in Thailand. We absolutely loved everything about the hotel. Their service, the views, the food were all amazing. We loved our sea view villa in addition to the beautiful views from the infinity pool. We ate almost every meal at the hotel and there is more than enough good food to choose from; even ate the same place for dinner (The Harbor) twice because there were so many food choices in addition to the perfect ambiance. We totally recommend this hotel to any couple; especially for a perfect honeymoon.

Dear AllisonEisenEshet,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am very happy to read that you had a amazing and perfect honeymoon. Thank you very much for your kind compliments towards our Villa, service and our restaurant.
We are all looking forward to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future for another amazing stay!

Sincerely yours

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff is very nice and try to accommodate but the facilities other than the rooms are lacking. I think the high rating on trip advisor is misleading. The place has ok rooms (as long as you have sea view) but everything else missed big time for us, especially for the price. Feels like its priced to be a 5 star resort but the furniture, food, views from non ocean view room(you may face the back of your neighbors with not even a glimpse of the ocean) are more like 3 star. Feels like you are staying at a motel on a crowded beach. If you like places like the Four Seasons, Aman resorts etc... this place is going to be a BIG miss for you. Although the staff is courteous they lack the polished feel of other places. I just overall wouldn't recommend staying here. Oh and the Internet barely works, you will have to call them to "reset" it constantly. Maybe if you are staying for a couple nights its fine but this isn't the kind of place you want to come stay at for a week or more, it just lacks the amenities of most 5 star resorts.

Room Tip: Seaview room is a must but only if you decide to give it a go here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Delgazi,
Thank you very much for taking time to give us a review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with our villas, food and non-ocean view. I would like to point out that the details and pictures of our villas provided on our website clearly indicate the location and views that are available from each type of villa. You had originally booked a non-sea view villa. After you spoke to Reception, we were able to offer you, due our condition, a new villa with better view. Regarding your issue with the internet, I apologize that it did not work for you 100%. After you spoke to Reception, I talked with our IT-Manager to establish a better connection for you and the problem was fixed during your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve our services and the experiences of our guests, and we thank you for your feedback. We will do everything in our power to address the issues that you have presented. We hope to welcome you back to The Shore soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#3 of 51 in Kata Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 599 reviews

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!