We were celebrating our anniversary and traveled to Phuket as a couple, no children. We were looking for a quiet relaxing vacation with 5 star service and the experience of Thailand's famous beautiful beaches. The Shore at Katathani exceeded our expectations. The staff were so warm and friendly during check-in, making everything so personable. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view villa (these are all mountainside) with our own private pool. The villa was decorated to recognize our wedding anniversary, was a nice touch. The villa decor I describe as luxurious rustic. Rustic only because of the woodwork and white-washed finish of the furniture & high ceilings and the really neat wood floor of the bathroom. Vaulted ceilings and oversized rooms provide plenty of space to be more than comfortable. They offer a pillow menu so you can order the type of pillow to your liking. The bathroom is quite large with double pedestal sinks, a clawfoot tub, and separate oversized shower. Sliding doors enable you to open up the bedroom and bathroom to the outside if you desire. From the bedroom you can literally step right down into your own private pool with the most incredible ocean views you can imagine. It was rainy season while we were there but we did catch a sunset one night....unbelievably beautiful.
This pool villa is so nice that you really don't want to leave. Breakfast was included in the rate and you can choose to have it delivered to your room or walk down the hill to The Harbor restaurant next to the main pool to eat. There are several restaurants on property so you literally don't have to leave property if you choose. Thai, Seafood, Italian, Int'l cuisine buffet.
You can walk from the villas to other areas of the property but steep stairs are required due to the mountainside topography. The Shore offers buggies (golf carts) to take you anywhere on property you need to go. We didn't try the Spa but prices seemed in line with other luxury resort spas. You can walk a short distance down the main road off property and find the typical local Thai massage parlors.
The location of The Shore is quite far from the main town of Phuket and the areas where most of the boat tours depart (James Bond Island, Phi Phi, etc). Those tours offer transportation and will pick you up from The Shore, then it's about a 45 min drive to the marina. We didn't mind the remoteness of The Shore. This is exactly what we were looking for. They don't allow children - it is for adults/couples only. I highly recommend The Shore if you are seeking a luxurious, relaxing vacation experience with excellent service away from the hustle and bustle of Phuket town and the main touristy areas.
- Also Known As:
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel
- The Shore At Katathani Hotel Kata Beach
- The Shore At Katathani Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury beachfront pool villa resort on Kata Noi Beach in Phuket, Thailand. This adult only resort is a natural fusion of indoor and outdoor living where time has no meaning beyond the pleasure of every moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your The Shore at Katathani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.