“Warm friendly staff - rare in Phuket” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
manila
“Warm friendly staff - rare in Phuket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We must say that the WARMTH of the staff in THE SHORE made them stand out from the rest of the locals, even comparing them to the current 5star we are staying at now.

Room: Fantabulous view of the Kata Noi beach! We could've stayed all day in the room just staring out to the sea from the TOPMOST villa. The sound of the waves were heard even from our high villa which made it so relaxing... Since I put a lot of weight on to room views --- I must say the room is a 5. Size of room very large and I love the wooden floor planks in the washroom -- keeps your feet warm after shower.

Breakfast: Very good! They serve steak and many other stuff. I also loved their mangosteen. Must mention the very friendly staff especially SHOLON (hope I got his name right) who took the time out to chitchat with us & told us about the Tsunami that hit Phuket few years back. He also taught us how to perfectly peel a mangosteen. It's service like this that makes you feel like you're being pampered.

Restaurant: Fine dining was excellent! Premium quality beef and seafood and recipes well done.

Serenity Spa: SUPER excellent. Maybe the BEST we've had NOT just in Thailand but compared to all Spas we've been to! The technique and the pressure was PERFECT. We can tell these staff were trained VERY well.

Beach: Unfortunately as lovely as the view from the high Villa, the actual waters of Kata Noi was a disappointment ---- there was bits and pieces of garbage that lined the ENTIRE shore. Made us stay clear from the beach waters. Maybe a major cleaning project needs to be implemented, though we know they clean the shores 2x/day.

Resort Facilities: Library tiny ; Boutique items not nice ; Fitness center tiny ; Lobby tiny.

OVERALL a pleasant experience. Resort quite pricey though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear kokonut_juice

Thank you for your time taken to provide this good review of your recent stay, which we have read with great interest. I am very happy to read that you had an overall pleasant stay at The Shore, that you enjoyed our restaurant and food, as well am I happy to read that you find our Serenity Spa excellent!
Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff, especially you mentioned Mr.Sophon, our Assistand Food and Beverage Manger at The Harbor Restaurant.
I am sorry to hear that the beach disappointed you, please understand that during the yearly monsoon season (April-November) prevailing winds travel inland, causing strong waves and currents to push debris toward our beach. A large portion of these items come from abroad; however please rest assured that, as you already know, we are implementing twice daily beach cleanings in addition to other projects which help to rectify the seasonal situation.
We hope to welcome you back “aShore” in the near future!
Sincerely yours

Resort Manager

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3days 2nights at room 8842 , the staff claimed that this room has the best view and they were right it was beautiful and breathtaking , the moment i stepped into the villa my heart melts instantly . The villa is very high up so buggy service required unless you don't mind walking .

Reception staff are tremendously friendly , they offer help to call the tour agent several time for us for confirmation when they saw me and my partner sitting there waiting for quite some time . Not to forget the buddy service staff , they remembered our room number and greet us with smile every time we used their service and the room service staff decorated our room nicely for us. However , i do think that the breakfast could be improve with some variety of local thailand food instead , i cannot recall if saw any thai food during breakfast buffet though. Do correct me if i'm wrong .

I was suffering from food poisoning on 2nd day of my stay , i was very touched even though i wasn't feeling well after having their breakfast , not sure whether it was the breakfast that cause my food poisoning but they are very caring , called a cab service at midnight for me to the hospital and arrange a light breakfast with porridge on the following day for me . One of their staff even wanted to send a flower basket to visit me but i was sleeping so they gave it to me during my checkout instead . Even though the food poisoning kind of spoil my mood a little but your staff makes me feels like home . Thank you so much for the wonderful service you provide Will definitely come back again next year ! Gonna stay longer this time ..

Room Tip: Villa 8842 is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear JessicaYKY

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us through Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the breathtaking view from your Villa and our friendly Buggy Service , and that you had a great stay. Thank you also greatly for the kind compliments towards all our staff.
Nevertheless, we regret not meeting your expectation regarding our menu selections during breakfast. Please allow me to specify regarding your comment of not presenting enough variety of Thai food during breakfast. Please kindly be informed that we do provide a daily a la carte menu for breakfast containing several thai dishes, such as fried noodles, fried rice, Dim sum etc, for guests to order during breakfast. Our Chef will be very happy to freshly cook it for you.
Maybe on your next stay you will have the chance to try it..
However I am sorry to hear that you got sick during your stay with us. I hope you get better now and I am glad to hear that our staff could give you the good assistance during those days.
We are looking forward to welcome you again Ashore in the near future!
Sincerely yours
Resort Manager
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

i stayed for 6 nights in Aug2013, i stayed in a mountain view villa # 8857, i thought it wud be a disappointment compared to seaview villas (there was no availbility) i was proved wrong.
The location:
although alittle distant from the airport and the major attraction, but the private beach is perfect, the location is safe and private, perfect for a chill.
The Desgin:
villas are smartly designed, you won't change a thing, i am an interior designer and this villas are an easy A+.
The pool is amazing, warm, 1.5m deep, surrounded with lush greens, flying butterflies and cute little birds.
the beds are very comfortable, the Bathroom is a piece of art, the privacy is very satisfactory.
The Restraunt:
Clean, delicious, presentable, high quality ingredients, limited but variable menu and Amazing views.
The Staff:
heart warming smiles and care, polite at all times, very tentive,fast and thoughful.
proffessionals and kind.
what is Special about the shore:
clean water,sand and beach
clean well designed pools
club car service 24/7
free water/wifi/afternoon tea & cakes at the pool
the eye pillow next to your bed is a priceless gift.
very comfy slippers for both the villa and the beach.
in short :
>>>>>>>>>>>
go there for relaxation, meditation, luxury vacation, great romance, nice dinners .. go there to refresh and restart.
alittle priy, but you will get what you paid for.
i definitly will go back, and i would recomment this place to anyone.

Room Tip: i got a mountain view room, it is not by any mean missing something. of course a sea view villa has...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Katathani1, Manager at The Shore at Katathani, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear TastefulTasteBu... m,
Thank you for your time taken to provide this good review of your recent stay and for the detailed information about the room. I am glad to hear that your experience at The Shore was very good. Indeed we are a little bit far from the airport, but I think is worth it the long way. We all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were generously upgraded to a Seaview Pool Villa for two nights at the end of our stay at Katathani whilst on honeymoon and it was magical. The private infinity pool is easily the best feature, in no small part thanks to the beautiful flowering plants that surround the villas, attracting a variety of colourful butterflies and the superb view of the gorgeous Kata Noi beach. The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to help. Facilities and services were ample and well-maintained. Breakfast at The Harbor was a treat and the service a delight.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear heyowhoa,
Thank you for your time taken to provide this good review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that your experience at The Shore was very good. Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff. We all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayedexpensive 3 days in mid August in the Pool Villa with Sea View.

The pictures do not do it justice. We were blown away by the attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the villa and the staff.

Each Villa is a standalone unit with complete privacy, requiring golf carts to ferry you from place to place. The Shore is part of a larger Katathani hotel group, which, in total has around 10 restaurants.

Go large, or go home!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear BakerMcKenzie,
Thank you for your time taken to provide this good review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that your experience at The Shore was very good and you got blown away.. Thank you also for your kind compliments towards all our staff. We all hope to welcome you back "aShore" in the near future!

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We've been to Fiji , Bali ,New Kaledonia , Vanuatu , and other tropical destinations but Thailand / Phuket / Kata Thani is our favourite . This year was the sixth time . We had great 14 days in Kata Bhuri but to celebrate our 30 th wedding anniversary last 2 nights we spent in a villa at The Shore . The whole experience was magical . The Staff , location , view ( from bedroom &bathroom & pool ) ,breakfast , spa treatment etc., everything works in harmony to make it an unforgettable holiday . We had amazing 2 days only but memories that will last lifetime .

Room Tip: We stayed in room no.8823 . It had best view , was half way up the hill and very private .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed only 1 night at The Shore and regret immediately that why didn't we book a second night! We are actually here with our family but decide to have a romantic getaway to celebrate our anniversary, so we booked a separate hotel for just a night. This hotel is really amazing and is the best that I've stayed in this year.

We arrived early and was informed that the room will only be ready at 2pm. We're fine with waiting actually but was surprised that the friendly staffs offer a complimentary lunch! The restaurant has a spectacular view of the beach, an extremely relaxing place to be as it wasn't crowded and noisy (as compared to the Patong)... even before seeing the room, we already felt that the people here and everything about the hotel is really nice.

As it got past 2pm, we started to feel impatient that the room is still not ready yet so we got the recep to check for us a couple of times. We finally got the room at 230pm and upon entering, I feel so guilty for rushing them cos they were actually preparing the anniversary stuffs - the cake and bed decor! So sweet for their kind gesture! I had inform them that its my anniversary in prior as I want to get a room with better view, did not expect they will go an extra mile in providing all these. I really appreciate their efforts!

Now, about the room, needless to say, its simply breathtaking!! The pictures doesn't do justice to the real view you're seeing! I always thought the 1st/2nd tier gets the best view as it is closer to beach so that you wouldn't see the roof of other units, but the room I am staying (8841), is at the 3rd/4th tier, has the best view as well! We can't really see the roof or pathway of other units unless we lean over the edge of the infinity pool. Most of the time, we are seeing the ocean & beach!

Room is really clean and well kept, with many many amenities provided. Extra towels placed beside your private pool. Bed is perhaps a tad too soft for my liking. We spotted quite a number of lizards but its fine, this is Phuket! We also saw a small green snake on our way to lobby.

We had our in room breakfast and the portion is quite huge for us, we can't finish the pastries. Breakfast + the million dollar view, I missed this place already......

I will definitely be back again when the monsoon season is over! I can't wait to bask in the sun and enjoy the swim in the private pool. Thank You The Shore for making this such a wonderful holiday for me and my fiance to unwind before our wedding the next month.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Shore at Katathani? Share your experiences!