“Great Trek” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Kata Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari in set on a beautiful ocean viewpoint where the dense tropical jungle overlooks Kata Noi Bay. We offer various jungle routes riding on these Majestic animals from 20 minutes, or to the summit on 30 minute and 1 hour treks. Fully trained and experienced guide handlers will take you and your family through the dense tropical forest along paths and trails from the southwest corner of the beautiful Phuket island stopping at scenic beauty for photographs along the way. Get lucky and sit on the elephants neck. Children and adults are encouraged to stop by the banana kiosk to observe and feed the Elephants, there is no charge. This is a great photo opportunity and you can even touch the elephants trunk.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Oxford
“Great Trek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Did a 50min trek with my Girlfriend. Kok Chang staff collected us, and delivered us back to our hotel. This was included in the price.

The elephants seemed well cared for, and we didnt witness any mistreatment of these fantastic animals.

The 50min trek flew by, we treked through dense jungle, up and down step routes. At the summit the views of Kata are stunning.

I have done Elephant trekking elsewhere before, but still really enjoyed going again. Well worth a coupld of hours of your holiday time.

• Polish first
Dawlish, England, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first experience of elephant trekking, but I really enjoyed this place. The elephants look well cared for and I felt very safe around them. The staff are pleasant and helpful. This was definitely one of the highlights of my holiday!

Perth, Australia
50 attraction reviews
“A great Experience upon Majestic animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went with my daughter and her fiance to Kok Chang for a 30 minute elephant ride and were really impressed with the wat these elephants were treated by the mahouts at Kok Chang. I led off on an elephant on my own, while my daughter and her fiance followed behind on another elephant (giving me great photo opportunities of them!). Once we reached the top the mahouts both got down to take photos of us overlooking the bay and my daughter got onto the shoulder of her elehant and was able to ride all the way back down like that, with my elephant going second now.

It was a lovely experience and one of the few places that I would go to.

Australia
“:(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Elephants were chained up and didnt look to be treated well. Not recommended for an animal lover

Visited December 2012
GoldCoast Australia
“Amazing Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife has a thing about elephants, she really loves them so I was a little apprehensive about us doing this as I had heard some bad stories about elephant trekking and I wasnt sure how she would cope if the animals were mistreated. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly including the driver who picked us up from our hotel lobby on time and the mahouts seemed to generally care for the animals. It was a family trip with our two teenage children so we had two elephants (two people on each) and we did the 50 min ride. The mahouts stopped at key locations for photos and even swapped the order of the elephants so we could see each other from different view points and the views of the beaches were amazing. The elephants seam to be well cared for with shade provided and were guided by voice. Bananas are provided at the end of the trip for a donation so you can feed them as well.
You could not wipe the smile off my wife's face, she could have done this ALL DAY! and was definitely a highlight of our trip.