“Great for families with young children” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Activities in Kata Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 620 Reviews
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari in set on a beautiful ocean viewpoint where the dense tropical jungle overlooks Kata Noi Bay. We offer various jungle routes riding on these Majestic animals from 20 minutes, or to the summit on 30 minute and 1 hour treks. Fully trained and experienced guide handlers will take you and your family through the dense tropical forest along paths and trails from the southwest corner of the beautiful Phuket island stopping at scenic beauty for photographs along the way. Get lucky and sit on the elephants neck. Children and adults are encouraged to stop by the banana kiosk to observe and feed the Elephants, there is no charge. This is a great photo opportunity and you can even touch the elephants trunk.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
sydney Australia
“Great for families with young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was perfect for our family - I have a 2 year old who I wasn't sure if she was too keen to go on an elephant hike. They picked us up from our hotel 10 minutes after we called them and there was no pressure to hike. We were able to look at the elephants, give a small donation to feed them bananas and when my daughter decided she wasn't going to hike all they needed was for us to pay for the transfer - not a big deal at all! The elephants seemed well looked after and the staff were lovely.

Visited January 2013

Mt. Prospect, IL
18 attraction reviews
“Do it at least once!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband, 24-year old son and I did the short 1/2 hour tour with other friends and it is enough. The elephants appear to be well cared for and you get to feed them unlimited bananas at the end. You ride a very steep hill to a view point. It was muddy on this particular morning so the elephants seemed to be using a bit of an alternate trail. The handlers allowed them to stop and eat along the way if they desired. They used our camera to take LOTS of pictures and let my son ride on the elephant's neck on the way down. It's an experience not to be missed.

Lausanne, Switzerland
10 attraction reviews
“first time on an elephant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

very nice trek of half an hour in a very appropriate reserve for elephants, beautiful forest, nice views and friendly staff... and the most important, fantastic animals, intelligents, wise and funny!

Bahrain
15 attraction reviews
“Interesting Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

First and last time for me! The elephants seemed to be looked after well but we are glad we only took the half hour trip not the full hour. The trek was up a very steep narrow hill to a viewpoint where we stopped for photos. It was not the most comfortable thing I have ever done but at least I have experienced it!!!

Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
“Just as other people said”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is our first time of elephant tracking and certainly it is the last time. I really see no reason for getting back to such experience, but I must admit, this one with Koh Chang was great! Since I was thought to myself that it would be the first and last time when my family and I have used an Elephant safari, I read a lot of stuff concerning elephant ridings' and especially TripAdvisor reviews. As one can see, Koh Chang is the best one on Phuket, and all the positive reviews are correct. The trip is great one (we have chosen 20 minutes ride, and I would never suggest to take longer trip, as I think it would be quite boring), elephants are well treated, they have a goog parking for those who come by their own car, riders have used our cameras to take photos of us, they were very nice and I think I would never find better safary. So, I recommend it to everyone who think about elephant safary on Phuket.

Visited January 2013