“Interesting Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 14 Activities in Kata Beach
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Kok Chang Elephant Trekking Safari in set on a beautiful ocean viewpoint where the dense tropical jungle overlooks Kata Noi Bay. We offer various jungle routes riding on these Majestic animals from 20 minutes, or to the summit on 30 minute and 1 hour treks. Fully trained and experienced guide handlers will take you and your family through the dense tropical forest along paths and trails from the southwest corner of the beautiful Phuket island stopping at scenic beauty for photographs along the way. Get lucky and sit on the elephants neck. Children and adults are encouraged to stop by the banana kiosk to observe and feed the Elephants, there is no charge. This is a great photo opportunity and you can even touch the elephants trunk.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Bahrain
15 attraction reviews
“Interesting Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

First and last time for me! The elephants seemed to be looked after well but we are glad we only took the half hour trip not the full hour. The trek was up a very steep narrow hill to a viewpoint where we stopped for photos. It was not the most comfortable thing I have ever done but at least I have experienced it!!!

Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
“Just as other people said”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is our first time of elephant tracking and certainly it is the last time. I really see no reason for getting back to such experience, but I must admit, this one with Koh Chang was great! Since I was thought to myself that it would be the first and last time when my family and I have used an Elephant safari, I read a lot of stuff concerning elephant ridings' and especially TripAdvisor reviews. As one can see, Koh Chang is the best one on Phuket, and all the positive reviews are correct. The trip is great one (we have chosen 20 minutes ride, and I would never suggest to take longer trip, as I think it would be quite boring), elephants are well treated, they have a goog parking for those who come by their own car, riders have used our cameras to take photos of us, they were very nice and I think I would never find better safary. So, I recommend it to everyone who think about elephant safary on Phuket.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Lovely time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was something I'd always wanted to do and I was not disappointed. I made a booking online and the driver was at our hotel right on time. The elephants seemed well cared for, which is more than I can say for other operators we passed on the island. The guide took 20+ pictures of us on the elephant which was great. The ride was very enjoyable. You can also feed them bananas afterwards. Definitely don't miss out on this experience.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

i liked the freinldyness and informality of the trekking i was not fo
rced or pressured into any purchases or donations

Bangkok
17 attraction reviews
“Great morning with gentle giants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a wonderful morning riding on elephants at Kok Chang. My guide was great, and made sure he took pictures, over 70 as it turns out, of me on the elephant with my camera.
The elephants were incredible, so gentle, and the guides seem to have a very good rapport with them, not exploited for tourist purposes.
Petting and feeding the elephants bananas afterwards was so fun.
Couldn't have been easier to schedule - simply had the hotel call them and they picked us up the next morning for the first ride!
Definitely recommend, this is a wonderful activity in Phuket.